Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Aug 18 2009, 6:37 am
By: Vrael
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 1525 >

Nov 23 2009, 12:13 am Falkoner Post #241

Use MacroTriggers ;)

None.

Nov 23 2009, 12:34 am Kaias Post #242

Quote from Falkoner
Use MacroTriggers ;)
This doesn't work so well when you have multiple people working on the same map.

None.

Nov 23 2009, 12:35 am Falkoner Post #243

O rly? And why not? MacroTriggers + GoogleDocs ftw :P

None.

Nov 23 2009, 2:01 am payne Post #244

:payne:

SI, answer please: is the "Search for update" option available ?

None.

Nov 23 2009, 4:34 pm Kaias Post #245

Similar to the hotkeys not working in the trigger window, pressing 'enter' to select 'OK' and close the open-trigger window doesn't work anymore.

None.

Nov 23 2009, 5:30 pm Kenoli Post #246

Updated the download with map scroll via middle mouse button.
The control for this seems awkward. How about a grab/pan sort of thing instead? (eg google maps)

Also maybe mouse wheel support for scrolling up and down.

None.

Nov 23 2009, 5:56 pm The Starport Post #247

Quote from Kaias
Quote from Falkoner
Use MacroTriggers ;)
This doesn't work so well when you have multiple people working on the same map.
Quote from Falkoner
O rly? And why not? MacroTriggers + GoogleDocs ftw :P
Text triggers (which is what MacroTriggers works off of) are practically meant for multi-person map making via. version control. Google Docs/Google Code is just one method of version control, by the way.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 23 2009, 6:06 pm by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Nov 23 2009, 6:15 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #248

I see you !

Payne: this release will find an update the next time there is an official release, as will the version publicly available.

Quote from Kenoli
The control for this seems awkward. How about a grab/pan sort of thing instead? (eg google maps)

I dont really see how click dragging the window can work unless you want to add the "move map" layer, after all that is already used by painting terrain/units etc. Also this allows you to scroll further to the side than what is currently visible, I'm quite happy with the result... ;)

Nov 23 2009, 9:03 pm payne Post #249

:payne:

Nice :)
And what about my brushes ? I've sent some to you and I have a topic with the other ones.
And for the scroll, what about simply holding "Space" and moving with left click, just like in Acrobat Reader ? Or even better (imo), hold both left and right mouse click and drag. :O

None.

Nov 23 2009, 10:05 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #250

I see you !

Havn't had a chance to take a look, sorry. Decided to finally reinstall sourcecontrol after my last linux box bit the dust.

However I just fixed the map revealer thing and uploaded it, and when looking at the list of changes the unit coordinates in unit properties can be marked as fixed.

Nov 24 2009, 2:54 am rockz Post #251

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Payne: this release will find an update the next time there is an official release, as will the version publicly available.

Quote from Kenoli

I dont really see how click dragging the window can work unless you want to add the "move map" layer, after all that is already used by painting terrain/units etc. Also this allows you to scroll further to the side than what is currently visible, I'm quite happy with the result... ;)
I was also hoping for a gimp/maps/pdf like scroll, but this is fine. Wheel support would be nice too, with ctrl wheel being zoom, and shift wheel being left-right.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Nov 24 2009, 3:50 am fat_flying_pigs Post #252

Quote from CecilSunkure
Once in the past I was using a bit of a tedious system involving the use of switches. This wasn't an organized system, so when it became buggy it was very hard to debug. One of these debugging times, I spent days trying to pinpoint a bug that would not be solved. After being frustrated for something like a week, I decided that there was something wrong other than my triggers. I tested a few things out and found that renaming of switches in scmdraft can cause them to stop working, at all. I changed my triggers to use a switch with a default name, and the triggers worked perfectly. I never told anyone, because I didn't think anyone would believe me. I know a couple people in the past have had this same problem, and I haven't brought it up till now because I have some semi-documented evidence to actually show that what happened wasn't just a triggering error on my part.

Here is a link to that topic: http://www.staredit.net/topic/8840/
Are you using the official download off my site or one of the newer versions? Also I am assuming the issue only occurs in text trigedit. I vaguely remember fixing something with the switches that could break if the trigger compiling failed once, bu tthat was back in april so I am not sure. Maybe I broke something that worked instead if its now broken and used to work. :(

payne: messing with the new strings window, also toyed with using openGL for the display but probably will not implement that. Had some deadlines @ work and coding 8-10 hours a day at work leaves little motivation for scmdraft. Mostly over with now tho.

Pigs: I can check if its possible to make the installer not need admin, I doubt it tho. But I can upload a noninstaller based version again, I mainly switched to the installer because it eliminates problems such as the plugins being extracted incorrectly, and let me remove the hacked together checks on the first start.

Nuderaider: well it was planned as a autocompleting syntax highlighting etc etc editor, but DW ran out of time due to RL stuff :(

Mouse middle button + scroll should be doable, I probably would have added it earlier if my mouse didn't automatically make that work in most programs. And if I implement openGL display for smooth zooming, then I can also use mousewheel zoom levels.

Did you find a way to make SCMD portable, and without admin install?

None.

Nov 24 2009, 3:57 am CecilSunkure Post #253

Quote from fat_flying_pigs
Quote from CecilSunkure
Once in the past I was using a bit of a tedious system involving the use of switches. This wasn't an organized system, so when it became buggy it was very hard to debug. One of these debugging times, I spent days trying to pinpoint a bug that would not be solved. After being frustrated for something like a week, I decided that there was something wrong other than my triggers. I tested a few things out and found that renaming of switches in scmdraft can cause them to stop working, at all. I changed my triggers to use a switch with a default name, and the triggers worked perfectly. I never told anyone, because I didn't think anyone would believe me. I know a couple people in the past have had this same problem, and I haven't brought it up till now because I have some semi-documented evidence to actually show that what happened wasn't just a triggering error on my part.

Here is a link to that topic: http://www.staredit.net/topic/8840/
Are you using the official download off my site or one of the newer versions? Also I am assuming the issue only occurs in text trigedit. I vaguely remember fixing something with the switches that could break if the trigger compiling failed once, bu tthat was back in april so I am not sure. Maybe I broke something that worked instead if its now broken and used to work. :(
I never noticed SI responded to me.

I was using the latest version at the time. It was NOT in the text editor, it was with the classic trigedit. I simply renamed the switch, and it wouldn't work in any trigger condition. Once I replaced it with a different switch, it was working perfectly. This has happened to me twice, and once to the member Ciara.

None.

Nov 24 2009, 5:52 am Neki Post #254

Uh, what's the point of including current player when you're setting the players it will affect (the players tab)? It doesn't affect anyone does it?

None.

Nov 24 2009, 9:41 am Grocel Post #255

Has taken any of you notice it?
http://www.staredit.net/187998/

I have the lasted version of Scmdraft2.
And it crash very often when I try to save.

Here is again the crash log from the lasted version of Scmdraft2:
[attach=4934]

Attachments:
Trigedit.dmp
Hits: 0 Size: 142.41kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 26 2009, 8:12 am by Grocel. Reason: versions added :)

None.

Nov 26 2009, 3:06 am nivekuil Post #256

Haven't finished reading the thread, but I found a problem with the text editor where player 10 (as well as player 11) becomes player 1 as soon as you compile. Anyone else have this problem?

None.

Nov 26 2009, 8:27 pm rockz Post #257

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from fat_flying_pigs
Did you find a way to make SCMD portable, and without admin install?
SCMD has always been able to be portable, you just have to copy the mpqs into the flash drive, which makes it much larger than it really needs to be. However, I think a simple exe which doesn't need to install would indeed be better.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Nov 27 2009, 12:18 am samsizzle Post #258

It would be real cool, not a must or a nuisance or anything, but it would just be cool if when you double clicked on a player in the trigger window it would open the trigger at the bottom of the list, Or the last created trigger for that player.

None.

Dec 1 2009, 2:08 am Xenderkin Post #259

Ryu: do you mean the MPQ sounds or the custom added sounds?

Something more like this:

The sound manager(editor) in trigedit somehow trumps SCMdraft's. I almost feel sorry. I don't care if you display the length and the info with the MPQ sounds, but it will make the map maker's experience way better if the custom added sounds had the important imformation like how long the wav file is to the nearest 4th decimal or something close to that.

None.

Dec 1 2009, 9:52 pm rockz Post #260

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

A little mini-poll:
When creating a new trigger in classic trigedit, would anyone like the "no action" action which is set by default be replaced by "preserve trigger"? Most triggers I make I want preserved, and only a few I don't want preserved. I think it's easier to press "d" than type in "pr" and a few clicks.

Also, I'd like classic trigedit to allow no condition or action, if possible. It will hurt the noobs, I suppose, but not a lot.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 1525 >
  Back to forum