Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: What the heck are you listening to?
What the heck are you listening to?
Aug 31 2007, 3:48 pm
By: Zycorax
Pages: < 1 « 124 125 126 127 128317 >

Jun 22 2009, 4:13 am Excalibur Post #2501

The sword and the faith

Quote from Hug A Zergling
Quote from Excalibur
Boys Night Out - Purging

Trainwreck is one of my favorite concept albums.

Lyrics

Are posting the lyrics REALLY necessary?
If we wanted to see the lyrics, we could google it.
I was nice enough to put it in a collapsible box, so shush.

Brand New - Trees (Live, full band version.)

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jun 24 2009, 5:38 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #2502

👻 👾 👽 💪

Iron Maiden - Alexander the Great

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jun 24 2009, 6:21 am Syphon Post #2503

The Apples in Stereo - Energy

None.

Jun 24 2009, 11:11 pm Excalibur Post #2504

The sword and the faith

Gym Class Heroes Ft Patrick Stump - Cupid's Chokehold

Babaduda, babaduda

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 25 2009, 2:36 am Norm Post #2505

Man, why is it that all the SEN people have shit for tastes in music (Except Farty and BAGELS it seems)?

On Topic: Slayer - Angel of Death

None.

Jun 25 2009, 4:17 am Brontobyte Post #2506

Gary Jules - Mad World

None.

Jun 25 2009, 6:45 am Syphon Post #2507

Quote from Norm
Man, why is it that all the SEN people have shit for tastes in music (Except Farty and BAGELS it seems)?

Says the guy listening to Slayer.

I couldn't possible enjoy them non-ironically, although I think Kerry Fucking King is a badass among badasses.

On-Topic: Oasis - Mucky FIngers

None.

Jun 25 2009, 7:01 am Excalibur Post #2508

The sword and the faith

Quote from Syphon
Quote from Norm

Seconded.

Bright Eyes - Landlocked Blues

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 25 2009, 2:53 pm Norm Post #2509

Quote from Excalibur
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Norm

Seconded.

That's a shame that you don't know how to appreciate the good stuff.

The Faceless - Coldy Calculated Design

None.

Jun 25 2009, 4:46 pm Syphon Post #2510

Quote from Norm
Quote from Excalibur
Quote from Syphon
Quote from Norm

Seconded.

That's a shame that you don't know how to appreciate the good stuff.

The Faceless - Coldy Calculated Design

Slayer is literally just noise. Their lyrics are undecipherable, and their music sounds like animals being murdered. It is far from the good stuff.

Shiny Toy Guns - Major Tom (Coming Home)

None.

Jun 25 2009, 6:15 pm Norm Post #2511

You have never even heard Slayer if you can seriously believe what you just said.

Tool - The Pot

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 27 2009, 5:50 pm by Dapperdan. Reason: minor flame, 'you are an idiot'

None.

Jun 25 2009, 6:36 pm JaFF Post #2512

Rage - Set this World on Fire

Rage - Unity (live 2004). The more I listen to this instrumental the more I think that it's the best metal instrumental since Cacophony's masterpieces. Smolsky is a genius.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 25 2009, 6:42 pm by JaFF.

None.

Jun 25 2009, 7:08 pm Norm Post #2513

Quote from JaFF
Rage - Set this World on Fire

Rage - Unity (live 2004). The more I listen to this instrumental the more I think that it's the best metal instrumental since Cacophony's masterpieces. Smolsky is a genius.

I approve of Unity, but there are definitely of as good or better instrumental metal songs out there.

NP: Arghoslent - Oracle of the Malefic Rhizome

None.

Jun 25 2009, 7:09 pm Excalibur Post #2514

The sword and the faith

Hot Hot Heat - Aveda

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 26 2009, 5:41 am Syphon Post #2515

Quote from Norm
You are an idiot, or someone who has never even heard Slayer if you can seriously believe what you just said.

Tool - The Pot

I defy you to show me a slayer song that doesn't have 10 seconds of non-musical noise.

Flaming Lips - The W.A.N.D.

None.

Jun 27 2009, 4:27 pm BAGLES Post #2516

Quote from Syphon
I defy you to show me a slayer song that doesn't have 10 seconds of non-musical noise.

Flaming Lips - The W.A.N.D.

I don't particularly like Slayer, or Trash metal in general, but once the actual riff in Reign in Blood kicks in, it doesn't sound like non-musical noise. If you want to see actual non-musical noise, I'd suggest you check out the EP's of some Black Metal Bands (Most notably; Anything from Gorgoroth). All the riffs and music in metal is pretty understandable, you don't even have to know what to listen to. It suprises me that people who claim to know so much about music, and claim to have such great musical tastes, can ignore the level of talent and skill that's required to play metal insturmentally. If you don't think it requires skill, creativity, or talent, I'd suggest you check out the follow; Children of Bodom (Yeah, their old stuff, don't bother on anything after Follow the Reaper), Dying Fetus, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Meshuggah, Opeth, Origin, and Unexpect. And that's only a few.

Black Sun Empire - Arrakis
Skream - Filth

None.

Jun 27 2009, 5:49 pm Norm Post #2517

NP: Carcass - Pedigree Butchery

BAGLES is correct.

It's annoying when people who are musically uneducated and fed pop garbage their whole life claim to have great taste in music, yet have the nerve to call (Most) metal 'non-musical noise.

@Syphon, don't be so damn close-minded. Go out and buy Slayer's Reign in Blood and listen to it from front to back. If you don't feel it yet, listen to it front to back again. And again. And again. You'll understand eventually. The finest music is acquired taste, not pop culture bullshit. I'm sure BAGLES or any other metal head will agree with me when I say that even if Slayer isn't your favorite band, even if you're not into extreme metal, if you can appreciate music, you will want to headbang, you can hear the goodness in a song.

NP: Obscura - Choir of Spirits

@BAGLES: Nice list man. I was listening to Opeth's first album "Orchid" last night on a long car ride, and that shit is beautiful music.

NP: Death - Suicide Machine

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 27 2009, 6:01 pm by Excalibur. Reason: Removed flames.

None.

Jun 27 2009, 5:51 pm Dapperdan Post #2518

The Doors - Peace Frog

Awesome song in every way.

None.

Jun 27 2009, 6:07 pm Excalibur Post #2519

The sword and the faith

Quote from Norm
It's annoying when people who are musically uneducated and fed pop garbage their whole life claim to have great taste in music, yet have the nerve to call (Most) metal 'non-musical noise.
I agree with the former part of this statement. I have what I feel to be a varied taste in music, but I still cannot stand to listen to most forms of metal. I admit I have never seriously tried to get into metal, nor have I asked for recommendations--And before you do, I'm still not asking now.

The fact of the matter is I cannot appreciate a song where I have to decipher lyrics because the vocalist doesn't feel like singing them--Singing for songs, screaming for noise--instead screaming them like someone stabbed him in the foot and he is very upset about it. The rest of the band proceeds to make extremely fast intricate moves on their respective instruments until everything gets jumbled together in a mess of noise that I cannot find a rhythm or beat in.

Quote from Norm
@Syphon, don't be so damn close-minded. Go out and buy
I lol'd.

Quote from Norm
If you don't feel it yet, listen to it front to back again. And again. And again. You'll understand eventually. The finest music is acquired taste, not pop culture bullshit
I agree some albums do not expose their true potential till after a few listens, but I again, have yet to find a metal album that does anything remotely like that.

Quote from Norm
I'm sure BAGLES or any other metal head will agree with me
Of course they will, they're metal fans. That's like a Christian saying 'I'm sure Christians will agree with me when I say god is real'. You're not establishing anything that isn't totally obvious here.

Quote from Norm
even if Slayer isn't your favorite band, even if you're not into extreme metal, if you can appreciate music, you will want to headbang, you can hear the goodness in a song.
No actually, I can not. I can appreciate a lot of music, even if I don't particularly care for it, but metal, Slayer in particular, is not among said music.

And with that
Anthony Green - Plays Ugly For Daddy

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 27 2009, 6:38 pm by Excalibur.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 27 2009, 6:32 pm HolySin Post #2520

Eh, the Reign in Blood album was okay, kind of bored me to be honest.

Flight of the Bumble Bee - Cziffra Transcription - Yuja Wang

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 124 125 126 127 128317 >
  Back to forum