Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Are you Alpha?
Are you Alpha?
Dec 20 2010, 9:12 pm
By: Fire_Kame
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Polls
Choose one:
Choose one:
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Alpha 3

14%
beta 4

19%
Other 15

69%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 22 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Dec 21 2010, 2:39 am Fisty Post #21

Quote from Centreri
Everyone says they can. :bleh: If you almost always do it, you're an Alpha. If you rarely do it, you're a beta.
I'm a beta, then.

None.

Dec 21 2010, 2:51 am Centreri Post #22

Relatively ancient and inactive

Actually, I think most of us who put other are actually beta. Possibly including me. There's no way such a strict categorization has 8/13 on the outside, haha.

None.

Dec 21 2010, 3:00 am poison_us Post #23

Back* from the grave

Quote from poison_us
This is why I am "other", kthxbai.

Dec 21 2010, 3:34 am BiOAtK Post #24

Quote from Fisty
Quote from BiOAtK
Extremely social/alpha. But not a douchebag. Just popular.

:awesome: I'm probably the only popular person on a SC forum.
With the way you act around here, I severely fucking doubt that.

I'd call myself other; if I really want to take charge, I can. My severe issues with motivation to do dick all in life let me take a back seat role most of the time, though.
Welcome to the Internet. It's not real life, and people can act however they want.
:awesome:

Started on my (American) football team (that went undefeated :D), sex with multiple girls, friends with pretty much everyone.

None.

Dec 21 2010, 3:41 am Aristocrat Post #25

Quote from BiOAtK
Started on my (American) football team (that went undefeated :D), sex with multiple girls, friends with pretty much everyone.
http://www.staredit.net/topic/12795/

Does not compute.

None.

Dec 21 2010, 3:53 am Sand Wraith Post #26

she/her

Apparently, it's fairly common for depressed people to be happy and such superficially, even when surrounded by friends, being successful academically (or in life in general), and so on. I can relate.

Dec 21 2010, 3:57 am DavidJCobb Post #27

Quote from Sand Wraith
Apparently, it's fairly common for depressed people to be happy and such superficially, even when surrounded by friends, being successful academically (or in life in general), and so on. I can relate.
Yeah. I can experience momentary bits of joy from winning epicly in a multiplayer match with friends, or playing something new and fun in SC, or helping someone I care about. But that joy isn't nearly as intense as it would be without the depression, and it fades a lot faster.

There's "petty happiness", the momentary positivity you get from everyday events, and then there's happiness/contentedness as an emotional state. Depression sharply weakens the former and destroys the latter.

None.

Dec 21 2010, 4:16 am BiOAtK Post #28

Quote from DavidJCobb
Quote from Sand Wraith
Yeah. I can experience momentary bits of joy from winning epicly in a multiplayer match with friends, or playing something new and fun in SC, or helping someone I care about. But that joy isn't nearly as intense as it would be without the depression, and it fades a lot faster.

There's "petty happiness", the momentary positivity you get from everyday events, and then there's happiness/contentedness as an emotional state. Depression sharply weakens the former and destroys the latter.
I never said I was happy, merely Alpha and popular.

None.

Dec 21 2010, 4:21 am DevliN Post #29

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from BiOAtK

Does not compute.
I was just thinking that, as well.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Dec 21 2010, 4:22 am ClansAreForGays Post #30

Alpha as fuck.

Dec 21 2010, 4:22 am Fire_Kame Post #31

wth is starcraft

Quote from DevliN
Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from BiOAtK

Does not compute.
I was just thinking that, as well.
I was just thinking, that as well.

Dec 21 2010, 4:38 am RIVE Post #32

Just Here For The Pie

Collapse Box

I marked myself down as an Alpha for various reasons.

None.

Dec 21 2010, 4:44 am DavidJCobb Post #33

Quote from RIVE
Collapse Box
I'm fucked. Not like I never knew that already.

None.

Dec 21 2010, 5:22 am The Starport Post #34

So answer me this: Chicken or the egg? Does thinking you're an alpha make you one? Or do you need to be an alpha before you can start thinking you're one?

Or beta or omega, for that matter.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 21 2010, 5:28 am by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Dec 21 2010, 12:35 pm Centreri Post #35

Lol, RIVE. That's such a beta-bashing paragraph. Very few alphas will bring home 7-figure sums.

In fact, I'd argue that it's beta males that bring them in. I can't see Bill Gates or Sergei Brin throwing a woman out.

.. Actually, I've lost all faith in this categorization system. Alpha seems to imply overall aggressiveness, but being aggressive in one sphere - women - seems to preclude monetary success. Namely, I can't imagine a random guy who has a lot of sex being able - stereotypically - to bring in the dough. Cent conclusion: Your categorization system is broken.

And Moore's just stupid.

None.

Dec 21 2010, 1:00 pm Fire_Kame Post #36

wth is starcraft

Quote from Centreri
.. Actually, I've lost all faith in this categorization system. Alpha seems to imply overall aggressiveness, but being aggressive in one sphere - women - seems to preclude monetary success. Namely, I can't imagine a random guy who has a lot of sex being able - stereotypically - to bring in the dough. Cent conclusion: Your categorization system is broken.

That seems rather correlated not cause related.

Dec 21 2010, 1:31 pm Centreri Post #37

It's a simple inconsistency, and I think one too large to overlook. Don't go all fancy-shmancy on me, Kame. I never went to a fancy-pants talking teaching place. :massimo:

None.

Dec 21 2010, 3:54 pm rockz Post #38

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

delta here

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Dec 21 2010, 6:15 pm payne Post #39

:payne:

Quote from rockz
delta here
lol, that's very low in the hierarchy to me.

None.

Dec 21 2010, 6:24 pm Sand Wraith Post #40

she/her

I'm actually gamma, BTW.

As in gamma rays!

LIKE YOUR FRY YOUR BRAAAAAINZ

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum