Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Guitar Hero 3
Guitar Hero 3
Jan 8 2009, 5:43 am
By: blacklight28  

Feb 2 2009, 5:28 am TriggR_HappE Post #21

I've found guitar hero to be a lot harder than rock band. I can't beat very many expert songs on guitar hero, yet I've beat 63 out of my 73 songs on rock band on expert. And of the one's I'm stuck on I can play the whole song no problem until I get to the solo.

None.

Feb 2 2009, 5:10 pm Syphon Post #22

Quote from Norm
Hey- I'll have you know that the first time i played, i could barely pass a medium song. Now, i have most of Expert GH2+3 5-starred and 28/30 5 stars on GHrt80's, so practice does do something.

I'm guessing the two on 80s are Play With Me and Because Its Midnite?

None.

Feb 3 2009, 1:00 am blacklight28 Post #23

Quote from TriggR_HappE
I've found guitar hero to be a lot harder than rock band. I can't beat very many expert songs on guitar hero, yet I've beat 63 out of my 73 songs on rock band on expert. And of the one's I'm stuck on I can play the whole song no problem until I get to the solo.

The Rock Band songs are easier. I hate the interface though. Square notes ftl... And check out this http://www.guitarpraise.com/
lol... no offense to Christians btw. I just think it's funny.

None.

Feb 3 2009, 3:18 am RIVE Post #24

Just Here For The Pie

Quote from Syphon
I'm guessing the two on 80s are Play With Me and Because Its Midnite?
Two great songs. I also like Caught in a Mosh.

Quote from blacklight28
And check out this http://www.guitarpraise.com/

I was surprised to see that the frets were not crosses. That would have made the game all the more worth to play!

Also, the game totally lacks the Best Christian Rock Song Evar!
(Track 2, duh..)

None.

Feb 3 2009, 4:10 pm AlbertW-RCDF Post #25

Well, i thing GH3 was better to. I really dislake GH4 cause there arent songs that in 3 apeared and GH3 i think is the hardest and funnest ^^

None.

Feb 3 2009, 11:32 pm RIVE Post #26

Just Here For The Pie

I will admit that Guitar Hero III has great songs to it, better than World Tour by far.

I just still cannot get around the fact of how easy it is. If you played a lot of Rock Band(2) and Guitar Hero(2), you just question yourself in awe as to how you strung a, what seems to be, difficult combo of notes in ease while playing Guitar Hero III.
The note reader's delay is just magical.

Secondly, why is my hand having sex with the guitar neck? Seriously, every song has fast transitions of chords with different patterns of three frets. It is just ridiculous.

Thirdly, what is the deal with hammer-ons and pull-offs in the game being at the oddest places. Half the time your groove just gets thrown off by them, and over a third of the time, I just end up strumming the pointless ones. Sure people love the feeling of their hand fingering though a rift for twenty seconds and only strumming once, but had the rift been accomplished like so on an actual guitar, someone must have the world's best pick-ups which also makes your sliding hand sound like shit among the amp output. We all know that the guitarist that preformed the song strummed those notes, why did Neversoft go easy on us?

Fourthly, why the hell is my hand having sex with the guitar neck?!

To think people say that Harmonix cannot chart songs. At least Harmonix works on making music too. You do not see Neversoft with their own division of musicians. No, they have to bring people in, like everyone's hero Steve Ouimette.

By the way, anyone want to help me with the achievements? A good handful of them are co-op, and I lack a buddy willing to: play each difficulty of the game, 5-star every song four times, get a million points, streak 2,000 notes, and play lead while I do back-up. :-_-:

None.

Feb 3 2009, 11:35 pm DaltonSerdynski Post #27

same I could barley play easy at must songs....it takes practice. now Im on hard working my way to expert

None.

Feb 4 2009, 12:29 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #28

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from blacklight28
Quote from TriggR_HappE

The Rock Band songs are easier. I hate the interface though. Square notes ftl... And check out this http://www.guitarpraise.com/
Please don't show that to my friend's mom. xC

... I went through the songlist. I see flyleaf, and that's about all I recognize. ;o

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Feb 4 2009, 12:45 am blacklight28 Post #29

I don't like the songs on Rock Band either. I've never tried Rock Band 2 though... I wonder if it got any better. =P

None.

Feb 4 2009, 1:00 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #30

👻 👾 👽 💪

I like most of Rock Band's songs... Rock Band 2 has some really good ones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band_2

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Feb 4 2009, 1:22 am blacklight28 Post #31

Haven't heard of most of them... But, I also didn't hear of most of the songs on GH3 and I like most of them so... Yeah.

None.

Feb 4 2009, 6:07 am RIVE Post #32

Just Here For The Pie

Quote from blacklight28
Haven't heard of most of them... But, I also didn't hear of most of the songs on GH3 and I like most of them so... Yeah.

Before Rock Band 2 came out, I would tell my friends which songs should be released for Rock Band 2 or up for downloads.I even told them that everyone will want Spirit of the Radio by Rush, it is just a given, but I went on to say that they would end up releasing The Trees. I could not have been more dead on aside the fact that it is a vault version.
When Rock Band 2 released its song list on the internet I was amazed at myself, and satisfied at how many songs I claimed should be in the game and actually did make it.

Clearly your musical taste is limited.

[Still waiting on: Megadeth - Back in the Day, Green Day - When I Come Around, Ash - Orpheus, Deftones - Change (In the House of Files), Devin Townsend - Christeen, Extreme -He Man Woman Hater, Stabbing Westward - Save Yourself, Iron Maiden - Prowler, Butthole Surfers - Pepper, Barenaked Ladies - It's All Been Done, Kiss - God Gave Rock 'N' Roll To You II, Soup Dragons - Divine Thing, They Might Be Giants - Don't Let's Start. Just to name a few anyway.]

None.

Feb 5 2009, 12:13 am Syphon Post #33

The Trees is that best song ever written. If not for it's absurd subject matter (racism amongst trees) then for the fact that it was the first 6-star difficulty song I passed on expert drums.

None.

Feb 5 2009, 1:13 am blacklight28 Post #34

My musical taste is limited :bleh:

None.

Options
  Back to forum