Aug 3 2011, 1:15 am
By: Rantent
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Aug 3 2011, 11:31 pm Lanthanide Post #21

http://alliedtelesis.co.nz/jobs/

None.

Aug 4 2011, 12:22 am EzDay281 Post #22

Quote from dumbducky
I'm thinking working at whole Foods would be a step down pay wise, unless you have some sort of specialized skill. Otherwise, $14/hr is awesome and you should never leave.
Step down in terms of income, sure, but it's a job that I think I could enjoy, as opposed to tolerate.
If my family weren't in debt, money wouldn't be much an issue to me beyond "necessities and $50/mo recreational", at least for now. Maybe later I'll want more, but presumably by then, presumably, I'll be doing the whole "educating for future career" thing anyways.

None.

Aug 12 2011, 10:51 pm Mr.Camo Post #23

I build outdoor structures and also landscape for people. From a deck, patio, or gazebo to a koi pond or irrigation/sprinkler system. My pay depends on the job but I have no complaints I come away with good money and I have a nice truck too :)

None.

Aug 12 2011, 11:09 pm Excalibur Post #24

The sword and the faith

I live in NJ where it is unlawful to pump your own gas, an employee must do it for you and collect payment. I am said employee.

It isn't a bad gig but imagine being a pizza delivery guy and almost never getting tipped. I know that loses something in translation to people in other countries but USA peoples will know what I mean.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Aug 12 2011, 11:11 pm Tempz Post #25

Really interesting to find out what jobs senners have, i am currently unemployed, hoping to get a job before i hit 20. However i would like to get into politics and maybe work as an economist.

None.

Aug 12 2011, 11:18 pm Fire_Kame Post #26

wth is starcraft

Quote from Excalibur
I live in NJ where it is unlawful to pump your own gas, an employee must do it for you and collect payment. I am said employee.

It isn't a bad gig but imagine being a pizza delivery guy and almost never getting tipped. I know that loses something in translation to people in other countries but USA peoples will know what I mean.

I was offered six dollars, unsolicited, in tips today and I wasn't allowed to take any of them. >.< I guess if the cash audit guy sees it we'll fail the audit, and if one of my bosses sees it, I'll get fired. And every time someone was walking by. I usually am not offered any for that reason...

Aug 12 2011, 11:19 pm ClansAreForGays Post #27

I'm a bank teller. $12/hr. Part time and I still get 2 wks paid vacation, 40 hrs of paid sick time a year. Free health care ($300 a month level of quality), and by free I mean I get $10 added to my paycheck for just enrolling in it. I have no idea how that works. I get paid gas and drive time when I help another branch, $5 for every new account I refer to a personal banker (desk people). I get to wear a suit, and actually feel confident when I see a hot customer talk to me while I'm working.

If I get serious with them and go full time (and I can at any time) they pay for all my school, and I will be promoted to personal banker at the next available opening. PB's start $16/hr, but then I'll have goals and have to break a sweat, though if I meet my goals I make about $3000 a month. Why haven't I? Because I don't do any real work where I'm at right now, I watch youtube and facebook all day for $12/hr.

I know I've said movie theater jobs are the best, but I've changed my mind being a bank teller for less than a year.

Aug 12 2011, 11:31 pm Excalibur Post #28

The sword and the faith

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from Excalibur

I was offered six dollars, unsolicited, in tips today and I wasn't allowed to take any of them. >.< I guess if the cash audit guy sees it we'll fail the audit, and if one of my bosses sees it, I'll get fired. And every time someone was walking by. I usually am not offered any for that reason...
That sucks but it depends on what you do. I consider what I do a very tip-able position like a delivery guy or waiter, where-as a cashier or something isn't.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Aug 12 2011, 11:36 pm Fire_Kame Post #29

wth is starcraft

Quote from Excalibur
Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from Excalibur

That sucks but it depends on what you do. I consider what I do a very tip-able position like a delivery guy or waiter, where-as a cashier or something isn't.

Its a coffee bar inside of a grocery store. So it makes sense to tip if I do a good job, but the store policy is no tips.

