Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: SEN Mafia IX
SEN Mafia IX
Oct 13 2008, 6:40 pm
By: Moose
Pages: < 1 « 29 30 31 32 33 >

Nov 20 2008, 12:39 am Moose Post #601

We live in a society.

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
If the game is over, can you take down the "mafia lock" please Moose? Kthxbai.
Done.

Nov 20 2008, 1:20 am Oyen Post #602

Wow, no way I would have thought of connecting that killer to DrunkenNoodle based off drunken behavior. :-_-:
I do recall looking at deathman's profile and thinking for a moment that the placing bodies in a pile might have related to his title, but it didn't seem to match. I would have never thought of the throwing bodies in a pile as representing the opposite of his title....

None.

Nov 20 2008, 1:48 am Fisty Post #603

:wtfage: Kaias, maybe you could have told us about your realization of Zycorax.

All in all, I have to say, I had a lot of fun as mafia (first time :P). Deceiving people never has and will never cease to amuse me. However, I found that the town was basically a herd of sheep this game, so I was slightly disappointed by the lack of competition compared to the Maplantis mafia games (gooood times). All in all though I think this game really helped prepare me for future games, seeing how the other side plays...having Dapperdan show his clues also greatly helped me, and will probably allow my future interpretations to be slightly less painful and obnoxious.

One thing I have to say though, is thank you to Moose and Dapperdan. The time and thought you must put into this game is something I know I could never do. And the sheer detail in every day post is amazing considering your time restraints...

None.

Nov 20 2008, 2:04 am Biophysicist Post #604

I hope I'm Mafia next game...

And for some reason beyond my comprehension, I can post on SEN on my PDA for some reason now, so expect much moar activity from me next game. The shoutbox still hates my pda tho...

None.

Nov 20 2008, 2:13 am Vi3t-X Post #605

Quote from Dapperdan
Everything big starts with something little, of small importance, of ultimate insignificance. This story starts, or, at least for our purposes, with a man walking into a room at a poor time of day. Dapperdan sat down in his creaky chair and laid his head on his desk. It was mid-day outside. The sun shined through the window. But to Dapperdan it was midnight. Long coming tears streamed out of his eyes and over his cheeks, forming little puddles that were of epic proportions. He wanted to sleep. But he didn't want to move. Everywhere he went in his house reminded him of how miserable his existence was. This desk was the only thing he had left to his name. He was a well-respected member of the community, but no one had been inside his vacant hell of a house for more than a week, and they did not realize the torment that he was internalizing. At the point where he was choking on his tears, he finally lifted his head up from the desk that was clearly not a worthy pillow. He saw emtpy cardboard boxes that spelled "ELIGARF" on them and thought of his heart. He could hear it beating consistently slow in his chest within his dead silent room. He remembered all the important things that those boxes used to contain. Back at the time when he moved in to this hole in the wall on the side of the road by a ditch and a well. Everything was a joke to him now. He screamed aloud, "WHY DID THIS HAPPEN TO ME?", and again "WHY DID SHE DO THIS TO ME?" He began to suffocate with the heavy convulsions in his tears, as he had little time to breath between his yelps. Then he heard the front door open slowly. He heard her keys jingle the way they always did. His heart was restored with hope and love for a long moment. He simply waited for the confirmation of her beautiful face to let him know that he hadn't gone crazy. He could hear the footsteps approaching his room. He wondered why she knew which room he was in . . . he had moved the desk from where she had last seen it . . .

Sounds like we have a SECRET LOVER (A of s t's title --> "Master of Temptation, Ruler of Aeronotics, and Secret Lover") on our hands. A of s t was the one that walked in and killed Dapperdan. Greo pointed out this clue on day 1, but it got completely ignored. Even by Greo.

