Teh black flag?
Apr 13 2011, 9:29 pm
By: iCCup.xboi209  

Apr 15 2011, 12:50 am Roy Post #21

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from name:xboi209
So for example a maphack has 3 states of off, lite, and full which would be 0, 1, and 2 for the values?
Possibly. It's entirely up to how the hack is designed.

Here's the basic methodology I would apply to finding an address that is changed by a loaded hack:

1. Load StarCraft
2. Create a game by yourself (i.e. do not let other players join) and start the game.
3. Use your memory scanner to start a search for an unknown value (this should return several results).
4. Play around in-game for a while, doing several things such as chatting, moving units, etc.
5. On your search, search for all addresses with unchanged values.
6. Repeat steps 4-5 several times, until the number of addresses does not shrink.
7. Exit the game.
8. Repeat steps 2-7 a few times with different maps.
9. Inject the hack you wish to counter.
10. Create a game by yourself (i.e. do not let other players join) and start the game.
11. Go to your memory scanner and search for all addresses with changed values.

The list you are left with from step 11 are most likely addresses that are only changed when hacks have been loaded. If any of them are usable, you can write the EUD condition to drop players that have the modified (hacked) value of the address.

If none of them are usable (or if the list is empty), you must resort to detecting when the hack is being used in-game. You can do that by following these steps:

1. Load StarCraft and inject the hack you wish to counter.
2. Create a game by yourself (i.e. do not let other players join) and start the game.
3. Use your memory scanner to start a search for an unknown value (this should return several results).
4. Play around in-game for a while, doing several things such as chatting, moving units, etc.
5. On your search, search for all addresses with unchanged values.
6. Repeat steps 4-5 several times, until the number of addresses does not shrink.
7. Exit the game.
8. Repeat steps 2-7 a few times with different maps.
9. Toggle one of the hacks features (i.e. maphack state) once.
10. On your memory scanner, search for all addresses with a changed value.
11. Repeat steps 9-10 several times (do NOT change which hack feature you are toggling; if you chose to toggle maphack states, keep toggling maphack states).

The list you are left with from step 11 are most likely addresses that are only changed when the hack has been toggled. If any of them are usable, you can write the EUD condition to drop players that have the modified (hacked) value of the address.

If none of them are usable (or if the list is empty), try those steps again, except on step 9, choose a different feature.

If you did all of this correctly and were still unsuccessful, then the hack you chose to try to counter is too sophisticated to be caught by using EUDs.

Options
  Back to forum