Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: A s t r o g e a r s Mk I
A s t r o g e a r s Mk I
Dec 4 2007, 12:19 am
By: The Starport
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Dec 5 2007, 4:59 am The Starport Post #21

You should PM those bugs to me from now on. Some of them might be exploitable.

In any case, I'll have the fix for that soon. Thanks for reporting it.

None.

Dec 5 2007, 3:24 pm Wing-of-no-Wing Post #22

I tried that...unfortunately, it wouldn't let me attach the file to a PM, so I was stuck with posting it.

None.

Dec 6 2007, 7:10 pm Moose Post #23

We live in a society.

* A meteor owned my spawner and I was stuck at 6000 energy forever. Also, my energy regen rate stood the same regardless of what "core" I bought.

* I thought you died when you had no energy?

There are other balance issues I can work out with you on MSN, but those are major bugs that you need to fix.

Dec 6 2007, 9:27 pm Oyen Post #24

Your gear doesn't die when you have no energy, it just doesn't allow you to use any of the gear's abilities and the energy stops recharging until your gear lands.

None.

Dec 6 2007, 11:33 pm Moose Post #25

We live in a society.

Ya, Tux yelled at me two hours earlier.

Dec 8 2007, 4:02 pm The Starport Post #26

Astrogears v2 is out!

None.

Dec 9 2007, 6:38 pm payne Post #27

:payne:

Just like that :
I played a 3 hours game at 1 vs 1 and it was really cool!
But I just wanna notice something :
When you have equipped the 1st upped core (Nuclear I think), you have 3 minutes to get your gear master in its cockpit, and if you don't, your gear explode...
Well, the countdown is kinda screwed after 6 seconds left...
It changes from RED color to GREY... wich seems less urgent/important.
Thanks to fix that :D
Btw, there's no way to mine once your gear is dead or to revive it?

None.

Dec 11 2007, 12:16 am payne Post #28

Something you should fix :
When your Gear Master is in a Shop (Protoss Gateway) and that this shop is destroyed, the Gear Master still alive :S
You could firstly detect if there is other allyed shop on the map to permit to the GM to survive by teleporting or if there's none, you can :
- Kill the GM because it's logical that it died in the fires of the shop
OR
- Kick the GM out of the shop (vulnerable to the ennemies that destroyed it)

None.

Dec 12 2007, 5:56 am The Great Yam Post #29

This map is really cool, except that, well... Command Centers don't really look much like mechs. ENGINEERING BAYS, DUDE.

None.

Dec 14 2007, 11:04 pm The Starport Post #30

http://astrogears.emberquest.com/news.htm#Mk%20I%20v3%20Released!

v3 is out!

None.

Dec 15 2007, 7:06 am Impeached Post #31

Quote from The Great Yam
This map is really cool, except that, well... Command Centers don't really look much like mechs. ENGINEERING BAYS, DUDE.
New map = new universe = new design for Mechs, that design being whatever unit Tux wants to use.

None.

Dec 15 2007, 4:15 pm Moose Post #32

We live in a society.

I played a very long game last night, here are my reccomendations. (I e-mailed you the replay of this game)

I played a very long game last night, here are my reccomendations. (I e-mailed you the replay of this game)

-No wonder Bomber suicide runs were even more unfair! The bomber costs $24! Put it at $64 with the Engineering Bots.

-Vector Singularity Core is ungodly. But there is a problem. I had all my bits out and shields up, not using energy. I turn on the spawner and it started draining at an insane rate. (as in, at least 100/sec.) When I had no bits out and no shields, it drained at a rather normal rate. Something was going on there.

-Can you have the spawner and buildings near it become invincible during commandeering? I'd like to keep my bits out. Also, I don't know if commandeering a spawner should give me any Gateways near it, but in case it should, it doesn't.

-Sometimes the shop is funky. For example, I had to select the Vector Singularity Core over TEN TIMES to buy it. Other items aren't so bad, but still require multiple selections.

