Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: SEN Mafia IX
SEN Mafia IX
Oct 13 2008, 6:40 pm
By: Moose
Pages: < 1 « 30 31 32 33 >

Nov 20 2008, 4:13 am Oyen Post #621

Quote from A_of-s_t
Quote from Oyen
I was unsure that lynching A_of-S_t would be a good idea, since I thought he was a pro mafia player. Heck, he was one of the clue writers last game. I assumed he would be one of our best players! Although, I probably should have realized something was up when he survived every night and didn't post many mind-shattering awesome clue interpretations like I expected. :whistle:
Yeah, but you lived as well. I decided with DrunkenNoodle not to hit you (I was actually going to hit you on day two). I believe DrunkenNoodle warned me not to hit you... I'm not sure if it was a collective decision or not.
Well, I'm glad to know the mafia recognized my potential for completely screwing over the town with my interpretations. :bleh:

None.

Nov 20 2008, 4:27 am Vi3t-X Post #622

And you did a damn fine job at it. Damn fine. :lol:

None.

Nov 20 2008, 4:33 am Kaias Post #623

Quote from Oyen
Quote from A_of-s_t
Quote from Oyen
I was unsure that lynching A_of-S_t would be a good idea, since I thought he was a pro mafia player. Heck, he was one of the clue writers last game. I assumed he would be one of our best players! Although, I probably should have realized something was up when he survived every night and didn't post many mind-shattering awesome clue interpretations like I expected. :whistle:
Yeah, but you lived as well. I decided with DrunkenNoodle not to hit you (I was actually going to hit you on day two). I believe DrunkenNoodle warned me not to hit you... I'm not sure if it was a collective decision or not.
Well, I'm glad to know the mafia recognized my potential for completely screwing over the town with my interpretations. :bleh:
That was honestly the determining factor in keeping you alive.

None.

Nov 20 2008, 4:52 am DT_Battlekruser Post #624

Quote from A_of-s_t
Man, I was the only mafia with a target on my head and I still managed to live... thank god that Oyen and DTBK trusted me :P . HAHAHAHA

I what? I never trusted you.

As for the Broadcast message on Day 2 (or whatever), I was just fooling around with the role and seeing what would happen. I hate Nerdy anyway :P

Honestly, though, I think the clues are a little too hard. We've had two straight mafia victories and this one was more or less hopeless for the town. Let up on the less skilled interpreters here and make some easier clues.

None.

Nov 20 2008, 4:54 am Ultraviolet Post #625

I hate Nerdy anyway

Aren't you special? Want a trophy?

Nov 20 2008, 4:58 am Oyen Post #626

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Quote from A_of-s_t
Man, I was the only mafia with a target on my head and I still managed to live... thank god that Oyen and DTBK trusted me :P . HAHAHAHA

I what? I never trusted you.

As for the Broadcast message on Day 2 (or whatever), I was just fooling around with the role and seeing what would happen. I hate Nerdy anyway :P

Honestly, though, I think the clues are a little too hard. We've had two straight mafia victories and this one was more or less hopeless for the town. Let up on the less skilled interpreters here and make some easier clues.
I agree that the clues are too hard. And in this game, with all the extra details and red herrings, I could pretty much randomly pick a player and connect something to him, which is actually what I did most of this game. :lol:
I think next time, I'll pay more attention to the behavior of the players and look for clues against someone acting suspicious.

None.

Nov 20 2008, 5:03 am Dapperdan Post #627

I think the problem was that the clues got changed back to logical. The last game of mafia, moose's clues were much more of a mindfuck. The clues this game were much better distributed, and neatly done, but you guys just didn't know how to look past the walls of text. You were still trying to apply clues about random details from anywhere to the mafia players... which isn't what I do. And moose went with that.

The clues WEREN'T that bad. There is no excuse for not killing deathman or a of s t. If they would have died, you guys could have lived longer, and gradually the clues for the other players (that were harder to make clues for) would have gotten more and more obvious and repitive, allowing you to pick up on patterns. But all of you were simply clueless. There was no clue obvious enough to save you if moose and I wanted to maintain some integrity. :P

None.

Nov 20 2008, 5:07 am Oyen Post #628

Quote from Dapperdan
I think the problem was that the clues got changed back to logical. The last game of mafia, moose's clues were much more of a mindfuck. The clues this game were much better distributed, and neatly done, but you guys just didn't know how to look past the walls of text. You were still trying to apply clues about random details from anywhere to the mafia players... which isn't what I do. And moose went with that.

The clues WEREN'T that bad. There is no excuse for not killing deathman or a of s t. If they would have died, you guys could have lived longer, and gradually the clues for the other players (that were harder to make clues for) would have gotten more and more obvious and repitive, allowing you to pick up on patterns. But all of you were simply clueless. There was no clue obvious enough to save you if moose and I wanted to maintain some integrity. :P
So...does that mean that you agree that the clues for the other four mafia were a bit too difficult for us?

None.

Nov 20 2008, 5:11 am DT_Battlekruser Post #629

Quote from Dapperdan

You have to realize that not everyone in this game is as intelligent as you, Dan. And some of us were too busy to spend hours peering past walls of anything other than sonnets.

None.

Nov 20 2008, 5:13 am Dapperdan Post #630

Quote from Oyen
Quote from Dapperdan

So...does that mean that you agree that the clues for the other four mafia were a bit too difficult for us?

Only because you suck. You seemed to pick out a lot of other people's random topics... but not that parasite one. You can't just randomly pick and choose who you're going to look deeply into as a mafia suspect. All or nothing bitches.

Also the FlyingHat clue was REALLY solid, and was only going to get more solid. Plus you guys just randomly ignored all the flying references I made that weren't even supposed to be clues on day 1 (I was still breaking back into clue writing) ... yet picked out all kinds of other superflous information very easily.

None.

Nov 20 2008, 5:14 am Moose Post #631

We live in a society.

Quote from Oyen
And in this game, with all the extra details and red herrings
Here, try this on for size. I've tried to avoid red herrings as much as possible:
The night began after sunset. Though the town slept, beings were still performing activities at this time. Oyen may or may not have been in the spot normally designated as his dwelling. He then encountered a member of mafia, though how exactly they came together is unclear. Unfortunately for Oyen, the mafia member was in posession of a nondescript item that can be used for killing. He, she, or it used the aforementioned item in an attempt to inflict harm upon Oyen. However, Oyen was unharmed, though it is unclear exactly how this transpired. "It is notable that I have not yet met with success in injuring or killing you" the mafia member expressed through oral communication, though is it not known what particular emotions he, she or it was experiencing at this particular moment. The mafia member's second attempt was successful. It is not known whether Oyen was killed instantly or died over time between this time and day, but his body was discovered in the morning.

Nov 20 2008, 5:16 am Dapperdan Post #632

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Quote from Dapperdan

You have to realize that not everyone in this game is as intelligent as you, Dan. And some of us were too busy to spend hours peering past walls of anything other than sonnets.

Disregarding your hyperbole, people know what they signed up for. I don't mind if people are too busy to play (although, they should probably just not sign up in this case) consistently, but even the people who tried to still failed to pick out what was a worthy clue and what was superflous. I don't see your argument here.

None.

Nov 20 2008, 5:47 am Kaias Post #633

Shocko should've died as well. If anyone payed attention to that thread at all, he would've been so boned.

None.

Nov 20 2008, 5:48 am FatalException Post #634

I don't think the problem was that the clues were too hard this game, I think the problem was that they were too hard last game, and they got really dumbed down this time. Did you notice how many times people said, "... but that's too obvious, so Moose wouldn't do that"?

None.

Nov 20 2008, 5:49 am WoAHorde Post #635

Let up on the less skilled interpreters here and make some easier clues.

Well, you and I were dead, A of st was Mafia, and Dapperdan was a clue writer. It was pretty much hopeless from the start. :P

None.

Nov 20 2008, 5:57 am Ultraviolet Post #636

Quote from WoAHorde
Let up on the less skilled interpreters here and make some easier clues.

Well, you and I were dead, A of st was Mafia, and Dapperdan was a clue writer. It was pretty much hopeless from the start. :P

I haven't seen either of you make any interpretations in ages (not saying I have either), so don't go glorifying yourself.

Nov 20 2008, 6:07 am DT_Battlekruser Post #637

consistently, but even the people who tried to still failed to pick out what was a worthy clue and what was superflous. I don't see your argument here.

I'm arguing that to be a good clue writer, you have to tool clues to have a given percent chance of being interpreted correctly in the environment of people playing. Saying "well you're all just too stupid" may even be accurate, but it doesn't make the game fun. People sign up for a game they can actually occasionally take a stab at.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 20 2008, 3:34 pm by DT_Battlekruser.

None.

Nov 20 2008, 11:20 am InsolubleFluff Post #638

Okay so even after the mafia has been revealed still nobody cared to mention me. Might I mention to you all, my tactic behind this game was that I was too busy to play, i only read one night clues this whole game, and have missed about 40 pages worth of clue interpretations, I just skimmed looking for my name and if somebody had found something they'd of been getting a huge rebuttle :P!

May I also appologize to the many people i so sneakishly deceived.

I cannot remember who I hit, but this is who i think i hit...~

Night 1: FatalException
Night 2: ReindeerBreeder (dodged)
Night 3: ToA
Night 2 (Alternative): Payne (haha couldn't dodge xD)

For the record, i don't plan to use moving to England as my alibi next game, so if I do mention something about my moving, or my car crash or anthing alike, it is legitimate spam and I may not be mafia :P!

None.

Nov 20 2008, 5:35 pm Fisty Post #639

:( speaking of alibis, I can't use the "Moose wouldn't give an idiot a mafia role" anymore. Damn, good to have while it lasted though.

None.

Nov 20 2008, 8:09 pm payne Post #640

:payne:

Me did no right clue interpretation :'(
Me suck :(
@Shocko: I had just forgotten to dodge, lol. Lucky you!

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 30 31 32 33 >
  Back to forum