Aug 12 2011, 11:38 pm Excalibur Post #30

The sword and the faith

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from Excalibur
Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from Excalibur

Its a coffee bar inside of a grocery store. So it makes sense to tip if I do a good job, but the store policy is no tips.
I've been to a Whole Foods so I have a good understanding of what you do. You're like a Starbucks barista or whatever which I feel is indeed a tip-able position. I'm sorry that they don't allow it. :(

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Aug 13 2011, 3:38 am Fire_Kame Post #31

wth is starcraft

We get gain sharing though, so its kinda like tipping out. :awesome: and the pay is better here than it was at Starbucks.

Aug 13 2011, 3:44 am Oh_Man Post #32

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

^ Exaggeration.

Aug 13 2011, 3:56 am Lanthanide Post #33

You've got a McJob?

None.

Aug 13 2011, 3:57 am xAngelSpiritx Post #34

eternal lurker

I work (part-time) at a church. :|

None.

Aug 13 2011, 4:20 am NicholasBeige Post #35

Quote from Fire_Kame
We get gain sharing though, so its kinda like tipping out. :awesome: and the pay is better here than it was at Starbucks.
Is gain sharing like every employee gains a bonus based on how well the sales/shop has been doing?

Next time you get offered a tip, tell the customer that you're sorry you can't receive it. And if they ask why, tell them it's store policy and they should complain about it. In my opinion every profession involving some customer service is tip-able. The company you work for shouldn't have the right to say, "No matter how kind or nice you are to customers, they can't show their gratitude by giving you a dollar". Otherwise, being nice and kind to people has no incentive. And trust me.. I've had 4 jobs all relating heavily to customer services, and customers on the whole are dickheads. It's hard to smile all day and be friendly :flamer:

None.

Aug 13 2011, 4:28 am Fire_Kame Post #36

wth is starcraft

Quote from name:Cardinal
Quote from Fire_Kame
Is gain sharing like every employee gains a bonus based on how well the sales/shop has been doing?

Next time you get offered a tip, tell the customer that you're sorry you can't receive it. And if they ask why, tell them it's store policy and they should complain about it. In my opinion every profession involving some customer service is tip-able.

Pretty much. Let's say you're allowed to use 10% of what you make on labor. So if you sell $40,000, your shop has $4,000 in labor dollars to split into hours. If the shop actually makes $50,000, then you actually would have $5,000, meaning you have $1,000 surplus. That extra $1,000 is split among people who work in the shop. A lot of managers in other companies get gain sharing, At Whole Foods team members do. Its a bit more complicated than that - we have to maintain a pool that we pull out of if we spend over what labor allows (think we only make $30000, so we overspent $1000). I tell customers who really want to tip me to buy more from my department. The better sales numbers, the better gain sharing/hours we get. They're cutting the labor allowance for the next quarter, which sucks.

Aug 14 2011, 10:31 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #37

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Excalibur
Oregon is the only state out here that I've seen do that ... My dad gets all pissed off because of it and tries to pump his own (and gets yelled at frequently)... I'd love if they did that here. :( It'd create lots of jobs (for me) and be really convenient.

I'm trying to get a position in a kitchen at a pizza place. Apparently the people love me there, but I haven't heard from anyone ... maybe I should stop by on Tuesday.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Aug 14 2011, 11:03 pm ClansAreForGays Post #38

Always follow up

Aug 15 2011, 12:06 am Tempz Post #39

Cafg's your job sounds epic...

None.

Aug 16 2011, 4:56 am MillenniumArmy Post #40

Well this summer I was on a Missions Trip doing engineering design work on a three story primary school for a church in Guatemala. Our work consisted mostly of drafting, calculating seismic load factors into our structural design (this area is in an Earthquake zone), researching locally available construction material to use in our designs, detailing electrical and plumbing systems through the entire site, and consultation with the church members on what they want. Hardest part was deciphering the Spanish and/or getting it translated into a language none of us at the office knew.

This fall I will be a Graduate Student getting my Masters of Science in (probably) Structural engineering. Next semester I may try to become a Graduate Research or Teaching Assistant (depends if I intend on sticking with this particular degree or love it enough).

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum