Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: 2009 Last Stand RPG Challenge
2009 Last Stand RPG Challenge
Jan 1 2009, 12:00 am
By: Kaias
Pages: < 1 « 20 21 22 23 2425 >

Aug 27 2009, 11:35 pm Kaias Post #421

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
poiuy_qwert had the idea of creating a modded RPG. I will be taking up this idea, with some support from qwert. I might have another partner as well.
It says right in the first post that this is allowed.
Quote from Challenge rules
Mod supplemented maps are allowed; all judging, however, should be on the actual RPG aspects of the map, rather than the mod itself.
I was actually hoping that someone would do this, as the potential is enormous.

None.

Aug 28 2009, 12:53 am Marine Post #422

Will modded maps have a higher expectation than other maps in this challenge, and will they be considered better than the rest because if you look at it from another stand point, if you play two RPG's and one has awesome mods on it, you'll choose the modded version to be better because it looks cooler and isn't confined to starcraft units, right?

None.

Aug 28 2009, 1:43 am Morphling Post #423

Quote from Marine
Will modded maps have a higher expectation than other maps in this challenge, and will they be considered better than the rest because if you look at it from another stand point, if you play two RPG's and one has awesome mods on it, you'll choose the modded version to be better because it looks cooler and isn't confined to starcraft units, right?
Quote from From original post
Mod supplemented maps are allowed; all judging, however, should be on the actual RPG aspects of the map, rather than the mod itself.

None.

Aug 28 2009, 2:23 am Marine Post #424

Quote from Morphling
Quote from Marine
Quote from From original post

Right, but still, a random person that plays it will choose it over another map without a mod. Are the judges the public or SEN members, cause that's all it really depends on.

None.

Aug 29 2009, 7:15 pm samsizzle Post #425

Okay, im working on eschebone again so you can change it back to that but with no link to the topic please.

None.

Sep 2 2009, 11:24 pm payne Post #426

:payne:

My map is going well.
Please remove MetalGear as my partner.
You could add some statistics:
83 contestants
I haven't counted number of submissions.

None.

Sep 10 2009, 2:48 pm Drakiel Post #427

Like I posted with Villans topic RPG. I'm in Afghanistan and missions have been pouring down on me. I really WANT to make an RPG by the end of the year, but if I sign up and fail to complete the project, is there any penalty?

None.

Sep 10 2009, 3:46 pm Kaias Post #428

Quote from Drakiel
Like I posted with Villans topic RPG. I'm in Afghanistan and missions have been pouring down on me. I really WANT to make an RPG by the end of the year, but if I sign up and fail to complete the project, is there any penalty?
None, of course.

None.

Sep 10 2009, 6:14 pm Esponeo Post #429

I should probably start soon.

None.

Sep 10 2009, 8:11 pm TF- Post #430

🤙ðŸ¾

I wish there were more production threads tbh.

🤙ðŸ¾

Sep 11 2009, 2:51 am Psychic_Genius Post #431

I furiosly and sadly have to anounce that the 1/2 made map called Human Rangers RPG has to retire from the challenge due to Starcraft problems; the problems are as following:
The last patch made a problem in my computer making it that my starcraft couldn't run. Fortunately I successfully was able to solve that problem taking me several in doing so.. after that my "cheer up" atitud came doing right after i clicked on the button "OK" at the battle.net section making a disappointment in downloading the new patch once again, but this time, the download rate time was faster than I could ever imagine, the download bar appeared empty the next second, it was full, after that battle.net kicks me making me return to the main menu (back where you click on "OK" button) and this is the main problem. My attempts of solve it have failed. I have tryed reinstalling the game, removing the patch in the corresponding folder, downloading the game at www.battle.net and finally, downloading the patch manually from the website. Due to this problem I announce my retirement from the challenge as well as apologize with everyone of you and congratulate for everything. Have a nice day and we'll meet again on Stacraft II.

None.

Sep 11 2009, 2:58 am payne Post #432

Psy, you can still work with other servers, you know? Do not retire for this :(
For my part, my terrain is half done. First city is roughly made ^^ I'm also trying to think of my second puzzle.

None.

Sep 11 2009, 3:31 am Psychic_Genius Post #433

Sadly I can't because the error doesn't kinda "Load" the patch or whatever so the other servers appear. When I try to download/install patch an error occurs, it says "Network upgrade failed". I wouldn't leave the contest :( but I can't see how to solve this yet :( it might get fixed with the next patch I hope.. if not, then its a gg. Fortunately for you it's not working because my map was probably going to win so... XD (hahaha). I have sent an email to blizzard to see what's going on. Well I'll see what can I do. BTW good job payne, I will play your map and I'm sure it will kick ass. Good luck everyone :D

None.

Sep 11 2009, 3:31 pm Esponeo Post #434

I furiosly and sadly have to anounce that the 1/2 made map called Human Rangers RPG has to retire from the challenge due to Starcraft problems; the problems are as following:
The last patch made a problem in my computer making it that my starcraft couldn't run. Fortunately I successfully was able to solve that problem taking me several in doing so.. after that my "cheer up" atitud came doing right after i clicked on the button "OK" at the battle.net section making a disappointment in downloading the new patch once again, but this time, the download rate time was faster than I could ever imagine, the download bar appeared empty the next second, it was full, after that battle.net kicks me making me return to the main menu (back where you click on "OK" button) and this is the main problem. My attempts of solve it have failed. I have tryed reinstalling the game, removing the patch in the corresponding folder, downloading the game at www.battle.net and finally, downloading the patch manually from the website.

The reason the download rate appears to be so quick is because the patch is already downloaded to your computer. Its simply trying to install it and failing. The latest patch seems to have broken the installation from the discs they sell in stores. My roommate had this exact problem a few days ago, though I have forgotten how exactly it was fixed. I will get back to you late this afternoon with the solution we used.

None.

Sep 11 2009, 8:39 pm DevliN Post #435

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Esponeo
The reason the download rate appears to be so quick is because the patch is already downloaded to your computer. Its simply trying to install it and failing. The latest patch seems to have broken the installation from the discs they sell in stores. My roommate had this exact problem a few days ago, though I have forgotten how exactly it was fixed. I will get back to you late this afternoon with the solution we used.
I assume it was probably downloading the SC installer using a Battle.net account. That's what I had to do, and I've had no issues thusfar.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 12 2009, 6:48 am Psychic_Genius Post #436

Thanks esponeo I appreciate it. If I am able to fix this, well I'll finish the map :)

None.

Sep 15 2009, 3:48 am xYoshix Post #437

Can you change my "Chaotic Essence" project into a project called "Dawn of Destruction: Fallen Memories"?

None.

Sep 15 2009, 4:22 am Kaias Post #438

Quote from xYoshix
Can you change my "Chaotic Essence" project into a project called "Dawn of Destruction: Fallen Memories"?
I assume you also want the link to Chaotic Essence removed too. Are you changing your map or starting anew?

None.

Sep 15 2009, 5:19 am payne Post #439

Just a recall to you guys: you should make a back-up file just in case ;o

None.

Sep 15 2009, 10:07 am Ahli Post #440

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

I guess I won't finish my map because I lost interest in it again. I hope that I am motivated enough to create the next demo.
I think the option that I may need to create my own pathing AI for my battlefield was to much. :|

Anyway, coding a program for my uncle and making maps and my real life are > my D1 map atm.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 20 21 22 23 2425 >
  Back to forum