Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: E3 '10 thread
E3 '10 thread
Jun 15 2010, 11:27 am
By: MadZombie
Pages: < 1 2 3

Jun 21 2010, 7:46 am Syphon Post #41

Quote from name:Pebbles
The only disappointment I have had with the most recent zelda games s the length. Most of the reason I like OOT was the fact that it took FOREVER to complete, mostly because you had to go through 12 dungeons in addition to the extra puzzles you had to do outside of the temples and such. TP had, IIRC, something like 5 or 6 dungeons, correct me if I'm wrong.

Ocarina of Time had the Deku Tree, Dodongo Cavern, Jabu Jabu, Fire, Water, Forest, Spirit, Shadow temples, Ice Cavern, and the Bottom of the Well. So 10.

Twilight Princess had Forest Temple, Goron Mines, Lakebed Temple, Arbiter's Grounds, Snowpeak Ruins, The Temple of Time, The City in the Sky, The Palace of Twilight. So 8. Each of them is longer than almost every Ocarina of Time dungeon - I'm pretty sure the only ones that would be big enough for TP are the Forest Temple and the Desert Colossus.

Twilight Princess is way longer.

None.

Jun 21 2010, 8:37 am EzTerix Post #42

Well if there any Silent Hill fans out there the next silent hill entry unofficially titled "Silent Hill 8" has released a teaser trailer. I really hope the next game can take the essence from the first three Silent Hill games and make something really interesting. With the departure of Akira Yamoaka though (who's music is just amazing) it feels like it's going to be a struggle to retain the silent hill feel. I still hope and hold high expectations for the this entry ;p

None.

Jun 21 2010, 3:16 pm OlimarandLouie Post #43

I WANT PIKMIN 3. :crybaby:

None.

Jun 21 2010, 5:53 pm Syphon Post #44

Quote from OlimarandLouie
I WANT PIKMIN 3. :crybaby:

They announced it 2 years ago you moron, they just didn't talk about it this year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikmin_3#Pikmin_3

None.

Jun 21 2010, 6:08 pm OlimarandLouie Post #45

I know. Nintendo said they would finish Zelda before they started to finish Pikmin 3 D:

None.

Jun 22 2010, 4:19 am Generalpie Post #46

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from Syphon
[quote=name:OlimarandLouie]New Zelda <3
Pikmin 3 <3

They didn't mention Pikmin 3. Other things they didn't mention, but are on Nintendo's site; Remake of Ocarina of Time and Starfox 64 for 3DS.

i didnt see it mentioned, but its on the nintendo website on the 3DS area

Im also looking forward to Rage.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 22 2010, 4:31 am by Generalpie.

None.

Jun 22 2010, 5:59 am LoTu)S Post #47

Samurai Warriors 3. Half-assed voices and wii gameplay, things couldn't be better.

Amuricans could at least try to put some translation effort into a sequel.

None.

Jun 22 2010, 8:51 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #48

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Syphon
Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
I doubt any of the 3D Zelda games can beat OoT (2D ones are totally different, imo. I have trouble getting into them).

Majora's Mask > Ocarina of Time.
MM was good, but not better than OoT.

Quote from Syphon
Each of them is longer than almost every Ocarina of Time dungeon - I'm pretty sure the only ones that would be big enough for TP are the Forest Temple and the Desert Colossus.

Really? I thought they were about the same (consider the first time ever playing OoT ... The temples were really long. Once you learn all the puzzles and hidden keys and such, they are always really short.)
Playing only a few hours a day I beat TP in less than a week ... I don't remember how long OoT took, so I can't really say.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jun 22 2010, 8:27 pm Wing Zero Post #49

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Quote from Syphon
Quote from OlimarandLouie
New Zelda <3
Pikmin 3 <3

Nintendo wins. Hands down. New Kirby, new Donkey Kong Country, new Legend of Zelda that looks like a true successor to OoT, an AUTO-STEREOSCOPIC HANDHELD, launching with a new Kid Icarus games, and capable of better graphics than the Gamecube. And 3D videography. Goldeneye, Golden Sun, Metroid, so on and so forth.

And then Pokemon Black and White and Pikmin 3, which they didn't even care enough to mention.

The only ways possible now that anyone else could top Nintendo is if Harmonix announces they got Led Zeppelin for Rock Band 3, Gabe Newell comes back and announces Source Engine 2 with Half-Life 2: Episode 3, and all other game updates, or, the final trump card that would defeat all others, Capcom announces they've begun work on MegaMan Legends 3, which they've said would cost about $15,000,000 to produce.

+1 You cant argue with this

Jun 22 2010, 9:05 pm ShredderIV Post #50

Quote from Syphon
Quote from name:Pebbles
The only disappointment I have had with the most recent zelda games s the length. Most of the reason I like OOT was the fact that it took FOREVER to complete, mostly because you had to go through 12 dungeons in addition to the extra puzzles you had to do outside of the temples and such. TP had, IIRC, something like 5 or 6 dungeons, correct me if I'm wrong.

Ocarina of Time had the Deku Tree, Dodongo Cavern, Jabu Jabu, Fire, Water, Forest, Spirit, Shadow temples, Ice Cavern, and the Bottom of the Well. So 10.

Twilight Princess had Forest Temple, Goron Mines, Lakebed Temple, Arbiter's Grounds, Snowpeak Ruins, The Temple of Time, The City in the Sky, The Palace of Twilight. So 8. Each of them is longer than almost every Ocarina of Time dungeon - I'm pretty sure the only ones that would be big enough for TP are the Forest Temple and the Desert Colossus.

You also forgot the final castle in OOT, which was also extremely massive.

To me, none of the TP dungeons seemed quite as big as in OOT. It could be the fact that you have to travel between shadow and normal worlds in TP that makes the game seem longer, but to me, they didnt seem like full length dungeons.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum