Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Do you tip?
Do you tip?
Oct 29 2009, 1:07 am
By: Neki
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >

Polls
Do you usually tip?
Do you usually tip?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Yes 38

83%
None.
No 8

18%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 46 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Oct 30 2009, 9:10 pm CecilSunkure Post #61

Quote from Fire_Kame
Ashamed is correct. I think that Blackjack in my area has a decent deal, but pizza hut is pretty expensive. And I hate dominos so I don't even know about them.
I love Figaro's, sooo much! The best pizza evar.

And yes, I usually tip -if I were in the position of wanting tips, I would want my buyers to tip me as well.

None.

Oct 31 2009, 12:24 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #62

👻 👾 👽 💪

http://www.thepie.com/enter.htm
:O It's all about the Pie. 23" pizza, ftw.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Nov 1 2009, 2:46 am McBanka Post #63

I tip when I feel like I tipping. I hate it when it's expected of someone to give a little extra cash when really, it should be done at the customer's discretion.

None.

Nov 1 2009, 3:10 am darksnow Post #64

in many asian cultures it is considered rude to leave a tip.
i personally tip at least 15%, then i go higher if the service is good.
i tip delivery guys extra, about 25%, because they are biking/driving(most pizza guys i see are biking) to me from like 2 miles away.
might not sound like much, but remember that im paying them to get out in the rain to get me my food.
also, i find it ridiculous that you can get away from drunk driving by saying you need to deliver pizza.

None.

Nov 1 2009, 3:37 am KrayZee Post #65

I find tipping rude.

None.

Nov 1 2009, 3:42 am Neki Post #66

Even when they're only making 3.50 before tips? :P

None.

Nov 1 2009, 3:56 am darksnow Post #67

i have this personal vendetta against waiters in expensive restaurants.
they give you the shittiest service ever, and they expect 20% tips from a 200 dollar bill simply because a roll of sushi is 20 bucks.
i try to tip the waiters in smaller restaurants more, they hardly make any money.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 1:21 am Neki Post #68

lol I don't think that's really a fair indicator of anything really. I don't think there is any correlation between waitressing in a expensive restaurant compared to a cheap one. :P At least, I haven't seen it.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 2:44 pm Norm Post #69

Quote from name:Ultimo
lol I don't think that's really a fair indicator of anything really. I don't think there is any correlation between waitressing in a expensive restaurant compared to a cheap one. :P At least, I haven't seen it.

People who waiter at a less expensive restaurant will work harder to provide good service because a large tip isn't a given.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 8:26 pm darksnow Post #70

exactly as norm said, i went out to sushi with 2 friends, and because it was manhattan, a single dragon roll was 25 bucks. the bill came out to 140, which we paid. however, since you're "supposed" to leave a 20% tip, which would come out to 28, or 30 for the sake of convenience. in smaller restaurants, the same food costs half as much, so the waiters make half as much in tips

None.

Nov 2 2009, 9:03 pm Riney Post #71

Thigh high affectionado

Hey I tipped the pizza guy yesterday 10%. He was early, brought pizza through rain on halloween, and yea.

Guess that makes me a liar.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Nov 2 2009, 9:12 pm darksnow Post #72

actaully, when its raining and at night, i would tip my pizza guy at least 20%.
i mean come on, hes biking in the rain to make sure my pizza gets to me, the pizza gets to me dry, he gets to me 10 minutes early, AND it was halloween with possible kids egging my house.
i mean, come on man

None.

Nov 2 2009, 9:39 pm Riney Post #73

Thigh high affectionado

Biking? Mother fucker had a hummer ;o

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Nov 2 2009, 11:57 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #74

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from name:Dark_Marine
Biking? Mother fucker had a hummer ;o
Then I don't think he needed the tip all that much. >.>

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Nov 3 2009, 4:01 am Neki Post #75

Just because you work in a small restaurant doesn't mean that you'll work harder compared to people in bigger restaurants. Correlation =/= causation. People work based on their values, which can be affected by money, but most likely, if you're a bad waiter, you'll get fired anywhere.

None.

Nov 3 2009, 4:18 am darksnow Post #76

no but ultimo. in a expensive restaurant, they dont care all that much, as long as they dont get fired, but they'll still get the expensive tips.

in a smaller restaurant, they make 5 bucks at best on tips. no matter how hard they work, even if you go for 50%, 50% of 20 bucks isn't much >.>

None.

Nov 3 2009, 5:12 am ClansAreForGays Post #77

I don't know where the conversation is right now, but domino's makes the worst pizza. Rivaled only little Caesar's.

Nov 3 2009, 5:41 am Neki Post #78

Quote from darksnow
no but ultimo. in a expensive restaurant, they dont care all that much, as long as they dont get fired, but they'll still get the expensive tips.

in a smaller restaurant, they make 5 bucks at best on tips. no matter how hard they work, even if you go for 50%, 50% of 20 bucks isn't much >.>

Who dictates how much they care? I'm sure they care that they don't get fired, and I'm sure that if they're working, they probably like to get more money. I think it's just naive to think "OH YEAH, SMALL RESTAURANT, SERVICES IS ALWAYS BETTER." Maybe they have a tendency to be a little better, but in no way try to discount people working at more expensive places because you believe it to be so.

None.

Nov 3 2009, 1:33 pm rayNimagi Post #79

Quote from ClansAreForGays
I don't know where the conversation is right now, but domino's makes the worst pizza. Rivaled only little Caesar's.

If I was a mod, I'd tell you to keep this on topic :P . Another thread discussing where you can get the best pizza would be cool, though.

As for waiters/waitresses and the correlation between good service and expensive restaurants: There is probably no correlation. I'm sure expensive restaurants have higher standards of service (think of McDonald's vs Fogo de Chão), but I'm sure there at bad waiters at high-priced restaurants with, at the same time, good waiters. The same goes for lower-price restaurants.

Oh, and if you don't know what McDonald's or Fogo de Chão is, there's something called Wikipedia.

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Nov 14 2009, 10:40 pm InsolubleFluff Post #80

I never tip delivery boys/girls. Not because I don't think they deserve it, but money is money. If it's £18.99 and I have a 20, sure, keep the change.

I tip £5 to waiters/waitresses if they smile, are polite and do a good job. I do not tip if they are bad.

At the end of the day, it's not my fault they make little money...

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum