Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: starcraft2 is to colorfull?
starcraft2 is to colorfull?
Oct 19 2008, 4:31 pm
By: Devourer
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7

May 15 2009, 5:42 am Heinermann Post #121

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

So to NOT note the difference we have to have a perfect vision, a perfect monitor, the perfect image encoding, the perfect monitor view angle and the proper display settings?
That's pretty outstanding and definetely not average, imo.
I'm only suggesting some possible reasons why some people "see" a difference.

May 15 2009, 6:58 pm Biophysicist Post #122

If we can get back on topic, I think I have a fairly interesting solution to the "Too colorful/hard to see anything" problem. What if there was a hotkey that caused all units to be rendered as a neon green (if friendly), bright yellow (if allied/neutral), or hot pink (if enemy) wireframe until the hotkey was pressed again? (Those colors were picked because they should stand out from the terrain pretty well. Except maybe an enemy air unit flying over Ash terrain on Ashworld.) I would find it a lot easier to tell how many zerglings there were (or whatever) if they were pink wireframes.

waddauthink?

None.

May 15 2009, 7:25 pm MadZombie Post #123

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
If we can get back on topic, I think I have a fairly interesting solution to the "Too colorful/hard to see anything" problem. What if there was a hotkey that caused all units to be rendered as a neon green (if friendly), bright yellow (if allied/neutral), or hot pink (if enemy) wireframe until the hotkey was pressed again? (Those colors were picked because they should stand out from the terrain pretty well. Except maybe an enemy air unit flying over Ash terrain on Ashworld.) I would find it a lot easier to tell how many zerglings there were (or whatever) if they were pink wireframes.

waddauthink?
starcraft alpha/beta had out lines over every unit.

None.

May 15 2009, 8:36 pm FlashBeer Post #124

I just had to.

I opened up the picture in Photoshop, stretched the colors across, increased image size to get a closer look, and added arrows to show where the two colors meet.

The right one is lighter. You may need to stare at the colors and allow them to soak in, or adjust your monitor.

None.

May 15 2009, 11:51 pm Syphon Post #125

It's not actually lighter, it's a different hue. The luminosity is the same.

None.

May 16 2009, 5:26 pm Vi3t-X Post #126

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul

waddauthink?
That actually wouldn't be very hard to accomplish. Seems viable and interesting.

None.

May 17 2009, 6:08 am Heinermann Post #127

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Here's the solution: Modding.

May 19 2009, 8:41 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #128

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Syphon
It's not actually lighter, it's a different hue. The luminosity is the same.
The right one seems more "washed out", it looks more white. On the boundary there is a very distinct change in color. When I see them separate I can still tell they are different; as I said, I noticed that before I even read the words.
I'm not bullshitting at all.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 19 2009, 9:42 pm Dungeon-Master Post #129

I do think they changed the unit texture right now. I do not remember where, just google it, but I saw pictures before/after and they now look more zerg-ish and less blocky, and will make my 768 meg RAM computer fwuck up.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7
  Back to forum