Dapperdan lived in the North Eastern part of Europe for approximately twelve years before his inevitable death. Before he took residence here, he lived on the other side of the world. It was in a little nook in Alaska. Completely removed from typical society. The scenery there is reminscent of Mary Shelley's descriptions of nature in the book Frankenstein. The natural beauty is remarkable. The lake glistening from a sun penetrating through a lightly clouded blue sky, with towering white-capped mountains scattering the background. There really shouldn't be people tucked into the forests there. But there are. Mini Moose 2707 developed a residence there to perform his experiments about eighteen years ago now. You might say he was some type of demented scientist. Some people would use the word "brilliant" or "genius" when speaking of him but those people are fooling themselves. Mini Moose 2707 was a brutally sadistic man. He went to incredible lengths to perform his experiments and achieve his goals. He recruited many people to his cause, and eventually, a community was developed. Mini Moose 2707 was a terribly powerful speaker, and he could lead the people at his whims with little difficulty. Everytime someone went missing, it was merely a sign that they were done with their testing and had flown out of town. From an airport that didn't exist. No one could consider the idea that an experimental accident of fatal consequences had occured. Mini Moose 2707 was a man that did well to appear respectable and innocent.

In Deathman's signature it mentioned his playing time for "Call of Duty 4" when this clue was written. The Call of Duty 4 storyline begins with "Sergeant "Soap" MacTavish, Captain Price, "Gaz," and a small group of other SAS members infiltrating a cargo ship with Estonian registration numbers in the Bering Sea". It was a crappy clue... more importantly was the Deathman has a variable signature due to it being from a profile at a gaming site.

Flyinghat is player 12. Deathman and Shocko are players 18 and 19.

Mini Moose 2707 never stopped the search for Dapperdan ever since his escape. The one person he cared about in life was out there somewhere and he had hope with that. He did not lose that hope, nor find Dapperdan until after his murder. With this death, it was easy to find his name in the obituarities. Obituaries that Dapperdan had always intended Mini Moose 2707 to find. This prompted him to leave on a non-work related issue for the first time since he had arrived all those years ago. He was to attend Dapperdan's funeral. Fortunately or Unfortunately, Mini Moose 2707 never reached his destination. His plane crashed over the Atlantic Ocean and he will never be seen again. And what happened to the wasted village of Mini Moose 2707's creation since his death? This is the more gruesome part of the story. Without a leader, the fantastical and sadistic townspeople grew more and more anxious. They became like members of a cult without a purpose. And then a purpose found them. It would becomely increasingly clear that the deaths of Dapperdan and Mini Moose 2707 were not coincidences. It was all part of an elaborate plan. The likeness of Mafia seeped their way into the town and they had a cruel game to play. It started last night. With the terrible deaths of Corbo and Devilesk. Their rotting bodies lie in the middle of their civilation like beacons calling for something to be done.

There were actually no clues here, but in retrospect, I'm surprised no one figured FlyingHat or A of s t (due to his title) to be mafia, due to the circumstance's of moose's death.

All in all, day 1 was pretty clue barren, but I do think the 'secret lover' clue was rather strong and rather clearly made so that anyone could have intrepreted it and lynched a of s t.

Omginbd stared out the pane glass window from his humble abode with unwavering attention. It rained heavily outside, and he stared through the drops as they rolled slowly down the window's glass. The blurry image the omginbd could see was of the three body's that had so far fallen victim to the mafia's cruel game. Their bodies rotted and eroded under the pouring and pattering rain. Omginbd wondered why nothing had been done with the bodies. He wondered why they had not been properly buried. He asked himself aloud, "Is everyone in this godforsaken place so cold and corrupt?" He paused. "Now I'm talking to myself. Look what this world has done to me!"

He turned away from the heartless portrait that his window was hanging on his wall for a moment in an attempt to regain his senses. He felt like tonight was last night to live, yet all he was doing was sitting here, waiting. Staring at dead bodies through rainy eyes. He rationalized to himself aloud again, gradually speaking quieter and faster alike, "Your home is secure. That's why you're just staying put. There's nothing wrong with what you're doing. You'll be alright if you stay." He could hardly convince himself with the argument. He turned back to the window and was taken aback by what he saw. The window had been fogged, and the letters "S E Y" were written into it. As he watched them begin to entirely fade away, he took a moment to wonder what it meant. Then he realized that it was an answer to his question. He was now certain that he was a target tonight. A dead man that was cheating life with every second.

