Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Offical 5.1 helping thread
Offical 5.1 helping thread
Jul 21 2010, 11:15 am
By: Devourer
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 1419 >

Jul 24 2010, 10:25 pm RIVE Post #221

Just Here For The Pie

Quote from MadZombie
DOES I HAVE PERMISSION? Or do you got it?I really want those. Also Data disc should be for moderators or something. If mods are a separate rank.
I am kind of busy all of a sudden now. Normally, I would have it done myself, but, yeah, go to town.

None.

Jul 24 2010, 10:44 pm MadZombie Post #222

Acceptance ?

edit: hold on, fixing purple.
edit2: not fixing purple. Devourer crushed mah dreams.

None.

Jul 24 2010, 10:45 pm Devourer Post #223

Hello

Still, they are pointless and minerals got a completly different meaning, sorry ;(

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jul 24 2010, 10:54 pm poison_us Post #224

Back* from the grave

Quote from MadZombie

Acceptance ?

edit: hold on, fixing purple.
edit2: not fixing purple. Devourer crushed mah dreams.
You can redo it for me :3

Jul 25 2010, 12:52 am Centreri Post #225

Relatively ancient and inactive

Give me skin change under extras under shoutbox or give me death.

None.

Jul 25 2010, 2:19 am Adeon Post #226

I made some rank icons based on torus knot.
I'm not sure if anyone will like it :P

Preview:

None.

Jul 25 2010, 2:25 am A_of-s_t Post #227

aka idmontie

Quote from Adeon
I made some rank icons based on torus knot.
I'm not sure if anyone will like it :P
No thanks.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Jul 25 2010, 2:49 am Adeon Post #228

What do you mean by "no, thanks"? I am not offering anything, just making an attempt... or, say, trying to help. >_>

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Edit: And while you're at it, make a version that is about twice the size of the online/offline icon with the rank symbol on the left and the name of the rank on the right.
Something like this?

None.

Jul 25 2010, 3:13 am A_of-s_t Post #229

aka idmontie

I mean, I prefer the current military style rankings.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Jul 25 2010, 3:16 am Adeon Post #230

Quote from A_of-s_t
I mean, I prefer the current military style rankings.
There are actually 3 active styles. You can switch between them in the settings.

None.

Jul 25 2010, 3:20 am MadZombie Post #231

wat. I think Adeons set is Boss. I'd use it.

Actually if they were a choice I would switch to them asap.

None.

Jul 25 2010, 3:25 am DT_Battlekruser Post #232

Quote from Adeon
What do you mean by "no, thanks"? I am not offering anything, just making an attempt... or, say, trying to help. >_>

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Edit: And while you're at it, make a version that is about twice the size of the online/offline icon with the rank symbol on the left and the name of the rank on the right.
Something like this?

Yes, like that.

I attached a complete set of big icons based on the military ranks. If anyone wants to (1) make them not suck or (2) make little-size icons for the Staff ones, please do.

Attachments:
admin.png
Hits: 6 Size: 4.9kb
elite.png
Hits: 4 Size: 4.8kb
global.png
Hits: 3 Size: 4.99kb
member.png
Hits: 4 Size: 4.76kb
moderator.png
Hits: 5 Size: 4.74kb
regular.png
Hits: 5 Size: 4.12kb
staff.png
Hits: 4 Size: 4.51kb
veteran.png
Hits: 4 Size: 4.64kb

None.

Jul 25 2010, 4:08 am Adeon Post #233

Then I think it's best to make the bigger version enhanced (with shadows, shading and stuff) and the smaller ones more cartoonish.

By the way, don't you think it's better to make them just the bigger icon, without the text in the image? The rank name could be html text, this way when making a new theme the person is free to change its color/font/formatation.

Tomorrow I'll update my last set. Not that I'm begging to add these, but who knows :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 25 2010, 4:14 am by adeon.

None.

Jul 25 2010, 4:42 am rockz Post #234

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I was disappointed in the edits of the banner images. It looks like someone just took a fuzzy circle eraser and erased some stuff, but didn't bother to finish erasing. There are other areas where a normal eraser was used at a less than 100% opacity, which creates layer. The right way to do it is through a gradient on the alpha channel.

Please consider using the images attached.

The total of the 9 images is 622 kB
If you use the topleft and topright images instead of the 6 images, the total is 415 kB. That's 30% less.
The current usage of 8 images is 650 kB

There is no need for the rank images other than what we already have next to our names. Even the "Rank:" is superfluous and could be dropped out.

Attachments:
crush.zip
Hits: 1 Size: 901.02kb

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jul 25 2010, 4:50 am Adeon Post #235

Quote from rockz
There is no need for the rank images other than what we already have next to our names. Even the "Rank:" is superfluous and could be dropped out.
But it looks cool ;<

None.

Jul 25 2010, 5:15 am Centreri Post #236

Relatively ancient and inactive

I'd go further than Rockz; Presenting the same information twice is messy. Remove the rank indicator under Offline/contact altogether. If you're not going to put in moderator icons, than you can work around that and make a new "This user moderates this forum" indicator somewhere in the post. Possibly taking the place of the current second Rank indicator.

None.

Jul 25 2010, 5:25 am Adeon Post #237

Then what about not displaying the icon next to the nickname on postings, but only below online/contact buttons on higher res instead?

None.

Jul 25 2010, 7:45 am NudeRaider Post #238

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Centreri
I'd go further than Rockz; Presenting the same information twice is messy. Remove the rank indicator under Offline/contact altogether. If you're not going to put in moderator icons, than you can work around that and make a new "This user moderates this forum" indicator somewhere in the post. Possibly taking the place of the current second Rank indicator.
That just gave me another idea:
We already have really good 3-rank icon sets. Adding a GMod would probably seem out of place for most of them. So why not replace the "Rank: Veteran" indicator under offline/contact with DTBKs images for staff positions?
Because I really like the look of those and that way we could have the best of 2 worlds.

Jul 25 2010, 9:01 am Devourer Post #239

Hello

Quote from rockz
It shouldn't due to the fact that you can hide these icons.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jul 25 2010, 9:26 am NudeRaider Post #240

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Devourer
It shouldn't due to the fact that you can hide these icons.
When someone doesn't want to see ranks why force them on him?

Options
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 1419 >
  Back to forum