Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Yo how come i cant host games on bnet?
Yo how come i cant host games on bnet?
Dec 15 2009, 12:07 pm
By: hashmalum22  

Dec 15 2009, 12:07 pm hashmalum22 Post #1

it says latency too high when someone tries to join. can anyone help fix this pls?

None.

Dec 15 2009, 12:40 pm Excalibur Post #2

The sword and the faith

http://www.sc2gg.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2097

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Dec 15 2009, 5:53 pm CecilSunkure Post #3

You probably have a router blocking traffic. You need to portforward your router to allow internet traffic via the ports that starcraft requires for others to connect to your pc.

You can do this at http://portforward.com. You WILL need to set up a static ip address in order to port forward, so don't skip that step!

None.

Dec 15 2009, 10:20 pm Marine Post #4

It says it costs $29.95?

None.

Dec 15 2009, 10:33 pm Jack Post #5

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Static IP? Doubt it. You set it up on your computer and router.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Dec 15 2009, 10:44 pm Riney Post #6

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from name:zany_001

A LOT of people say this, yet it is untrue to all regions that provide internet. Consider calling your ISP first.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Dec 15 2009, 10:55 pm Doodle77 Post #7

Quote from name:Dark_Marine

A LOT of people say this, yet it is untrue to all regions that provide internet. Consider calling your ISP first.
They mean setting a static IP for your computer so that the port forwarding settings stay valid.

None.

Dec 16 2009, 12:23 am Dungeon-Master Post #8

...isn't that dangerous for viruses, hacks and whatnot if you open ports?

None.

Dec 16 2009, 1:57 am CecilSunkure Post #9

Quote from Dungeon-Master
...isn't that dangerous for viruses, hacks and whatnot if you open ports?
Not if you specify which program can allow access via that port -which is what portforwarding does.

In order to port forward a port, you also need to specify the ip address of the computer you want to portforward to, so if you do not set up a static ip address (within your own network, not an internet ip), then the next time you turn on your computer, you may have a different ip address.

So no, if you have a router, and a modem, or a router//modem, then you need to set up a static ip for your home network in order to portforward ports to specific ips. Don't skip that step.

None.

Dec 16 2009, 4:20 am Marine Post #10

--------> You are [Here]
A caution tape that says: DO NOT CROSS : CRIME SCENE is ...
....<---------------[Here]-------------------->
--------> PortFordward.com is .......
......... [Here].

My point is, you can take 20 minutes to port forward manually for FREE, or spend $29.95 on a pointless program that takes 10 minutes. You decide.

Manual port forwarding is more reliable anyway, since you see what you're doing. It's not easier, but it's free :D

None.

Dec 16 2009, 6:02 am Jack Post #11

Definitely don't buy a program for it, it takes around 5 minutes to do it manually.

Slightly offtopic, anyone here know why my ipconfig only appears for a second and then disappears?

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Dec 16 2009, 7:18 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #12

👻 👾 👽 💪

Slightly offtopic, anyone here know why my ipconfig only appears for a second and then disappears?
Because the console closes when any program is done running. You have to go to start->run and type cmd and then use ipconfig there.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Dec 16 2009, 7:25 am Jack Post #13

Ah. I was Windowskey+r, then typing ipconfig and enter.

Red classic.

Dec 17 2009, 1:58 am Marine Post #14

If you can't find a free* forwarding program, look up your router model and call your manufacturer for instructions on what to do. Each router is configured differently, so looking up a similar model won't work.

None.

Dec 17 2009, 5:54 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #15

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Marine
If you can't find a free* forwarding program, look up your router model and call your manufacturer for instructions on what to do. Each router is configured differently, so looking up a similar model won't work.
I still don't understand why portforward.com can't be used... It's really simple and is free... you don't need a program.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Dec 17 2009, 9:38 am rockz Post #16

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from Marine
Portforward has instructions on how to do it for free, which is why it was linked. There's no reason to ever use a port forwarding program other than the GUI on the router. Most routers are configured the same, or have the same options, so if you just read the instructions, it's not hard to figure out.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Options
  Back to forum