-Some of the lurkers need to be moved to be more accessible. Just a few pixels so I stop clicking the invincy display unit.

-Fucking "SPEAK of the devil" at the beginning, not "SPEAKING of the devil". I told you about this ten times and I still want to punch you.

-This is a suggestion I had previously, that I don't know if you implemented: MOAR players = MOAR meteors.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 15 2007, 4:23 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Dec 15 2007, 9:09 pm Riney Post #33

Thigh high affectionado

Hows about we do a 1v1 moose ;D

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Dec 15 2007, 10:26 pm Moose Post #34

We live in a society.

1v1 Astrogears is silly.

Dec 16 2007, 8:44 am Riney Post #35

Thigh high affectionado

Then 2v2, Find your team nao >:DD

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Dec 17 2007, 5:17 pm TartarusMkII Post #36

I hate to be a dick but i felt like throwing in my 2 cents:

the description of the map you gave can be used to describe abut 80% of all maps that people make. GJ

None.

Dec 18 2007, 4:52 am The Starport Post #37

Ok, I'll update it then. I haven't much liked it either, really.

None.

Dec 23 2007, 6:36 pm Chef Post #38

Welcome to Astrogears. This is a novel new concept map for Starcraft featuring one of the most dynamic multiplayer tactical and strategy experiences ever seen! This map pushes practically all of the game's physical limits and introduces many powerful new concepts going well beyond the game itself. You've never seen anything like this before!
Yeah! Fuck modesty!

Actually looks kinda cool, but I don't like that it probably has a steep learning curve, and more or less a single best strategy. How much misinformation is there in this game? Or is it largely a game of complete information (unless your opponent is being a moron?) And if it's concepts are so novel, you should list the new and exciting features of the game, cause what you've said pretty much sounds like a clash of GangWars and DoTA (on WarCraft:RoC).

Your best chance of winning in Astrogears rests in having a good strategy before you begin. Your basic strategy should address the following priorities:

1. Construct base defenses

If constructing base defences is the same every game, you should start with base defences and remove this pointless build-up phase (since you seem to be saying that rushing is pretty much suicide).

None.

Dec 23 2007, 8:10 pm payne Post #39

Why people are so crual?!
WE DON'T FUCKING CARE THAT THE DESCRIPTION IS NOT PERFECT AS LONG AS IT BRINGS PEOPLE TO DOWNLOAD THE MAP AND FINALLY UNDERSTAND THAT THEY REALLY LIKES THAT MAP!

None.

Dec 27 2007, 8:25 pm The Starport Post #40

Quote from Chef
Welcome to Astrogears. This is a novel new concept map for Starcraft featuring one of the most dynamic multiplayer tactical and strategy experiences ever seen! This map pushes practically all of the game's physical limits and introduces many powerful new concepts going well beyond the game itself. You've never seen anything like this before!
Yeah! Fuck modesty!

Actually looks kinda cool, but I don't like that it probably has a steep learning curve, and more or less a single best strategy. How much misinformation is there in this game? Or is it largely a game of complete information (unless your opponent is being a moron?) And if it's concepts are so novel, you should list the new and exciting features of the game, cause what you've said pretty much sounds like a clash of GangWars and DoTA (on WarCraft:RoC).

Your best chance of winning in Astrogears rests in having a good strategy before you begin. Your basic strategy should address the following priorities:

1. Construct base defenses

If constructing base defences is the same every game, you should start with base defences and remove this pointless build-up phase (since you seem to be saying that rushing is pretty much suicide).
I mentioned building defenses is a good idea to see if it helped get folk into the mind set to be doing that (along with using the map's other non-Gear options). I find most people just go straight to the gears or spawner upgrades, and neglect any real meaningful strategies otherwise.

The map is fairly complex, but it's not anything that can't be learned. If you can learn SC, you can probably learn this. I did all I could for Mk I I think to explain how it works ingame.

Mk II will have a ton of significant improvements when it comes out, though, so we'll see if things are different now.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum