Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Top three most useless animals
Top three most useless animals
Jun 20 2009, 2:08 am
By: MillenniumArmy
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >

Jun 20 2009, 10:04 pm Syphon Post #21

Dogs are about a thousand times better than cats, I just have to say. Cats piss on everything, shit all over your house, and are generally ornery. Dogs, on the other hand, can look like this, and still be friendly.

Look at that fucker.

The most useless living animals, in no particular order are...

Hagfish - The only vertebrate without a cranium. Too useless to get its evolution right.
Manatee - They just sit there all day. Freeloading.
Pinnipeds - A fully aquatic mammal that must come ashore to breed? Even otters can breed in water, and they still have their feet.

Most useless extinct animals.

Giant Moa - A member of the only family of animals to ever evolve away two of their appendages. They were birds. With no wings. AWFUL.
Stellar's Sea Cow - They were like manatees, only bigger, and couldn't fucking swim underwater. Seriously.
Homo Neanderthalus - They had larger braincases than us, were stronger, could run faster, jump higher, and thrive in much harsher climates. They had full equality in their society, and it's very possible that their language was musically based. Their senses were also better than ours, and they had better tools. But we fucking won. How did you screw that up, Neanderthals?

Also, man that panda looks fucking BAKED.

None.

Jun 20 2009, 10:09 pm Hug A Zergling Post #22

Quote from name:Almost Alive
Oh yeah, cats are useful just because they are cute.
I can agree with this.
Dogs > Cats though

And why the hell do we have monkeys?!?
All they do is shit and swing.

None.

Jun 20 2009, 10:13 pm Syphon Post #23

Quote from Hug A Zergling
I can agree with this.
Dogs > Cats though

Japanese Macaques hang out in hot tubs year round.

Monkey's are /awesome/.

None.

Jun 20 2009, 10:17 pm Hug A Zergling Post #24

Quote from Syphon
Quote from Hug A Zergling
I can agree with this.
Dogs > Cats though

Japanese Macaques hang out in hot tubs year round.

Monkey's are /awesome/.
I'm not a fan of monkeys. Especially movies STARRING monkeys.

None.

Jun 20 2009, 11:10 pm MadZombie Post #25

Rhesus Macaques

They always be raiding my dwarf fortresses and don't provide enough meat to cover the damage.

None.

Jun 20 2009, 11:46 pm MillenniumArmy Post #26

Err... I think I gotta make myself clear:

- This thread is about the more common animals. Don't go spouting out random animals/creatures that most of us have never heard of before. Well Panda Bears I admit are a bit rare but at least they're animals that everyone's heard and learned about since like elementary school.

- Insects do not count, I said that in my first post.

- People, stop getting so worked up when I say cats or horses are useless. I've made my points following each picture (which apparently most of you haven't read.)

None.

Jun 20 2009, 11:48 pm Echo Post #27

I think cats are really useless. You can't even walk them or play physical activities with them outside.

None.

Jun 20 2009, 11:51 pm MillenniumArmy Post #28

One more thing:

- I know I didn't ask you guys to, but when you nominate each animal, give your reasons why. It'll make this thread more fun/interesting. ;)

None.

Jun 20 2009, 11:55 pm EzDay281 Post #29

and they certainly can't be used for recreational activities.
Obvious lies.
dogs own cats ;)
This has rendered all points you have attempted invalid.

Verdict? Cats have saved the bloody human species from extinction, they're so useful.

None.

Jun 21 2009, 12:18 am Hug A Zergling Post #30

Quote from EzDay281
and they certainly can't be used for recreational activities.
Obvious lies.
dogs own cats ;)
This has rendered all points you have attempted invalid.

Verdict? Cats have saved the bloody human species from extinction, they're so useful.
As have dogs. People have been using dogs for hunting/survival for hundreds of years.

None.

