By: Kaias
Pages: < 1 « 21 22 23 24 25 >

Sep 15 2009, 6:39 pm payne Post #441

:payne:

How can someone abandon a map with so much effort put in it >.<
You, Lethal and qPK will always surprise me ;o

None.

Sep 15 2009, 6:54 pm Ahli Post #442

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

I got a life (again)? :D
I'll see what I will do... but atm I don't continue it.
Doing things for Sons of War is more important because I don't want it to come to late...

D1 is still something untested... it may has a bad gameplay... and in 4 weeks my 2nd university try starts... this time I won't be that lazy (because it shouldn't be THAT hard anymore)...

Sep 15 2009, 7:44 pm xYoshix Post #443

Quote from Kaias
Quote from xYoshix
Can you change my "Chaotic Essence" project into a project called "Dawn of Destruction: Fallen Memories"?
I assume you also want the link to Chaotic Essence removed too. Are you changing your map or starting anew?

I'm starting a new map.

None.

Sep 21 2009, 11:15 pm xYoshix Post #444

I made a thread for my Fallen Memories thread and it can be found here

Sorry for double post =(

None.

Sep 21 2009, 11:39 pm payne Post #445

:S
Something unexpected happened:
Because of all my activities over the net, I had not seen the 7 exams that I have to do during the next 4 days... 3 of them represents over 20% of my session and last year, I've flunked 3 courses because I didn't do my homeworks, preferring to play Starcraft...
I guess I'll have to stop my map production...
Sorry!

Though I promise you I'll be back and finish that RPG, I've put too much effort in it to simply abandon it like that. Plus, that RPG contest was at first supposed to be private and between me, Lethal and Kaias only ;)

None.

Sep 22 2009, 1:28 am lil-Inferno Post #446

Just here for the pie

It's only over the next four days, so I don't see why you'd need to quit production. Just get home, do your homework, and then do leisure things.

Sep 22 2009, 1:33 am Echo Post #447

I haven't been able to work on my map lately because I have 6 college classes. My architecture classes takes the majority of my time because I have a drawing due each week and I have to work on finishing a model each month. I'm going to try to make myself a schedule so I have time to work on my RPG.

None.

Sep 22 2009, 3:49 am payne Post #448

Quote from lil-Inferno
It's only over the next four days, so I don't see why you'd need to quit production. Just get home, do your homework, and then do leisure things.
I partially did that during the past session... and I flunk'd 3 courses, as I've said... sorry but I must take my studies in hand.
Sorry all but I must -not- flunk an other damn course. As it is right now, I've maxed the number or courses I could take within the same session to not have a fucking extra session.

None.

Sep 22 2009, 9:04 am TF- Post #449

🤙ðŸ¾

Definitely take care of your university/exams stuff bros, I almost fucked mine up due to too many hobbies (incl. sc mapping) but I recovered.
And don't give up, there's the fabled Winter Break right before the deadline for this contest, there's a good chance of finishing the map then, in fact it's where I've planned to do most of the time-consuming stuff for my map.

🤙ðŸ¾

Sep 22 2009, 9:31 pm lil-Inferno Post #450

Just here for the pie

Contrary to all of these people giving up, I've been making significant progress on my map :). I may or may not make it by the deadline, but one thing's for sure: I AM finishing it. Over a thousand triggers (yes, that may not be a lot to some people *cough Ahli cough* and it's not a lot because I had a long period of lassitude over the summer) and half a map of terrain is too much to give up hope in.

Sep 23 2009, 10:56 pm payne Post #451

Oh! I though the Winter Break was AFTER the deadline!
I may finish this within the deadline then... but it's still unsure.
And again, anyways, I'll finish this a time or an other! :D

None.

Sep 23 2009, 11:06 pm BlueWolf Post #452

Just a reminder, it is extremely important to back up your map files. You could easily lose any and everything. I recommend not saving over the same file every time. Any time you make a big change to your map, make it another version. Just in case something happens to your computer, email the map to yourself occasionally or keep it safe somewhere else externally.

I can't emphasize this enough.

If only I had thought of this when I was working on my map. Partially the reason I quit sc. Something happened to my map, I seriously forgot what, it's been a year btw. I don't have motivation to even open up sc anymore. I want to still be involved in this, but It seems a bit too late to start something like this.

None.

Sep 24 2009, 2:08 am EzTerix Post #453

I'd like to join this :D

The map I'm working on is called Silent Hill: Merciless Dreams (working title so be prepared for changes)
It's not done yet but I'm positive it'll be done before December 31st. I'm also working solo on this project, all me. It's not done yet, but add me on the list till I am. It's an RPG/Adventure/Horror.

So basically add:
- EzTerix - Silent Hill: Merciless Dreams

A little late here, but it's all good ^^

And also here's a link to my project to see when it's done. I'm a total idiot so I'm wondering where we submit our final projects. Do we PM it to you or what @_@

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 24 2009, 2:10 am by EzTerix. Reason: typos

None.

Sep 24 2009, 3:40 am Echo Post #454

I have a 40% chance I might finish it. If I do finish, I don't think I will be able to finish the map as a series. I'll end up making part 1 for this contest and finish 2 and maybe 3 next year. I spend 2 hours on the subway everyday, so I'll try to use that time to write triggers lol.

None.

Sep 24 2009, 5:08 pm Drakiel Post #455

Sign me up! "Shards of Descension" Thanks.

None.

Sep 24 2009, 5:29 pm Kaias Post #456

Quote from Drakiel
Sign me up! "Shards of Descension" Thanks.
Quote from EzTerix
I'd like to join this :D

The map I'm working on is called Silent Hill: Merciless Dreams (working title so be prepared for changes)
It's not done yet but I'm positive it'll be done before December 31st. I'm also working solo on this project, all me. It's not done yet, but add me on the list till I am. It's an RPG/Adventure/Horror.

So basically add:
- EzTerix - Silent Hill: Merciless Dreams

A little late here, but it's all good ^^

And also here's a link to my project to see when it's done.
Both added, welcome to the party.

Quote from EzTerix
I'm a total idiot so I'm wondering where we submit our final projects. Do we PM it to you or what @_@
When you have your absolute final version you can PM it to me. Once the deadline passes I will hunt down latest versions from Production/Showcase threads and pm's, so really it doesn't matter. You can even attach it in this thread if you want.

None.

Sep 26 2009, 9:24 pm Norm Post #457

Kaias can you look over my new map and tell me if it's RPGish enough to be submitted?

None.

Sep 26 2009, 9:53 pm Kaias Post #458

Quote from Norm
Kaias can you look over my new map and tell me if it's RPGish enough to be submitted?
I'm going to have to say yes, it is, or at least can be, but try to make it so that the different things you can do in the map tied to the nice bit of storyline you have going. Once it is done though, if people (the community) decides that it isn't RPGish enough I will listen to them.

None.

Sep 26 2009, 10:05 pm Norm Post #459

Thank you.

None.

Sep 30 2009, 5:26 am stickynote Post #460

I have changed my map name from "Something Old, Something New" to "Battle Grounds".

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 21 22 23 24 25 >
  Back to forum