He stared deeper into the window again, looking to the outside, where he could make out a man standing by the three abandoned bodies. He ran to his door on the other side of the house and swung it open violently, unleashing himself onto the rainy night, deteremined to do something. And momentarily, he was subdued by a bullet straight to the head of the man waiting for him

Sounds to me like omginbd was TEMPTED to go outside... by a master of temptation. Very cut and dry clues, people. Both the writing in the window, and the bodies placed in the middle of town, etc. acted as things that tempted omginbd to leave his house.

Phobos stood over the three bodies in the middle of the broken society, as if on an active fault line. He stood over the tattered and muddled bodies without a clue as to what he wanted to do. He gazed over the blood and used his blocked his sense of olfaction to reduce the stench. He leaned over closer and searched for a sense of consistentsy in the deaths -- a common thread. Waiting for a eureka moment to find him. But it wasn't coming, and it was only getting later. He stepped over the bodies and began his slow walk home. It was then that a voice echoed from behind him, "Like what I've done with the place?" Phobos did not bother to turn around. He simply fell backwards and added himself to the heap of death. Subsequently taking the rapid fire shots that made the thing official.

Sounds like someone put a good amount of effort into making a mess. Deathman101's title is "Organized people are just lazy." This will be a recurring theme.

As the fates of both good men and bad men carried out their courses in a dark and twisted night, WoAHorde slept. He did not toss. He did not turn. He silently waited for his shining moment. Then it was interrupted. He heard a crash from his basement and jolted up from his cozy bed. He could hear someone sprinting up the stairs. He opened up his window, the rain now splashing in, and looked down, considering the prospects of making the two and half story jump. Then he heard the cellar door open accompanied by the smashing of glass. He was tempted to go and see what had happened, but he knew that was not the right decision. He began to hear a hideous cackle coming closer to him and forced himself to make the leap to the earth below. WoAHorde slowly gathered himself back to his feet, and began to limp away; making his best attempt to jog. A thud of similar sound to his own followed shortly there after, but there was no scream in pain like he had given. The footsteps then began to follow as well, their sound coming closer and closer, until WoAHorde was finally tackled from behind.

A scuffle began to ensue until WoAHorde was cut over the cheek by a piece of glass that his reaper had carried along with him. WoAHorde quickly changed his body language from resistant to pleading, as the sharp glass was slowly placed underneath his neck. The unshameful killer then came in closer and licked the blood from WoAHorde's wound. He took some time to pant and then recited, as if it were a quote of Shakespeare, "Delectable". Swiftly, the throat of WoAHorde was slashed, and the night had reached its end.

DrunkenNoodle is the killer here. All the bolded are describing that the person killing WoA is drunk. The licking of the blood is like, me showing him drinking liquid... like, he gets drunk from the blood. Then the last bolded is making a reference to his signature: "Godot" is a play.

Greo walked down a dirt path along the edge of the woods considering all his options. Periodically staring deep into the darkness. Wondering if there was anyway to survive anywhere. He stopped in his tracks with the thought. Looking up the moon, his only source of light, he spoke to himself, "The only safe place on this earth for me is the moon. And I'll never be there." Too aware of the pathetic outlook he held, he continued to stride home. It had been a long walk already and he was glad to finally be on the second half of the round trip. He thought that perhaps with sleep and a sunrise he would feel better about life.

Seeing his house in the distance, a loud crash pierced the air. He located that it came from the woods. He darted towards his house now, without considering the idea of entering the woods any further. Then he heard a shrill and a shriek. Someone was in pain. He stopped. He needed to think about it this very clearly. But there was no lucidity to be found within his tumultous head. Gazing into the nothingness of the deep wood, he heard a gunshot. He needed a closer look. Stepping a few feet into the woods, Greo was never to come back. The last that was ever seen of him was his heel as it left the last bit of moonlight and delved into the pitch black woods.

This is the Greo death before moose added Hitkor to it. The idea is that Greo is tempted to go into the woods by A of s t. I feel like the addition of hitkor to this part did kind of muddle the temptation clue.

Brontobyte played solitaire at his kitchen table, with only the illumination of a flashlight aiding his eyes. He enjoyed the game even as he lost, showing his strange mannerisms. However, enjoying a losing game of solitaire was far from Brontobyte's most curious lifestyle change. All of his ground floor windows were open. Both his front and back doors were wide open. He welcomed his killers and accepted the inevitable death that was to come. The mafia were good at what they did and man of such feeble aggression of himself would not stand a chance. Shuffling up the cards for another game, the interruption he had been anticipating came. He heard a man tumbling down the stairs to the floor level that he was on.

The man was tumbling down the stairs because he was drunk.

A look of deep thought came to Brontobyte's face as he stood up from his seat. He looked at the window and noticed a ladder that peaked at his attic window. He could see the shattered glass remnants laying over his lawn and within the window frame. He turned back towards the singing he began to hear, "To-ra-lo-la-lo-ra". He saw a shadow limping towards him. Brontobyte thought he would be afraid when this moment finally came. But he wasn't. How could he be afraid of such a man? Nothing of him reeked of mafia. Until a bullet wizzed passed his head and lodged in the wall behind him. "Ahaha, excuse my aim, good sir."

For one, the mafia is taking the time to go through the attic for no reason is because they're drunk off their ass. Secondly, anyone whose ever seen Boondocks Saints might know that Detective Greenly impersonates a couple of drunk guys singing "To-ra-lo-la-lo-ra" early on in the movie.

Brontobyte sprinted away, but took a bullet in the right calf just as he exited his backdoor, tumbling into the broken glass that had fallen from the attic window. The shadow of a man turned the kitchen lights on and began again to speak, "I've been waiting for you to dog out like this." The bloody victim crawled as fast as he could away from the voice all the while. "I still don't understand though. How could you dare disrespect me like this?" His voice began to bellow. He fired another shot that found its residence in Brontobyte's left foot. He bent down and pressed his hand in the blood that had splattered over the kitchen tiles. Licking it off his fingers slowly as he exited the chilly abode, picking up a sharp piece of glass in stride with his other hand. He watched sadistically as Brontobyte attempted to stand, and gave his commentary for the night, "You see, perhaps if you were not so rude to me it wouldn't have had to been this way. I wouldn't have allowed your blood to be so beautifully scattered about the tiles and blades. It could have been neat. But no, your incessant optimism --" he paused. "It's just not fitting around here. It needs to be effectively punished." Standing over Brontobyte's back, he dug the piece of glass into his shoulder, and dragged it down and over his back slowly. The blood spurting onto the murderer's face, the licked his lips and slurred through red teeth, "Delectable".

More drinking/getting drunk from blood. More importantly though, is the "slurred" line. Drunk people "slur" when they talk.

As the night nears its end, the killing is not yet complete. As night fades into light, the last victim is dragged by one hand to the center of the town. Hug a Zergling moans incoherently, "Why me, you, you did this, to me? Why me?"
"Shutup. You should appreciate the work that went into this. You ungrateful idiot." The mafia lifts his limp victim over his shoulder and hurls him into the pile of bodies. He makes a slow walk to a car parked nearby and starts it up. "Time to fix this place up!" Accelerating full bore, he piledrives the car through the heap of corpses.

More of Deathman putting a lot of effort/work into making a mess out of things. A clue based on his title.

Toa gets up and begins slowly walking down his staircase, prepared to walk to his death in the kitchen. Then he hears another bullet, but this time he sees it. He sees it as it shatters the glass in his front window. And suddenly his mind changes. Toa bolts back up the stairs and continues to ascend all the way to his attic. Unsure of himself, he recklessly rummages through old things in search of a proper weapon. In the meantime, his killer slowly stumbles up the steps en route.

The drunken killer slowly stumbles up the stairs... other than that, you may also notice the consistently shotty aim of DrunkenNoodle in all of his killings.

"Come out come out wherever you are," the mafia whispers, "come out come out wherever you are. I don't bite -- that much I promise." The sadistic killer did his best to be seductive with his words. At last, the killer enters into the attic and attempts to scan the area. He holds a gun in one hand and a brown paper bag in the other. Meanwhile, Toa hides behind some old boxes in a dark corner with baseball bat in hand, preparing to pounce. As the mafia begins to speak again, Toa charges, "Come on, I'm not as--" and squarely lands a shot to his attempted murderers back, which sends the man tumbling forward before he eventually lays flat on his back looking up. "That was good, my friend. But I feel nothing --" Toa powers another shot to the belly, and now takes his turn to speak.

He doesn't bite, he drinks. The paper bag is what he's keeping a bottle of liquid in... because he's an alcoholic drunkard. Then also another attempt to reference the deadened senses of a drunk person.

"Listen boy, there's no need to put up such a fight. Really, it's a matter of little consequence," he spat out blood as he spoke, "You see -- no, you don't, do you?" The murderer stands to his feet rapidly before falling backwards out of the way of a wild swing from Toa. Toa proceeds to slip over a paper bag that the mafia had just dropped in the process and falls straight back, landing on his head. The mafia stands back up now and begins to speak, "Well there we have it," and he takes a big gulp of his own blood that was forming in his mouth. He picks up his gun as Toa lays dizzy on the floor and places it against Toa's head. "You should be extra delectable, my friend," he smiles and pulls the trigger.

The reason slipping over the bag is plausable is because there's a bottle in it... otherwise he wouldn't slip. Also more drinking blood.

Nerdyterdy starts up his car in his driveway, prepared for a trip into the woods. He's fairly certain that he's found a clear path out of town. Well he was soon to find out exactly how clear. As his car lurches into the woods, several bumps begin to dissuade him from traveling further. He parks the car where it stands and gets out. He turns on a flashlight and quickly sees bodies scattered arbitrarily about the path. Someone clearly knew what he had been up to. And they had put a lot of time into making a mess of his plans. Nerdy quickly hopped back into his car and put it in reverse, speeding back over the pancaked bodies, but in his rush, the car loses control and swerves into a tree. He turns his flashlight on in a daze and sees a man staring at him through the windshield. Unrelenting gunfire follows and NerdyTerdy never sees the light again.

More big-time references to Deathman101's title. I feel like if anyone was actually trying to find clues diligently this was a very clear clue that could have been found. The Deathman101 and A of s t clues seemed to easily be strong enough for a smart town to notice... but so much for that. Instead there were A LOT of clue intrepretations being thrown around that were just flat out absurd and it was very painful to watch.

As a side note: I'm not too proud of the Drunken clue's (although I am of the writing, because I had fun making epic deaths with Drunkenoodle), but I have to say, he was not easy to write clues for at all. It was originally going to moose's job to do it but he didn't have anything... so I just went with 'drunken' clues when I did them.

I pointed several of those clues out. Unfortunately character space raped my ability to interpret further clues. :bleh:

None.

Nov 20 2008, 3:03 am Moose Post #606

We live in a society.

Vi3t-X, there is no way you can post that gigantic quote and say the character limit prevented your clue interpretations. Your clue interpretations didn't come anywhere close to the number of characters you just posted, unless you hit the limit and decided not to post any of your work for some reason.

Quote from name:Deathman101
Strategically speaking, there's no point focusing a bunch of hits if you aren't sure. The single hit was a good idea, provided he told you guys after the fact.

However, I found that the town was basically a herd of sheep this game
Did you see last game? :P

One thing I have to say though, is thank you to Moose and Dapperdan. The time and thought you must put into this game is something I know I could never do. And the sheer detail in every day post is amazing considering your time restraints...
Thank you. :)

Nov 20 2008, 3:04 am Vi3t-X Post #607

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Vi3t-X, there is no way you can post that gigantic quote and say the character limit prevented your clue interpretations. You didn't come anywhere close to the number of characters in that quote.

Shh, they don't need to know that. :P

None.

Nov 20 2008, 3:06 am Moose Post #608

We live in a society.

Sorry, I just had to post because I can't stop sneezing. I'm allergic to bullshit.

Nov 20 2008, 3:12 am Vi3t-X Post #609

Well thats just harsh. :-(

None.

Nov 20 2008, 3:13 am Moose Post #610

We live in a society.

At least you didn't sneeze. ;)

Nov 20 2008, 3:30 am A_of-s_t Post #611

aka idmontie

Man, I was the only mafia with a target on my head and I still managed to live... thank god that Oyen and DTBK trusted me :P . HAHAHAHA

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Nov 20 2008, 3:35 am Vi3t-X Post #612

The Broadcaster was fooled? :omfg:

None.

Nov 20 2008, 3:45 am Moose Post #613

We live in a society.

Quote from A_of-s_t
Man, I was the only mafia with a target on my head and I still managed to live... thank god that Oyen and DTBK trusted me :P . HAHAHAHA
Actually, Brontobyte "correctly" voted FlyingHat. Not that he posted any sort of valid interpretation to go with it.

Nov 20 2008, 3:45 am WoAHorde Post #614

Quote from A_of-s_t

You killed me off the first round, and got DTBK shortly after. :(

None.

Nov 20 2008, 3:58 am A_of-s_t Post #615

aka idmontie

Quote from WoAHorde
Quote from A_of-s_t

You killed me off the first round, and got DTBK shortly after. :(
Technically, there was a triple hit on DTBK if I recall correctly...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 20 2008, 4:05 am by A_of-s_t.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Nov 20 2008, 4:02 am Biophysicist Post #616

I just realized that if I'm Mafia my new sig would be really easy for Moose to write clues about. Do you think I should change it?

None.

Nov 20 2008, 4:05 am Oyen Post #617

I was unsure that lynching A_of-S_t would be a good idea, since I thought he was a pro mafia player. Heck, he was one of the clue writers last game. I assumed he would be one of our best players! Although, I probably should have realized something was up when he survived every night and didn't post many mind-shattering awesome clue interpretations like I expected. :whistle:

None.

Nov 20 2008, 4:08 am Kaias Post #618

All in all, I have to say, I had a lot of fun as mafia (first time :P). Deceiving people never has and will never cease to amuse me. However, I found that the town was basically a herd of sheep this game, so I was slightly disappointed by the lack of competition compared to the Maplantis mafia games (gooood times). All in all though I think this game really helped prepare me for future games, seeing how the other side plays...having Dapperdan show his clues also greatly helped me, and will probably allow my future interpretations to be slightly less painful and obnoxious.

I did tell you guys. Of course I didn't know for sure because I couldn't, but I told you all I thought it was Zycorax. That's why I clearly tried to steer you guys from Oyen to Zycorax.

Overall it was a fun game. I wasn't really under any scrutiny though I did my best to minimize suspicion on Hat in the beginning and Deathman later on, and distract from Aofst.

None.

Nov 20 2008, 4:08 am A_of-s_t Post #619

aka idmontie

Quote from Oyen
I was unsure that lynching A_of-S_t would be a good idea, since I thought he was a pro mafia player. Heck, he was one of the clue writers last game. I assumed he would be one of our best players! Although, I probably should have realized something was up when he survived every night and didn't post many mind-shattering awesome clue interpretations like I expected. :whistle:
Yeah, but you lived as well. I decided with DrunkenNoodle not to hit you (I was actually going to hit you on day two). I believe DrunkenNoodle warned me not to hit you... I'm not sure if it was a collective decision or not.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Nov 20 2008, 4:10 am Vi3t-X Post #620

I made sure if I was Mafia, I had many clues. ^^

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 29 30 31 32 33 >
  Back to forum