Jun 21 2009, 12:23 am EzDay281 Post #31

As have dogs. People have been using dogs for hunting/survival for hundreds of years.
That was in the past. And not necessarily needed.
Cats are saving humans from extinction every day, so succesfully you never knew you needed them.

None.

Jun 21 2009, 12:30 am Falkoner Post #32

Cats are saving humans from extinction every day, so succesfully you never knew you needed them.

How. Dogs own cats, hands down.

None.

Jun 21 2009, 12:56 am Jesusfreak Post #33

Trying doing THIS with a dog: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_udqEp_YR4

:bleh:

None.

Jun 21 2009, 1:06 am Norm Post #34

Those cats are the shit. Almost as cool as my cat - who probably would set that cheap box on fire.

OH and dogs are pretty lame- they're all like 'LOOK AT MY PRETTY EYES FEED ME PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ'

Cats are all like 'I know you'll feed me because I'll claw your face off if you don't"

None.

Jun 21 2009, 2:00 am Fire_Kame Post #35

wth is starcraft

Quote from name:Merrell
Actually, every species, including humans, are "useless".
Truth. Humans are actually pathetically inefficient: look at how many calories we consume just to last a couple hours of hard work.

And I would *love* to see you build a civilization without horses. Honestly.

Jun 21 2009, 2:32 am Syphon Post #36

Quote from name:-_- Kame -_-
Quote from name:Merrell
Actually, every species, including humans, are "useless".
Truth. Humans are actually pathetically inefficient: look at how many calories we consume just to last a couple hours of hard work.

And I would *love* to see you build a civilization without horses. Honestly.

Incas, Mayans, Aztecs.

Checkmate.

None.

Jun 21 2009, 4:36 am Fire_Kame Post #37

wth is starcraft

Yea...all three are dead.

OH SNAP

Jun 21 2009, 4:58 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #38

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Syphon
Dogs are about a thousand times better than cats, I just have to say. Cats piss on everything, shit all over your house, and are generally ornery.
I think you're confused. Cats have a little box for that (and it only stinks if you neglect it), dogs do it everywhere (inside or out) unless you specifically teach them not to. With the litter box being instinctive, you can put that time and effort of training to make them do this.
Cats vary greatly in personality (making them more interesting). Dogs are whiny, needy, and clingy... So is my mom's cat (as she is trying to get into my lap right now despite me not wanting her to). My cat is very friendly to everyone. She will greet them when they come inside, and she will hang out while they are here. Generalizing personality traits in cats, ftl.

Quote from Hug A Zergling/EzDay
"never try to save you": My cat sure cares a lot when someone is upset.
"No tricks":See above. People are just lazy.
"the[y] make your house fucking stink":See above. L2clean. In my experience, dogs make houses smell worse. They enjoy shitting in basements.
"they dont want to play with you":Only if they are sleeping.
"they kill babies":And dogs kill everybody else. ;o Actually, my cat is thrilled when she sees a small child and lets them play with her...Disproving two of these things in one situation.
"floppy":Does it much matter anyway?

I'd say dogs are pretty useless. All they are good at is being loud, whiny, needy, and greedy whores.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Jun 21 2009, 5:08 am by FaRTy1billion.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jun 21 2009, 6:00 am EzDay281 Post #39

@Farty,Syphon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYfq1pk5VlU
Whether that instinct's an awesome thing, or a bad thing, I'll leave for you to decide.
I say, however, that it's awesome.

I'd say dogs are pretty useless. All they are good at is being loud, whiny, needy, and greedy whores.
This. My dog completely ignores me unless I'm providing him body warmth, giving him chicken, or performing horrific medical experiments on him.
I said nothing.

None.

Jun 21 2009, 12:47 pm Forsaken Archer Post #40

Quote from Jesusfreak
Trying doing THIS with a dog: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_udqEp_YR4

:bleh:
I lol'd pretty hard.

Farty is right about everything he said. I have two cats atm, one is super playful and the other is a cuddle cat.

Sorry MA, your thread got hijacked ;o

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >
  Back to forum