Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: A s t r o g e a r s Mk I
A s t r o g e a r s Mk I
Dec 4 2007, 12:19 am
By: The Starport
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

Jun 17 2009, 7:53 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #61

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from scwizard
Hmm. Perhaps I should give it a shot then. The problem I had with it initially was lag more than anything else, but supposedly that's fixed.
I'll play with you, since I've never actually played it with someone. ;o I hosted once by myself just to see what it was like.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jun 18 2009, 2:40 am LoveLess Post #62

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Unholy, you are more geared towards the, no offense, lesser-minded community. in SC. People can pick up TS, after playing each character twice or so, get the general idea of everything and can usually beat every other player. Then when someone new joins the game, doesn't know what to expect from hero right off the bat, is called a noob. Even after playing a few times, people can still be surprised a few times. It's not hard to pick up, no, but it is rather easy to master and expect whats coming.

Now AstroGears, was aimed at strategy and to fit around several different playing styles. No one method in AG can defeat every other method. True, it takes two games to get the basic know-how of the game, but that's fine. When was the last time you picked up a game, knew everything about it and never failed once? If you start spewing crap off, the game either sucked, you played it before or was based off another game way too much.

And on the note of my own version of AG, I am aiming more for fluid of game play, simplifying options and expanding more possibilities for different strategies.

...And Teresa is happy. ...Don't Ask.

None.

Jun 18 2009, 7:06 am Wormer Post #63

Yay!!!!! I want to publicly make a declaration of love to Astrogears! :inlove: <3 <3 <3 So sensitive! :wub:

Hey, guiz, let's be more friendly! First of all the day when tux left, I believe this map became heritage of the community. I also believe that as a good parents we should take care of it. So I have an idea about this. As people start to make modifications to this map (like me trying to improve the asteroids subsystem or Loveless completely redoing the map) I suggest to post it as an open source project at Sourceforge to organize efforts. Making it an open source project (in fact it could be considered open source now, because Tux never protected his masterpiece) will allow anyone from the community to make changes which will come up with changes of the other people. There are several important things Sourceforge offers: a version control system, forums for discussing, the mechanism of bug reporting and more (by the way the first two Tux mentioned as a must for group projects).

Also, I'm always ready to play this. Just ask me, and you'll see that I couldn't stand the offer :)

Some.

Jun 18 2009, 9:24 am The Starport Post #64

Wow. I'm really touched you guys still care about my old shit.

If you want, here's the full project source for the latest version of Mk II (all 15.5 megs of it). As I recall, it had a few fixable bugs still lurking around, but it also had that crippling lag. I'd have actually finished it but for the latter. If anyone is up for diagnosing what was causing that, I'd consider finishing it off for old time's sake. Otherwise, you're free to cannibalize any of the project materials to your heart's content. Consider it now under the WTFPL License. :P

Sorry about the drama guys, but that map pretty much fucking destroyed my sanity. :stfu:

None.

Jun 18 2009, 9:45 am Wormer Post #65

Tux.. YAY!!!111 TUX!!!!1 :wub: Maaaaan! =)

Do you know, you have a wired bug (I've discovered about a month or two ago) in Mk I v3 when you irradiate GM, it goes into the Gear and becomes invincible (but still irradiated!) and then it goes into the shuttle and irradiate kills button-units ^^

Have you got the source of Mk I v3? Could you release that as well please! :)

You even can't know how I am fucking glad to see you!! :) :D I am gonna to post it as a Google Code project right now.

ALSO! Have you saved our old conversations about Astrogears from warbox? If yes, could you link em too, please! And the description of the game from your emberquest page could have helped much too! Not that I can't make it myself, but it would have helped......

Some.

Jun 18 2009, 9:51 am The Starport Post #66

Don't have it. It was all in the project's SVN repository which exists only on my old computer. I could try to get that (which'd take me a while), but it'll be up to you to figure out how to get the data from it. :P

I think I may still have the old database for the forums, but it's in one of my old backups somewhere so I'll have to see if I could get it. Don't know about giving it away, though, since it supposedly has user passwords and whatnot still in it.

None.

Jun 18 2009, 9:55 am The Starport Post #67

Aha! Actually, it appears all the project stuff for Mk 1.3 is in the old webpage folder after all! You're in luck. :P

Knock yourself out.

None.

Jun 18 2009, 9:55 am Wormer Post #68

WOW! The whole SVN database with Astrogears would be awesome! In case there is no other data you don't wanna give of course... I use Tortoise SVN and guess it wont be problem retrieving that info, if it is not passowrd protected or whatever!

EDIT:
Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
Aha! Actually, it appears all the project stuff for Mk 1.3 is in the old webpage folder after all! You're in luck. :P

Knock yourself out.
:wub:

Some.

Jun 18 2009, 10:01 am Wormer Post #69

Don't have it. It was all in the project's SVN repository which exists only on my old computer. I could try to get that (which'd take me a while), but it'll be up to you to figure out how to get the data from it. :P
Well, retrieve that db when you'll have time to do so!.. So glad to hear you =)

Come to see us sometimes!.. :-(

Some.

Jun 18 2009, 10:01 am The Starport Post #70

I wouldn't mind giving the SVN away, I just have to get a hold of it first. My old computer is not close by, so it could take weeks or even months before I get the chance.

None.

Jun 18 2009, 3:25 pm Wormer Post #71

As I've promised I put this as a project to the Google Code: Astrogears Project Page. I had to choose an open license there. I've chosen GPL v3, if that matters for an SC map anyways... I've put there a little description and two .rar files Tux linked above. Also I've made a starting setup in the repository. As far as we have two quite distinguishing maps (Mk I and Mk II) I've separated those in repository as subprojects. If anyone wishes to make his own version of AG, I suggest making a new directory of the top level with prefix AG. Each subproject directory must contain three subfolders: branches, tags, trunk. One better read something about basics of a version control systems to understand their purpose.

Anyone who wishes to participate making changes to the project, PM me your gmail account and I'll make you the developer.

Some.

Jun 18 2009, 7:51 pm Falkoner Post #72

Well, I just found a fun glitch today, if you irridate a Gear Master, and then it runs back inside the gear and gets in the shuttle, the irridate kills most of the other units in the shuttle :P

None.

Jun 18 2009, 8:09 pm Wormer Post #73

Quote from Falkoner
Well, I just found a fun glitch today, if you irridate a Gear Master, and then it runs back inside the gear and gets in the shuttle, the irridate kills most of the other units in the shuttle :P
Quote from Wormer
Do you know, you have a wired bug (I've discovered about a month or two ago) in Mk I v3 when you irradiate GM, it goes into the Gear and becomes invincible (but still irradiated!) and then it goes into the shuttle and irradiate kills button-units ^^
lol Haven't we discovered that with you? I just forgot who was that second person! :omfg:

Some.

Jun 18 2009, 8:35 pm UnholyUrine Post #74

@Loveless ... "Lesser-minded" maybe.. but definitely more popular. It may seem to you to be very easy to master, but there are many tricks and turns inside the game...
I agree tho it is poor at anything other than PvP heroes but it's hard to perfect the spawn system, which I'm trying to right now with the Spawn Leader system.

Anyway, my point being is that it shouldn't be so hard to pick up. It isn't a style, it is a flaw.

@Tuxlar ... Of course we care <3... If I didn't I wouldn't write this much about it <.<
Finish the MkII.. Make it less difficult to pick up but cooler and stuff like that.
and <3 Galactic Gunners I said what what in the butt. I said what what in the butt.I said what what in the butt. Do you wanna do it in my butt.. In my butt?

None.

Jun 18 2009, 10:18 pm The Starport Post #75

Thanks. But I'm probably not going to finish it with that abominable lag problem. :(

If I am going to work on any more maps, I'd rather do something new that won't suck for a change. But until I manage that, I may as well stay in stfu mode. I've subjected you to enough of my insanity already. :P

None.

Jun 18 2009, 11:08 pm Vrael Post #76

It's really not that hard to pick up anyway... it just requires more than 0.5% brain functionality. Now I see your point, that's a problem for most of battle.net...
Joking aside, it's pretty descriptive in unit names, comes with a tutorial, and if you play it for more than 10 minutes you can figure most stuff out.

None.

Jun 19 2009, 12:49 am LoveLess Post #77

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Thanks. But I'm probably not going to finish it with that abominable lag problem. :(

If I am going to work on any more maps, I'd rather do something new that won't suck for a change. But until I manage that, I may as well stay in stfu mode. I've subjected you to enough of my insanity already. :P
Don't worry, LoveL is on the case.

None.

Jul 25 2009, 8:09 pm Wormer Post #78

I wouldn't mind giving the SVN away, I just have to get a hold of it first. My old computer is not close by, so it could take weeks or even months before I get the chance.
What about Warbox forums? Have you had a chance to retrieve them? The most I'd like to read are topics concerned to Astrogears development and MacroTriggers... I'm still interested. :rolleyes:

Some.

Jul 27 2009, 6:19 am Tempz Post #79

oooh big fan of your work tuxedo... is there a site with your past works (link?) that's not broken

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum