Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: 2009 Last Stand RPG Challenge
2009 Last Stand RPG Challenge
Jan 1 2009, 12:00 am
By: Kaias
Pages: < 1 « 18 19 20 21 2225 >

Jul 28 2009, 10:29 pm Ashamed Post #381

Hear me Raor!!

I would love to join,
I don't have a title for my RPG but i started it like 2 nights ago!

None.

Jul 30 2009, 3:54 am BlackWolf99 Post #382

im going to finish haunted museum soon

None.

Jul 30 2009, 6:09 pm stickynote Post #383

I got a small rpg i will be doing as a side project along with the one I'm doing with Pyro; it's called "Something Old, Something New"

None.

Jul 30 2009, 7:51 pm samsizzle Post #384

im gonna have to make my rpg a lot smaller because its WAAAAAAY too much work right now.

None.

Jul 30 2009, 8:33 pm xYoshix Post #385

Quote from samsizzle
im gonna have to make my rpg a lot smaller because its WAAAAAAY too much work right now.

That's why I'm splitting up my RPG to different parts :D

None.

Jul 30 2009, 8:42 pm samsizzle Post #386

Quote from xYoshix
Quote from samsizzle

That's why I'm splitting up my RPG to different parts :D

I was thinking of turning mine into like seperate closed off regions like in fable. But it would lose a lot of its realism and would be too claustrophobic.

None.

Jul 31 2009, 8:41 am BlueWolf Post #387

I can't wait to play all these rpg's. Gotta find my sc/bw cd and re-install it.

None.

Jul 31 2009, 9:16 am Vrael Post #388

Quote from name:BluEditor
I can't wait to play all these rpg's. Gotta find my sc/bw cd and re-install it.
Me too!
Of course, that also means that we need to finish all these rpgs.

On a related note, it seems unlikely that I will be finished by the deadline. I'll stay in the contest, but I won't likely have a finished piece to submit, but I still plan on finishing it anyway even if I go over time limits. I had been hoping to get much work done this summer and I did, but vacation+class got in the way of what I needed to finish...

None.

Aug 1 2009, 10:40 am Ahli Post #389

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Why reinstalling the game?
I guess all rpgs will be 1.16.1 compatible.

Aug 1 2009, 11:10 pm samsizzle Post #390

Quote from Ahli
Why reinstalling the game?
Because he uninstalled it?

None.

Aug 5 2009, 7:48 pm Ashamed Post #391

Hear me Raor!!

What i think im going to do is, like a open RPG. Like have a main quest that could be completed in 1-3 hours depending one how fast you go, and then start adding like side quest and everything for you to do alone, or with your team. So then i can finish my map, and then just go back and add an update.

-Just got the direction/grid system done, One spell (fire blast) which shoots in the direction you last went, This includes SE,SW,NE,NW. It will kill any normal unit, Do a certain amount of damage to "Elites, or Bosses". That will depend on your lvl.

-Also got a time system done, based on a 24 hour day. Certain things happen at certain times.
(This will also let me set a mood, for certain missions. Like when you first start its stuck between 2-4 in the morning, until you kill your first elite as a team.)

lol just a lil update :)! I still dont have a name for it.

None.

Aug 10 2009, 9:57 pm Morphling Post #392

I withdraw from the competition because I have lost all of my maps from a computer failure.

None.

Aug 10 2009, 10:08 pm Vrael Post #393

Quote from Morphling
I withdraw from the competition because I have lost all of my maps from a computer failure.
START OVER!!! MAKE BACKUPS!!! ARRRRRRRRGH. It should be easier the 2nd time around, you'll know what you're doing already.

None.

Aug 10 2009, 10:09 pm Kaias Post #394

Quote from Vrael
Quote from Morphling
START OVER!!! MAKE BACKUPS!!! ARRRRRRRRGH. It should be easier the 2nd time around, you'll know what you're doing already.
Probably more efficient too. I always find ways to trigger systems better the second time around.

None.

Aug 10 2009, 10:48 pm JaFF Post #395

Quote from Kaias
Quote from Vrael
Quote from Morphling
Probably more efficient too. I always find ways to trigger systems better the second time around.
You know what they say about writing a real letter: write it, but don't send it, then rewrite it after a month.

Probably I won't finish CotD in time (if ever), so I'll make a 64x64 RPG on Installation just for the contest. ^^

None.

Aug 11 2009, 1:34 am payne Post #396

:payne:

Quote from Morphling
Why do you guys keep your projects so secret? OS is the solution! Share work with a reliable person and there you go, you have a back-up and a tester ;)

None.

Aug 11 2009, 3:05 pm Ashamed Post #397

Hear me Raor!!

boom back up and a tester, which reminds me i need a tester. Since I just rejoined sc.
I dont really know anyone :)

None.

Aug 11 2009, 5:37 pm Polkaman Post #398

Scrath Alchemist RPG

World of Runescape's where it's at ^^

Change, please.
Love me.

None.

Aug 12 2009, 2:11 am samsizzle Post #399

Quote from Ashamed
boom back up and a tester, which reminds me i need a tester. Since I just rejoined sc.
I dont really know anyone :)
just go to op sen and ask for testers i'll test if im there and not afk.

None.

Aug 12 2009, 8:02 am Chubacca Post #400

Man when summer came along I thought I would be so bored out of my mind, but I just don't have time for this project, I barely started the triggering, take me out of this competition, I won't have time when school comes around.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 18 19 20 21 2225 >
  Back to forum