Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: SEN Mafia IX
SEN Mafia IX
Oct 13 2008, 6:40 pm
By: Moose
Pages: < 1 « 31 32 33

Nov 20 2008, 8:22 pm InsolubleFluff Post #641

Special roles could not dodge, that's why i targeted you :)

None.

Nov 20 2008, 11:47 pm payne Post #642

:payne:

Oh wait, I couldn't even dodge? O_O
Gay! :(

None.

Nov 21 2008, 12:04 am Riney Post #643

Thigh high affectionado

I never even used my dodge

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Nov 21 2008, 12:50 am Biophysicist Post #644

That's why Moose said he's going to put "Seriously people, PLEASE FUCKING DODGE" everywhere in the next game in big obnoxious font. It seems to be a very underrated and underused power. When the atmospheric noise makes me a regular townie again next game, I'm going to use Dodge more.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 21 2008, 12:52 am by TassadarZeratul. Reason: I fail at spelling

None.

Nov 21 2008, 12:52 am A_of-s_t Post #645

aka idmontie

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
That's why Moose said he's going to put "Seriously people, PLEASE FUCKIND DODGE" everywhere in the next game in big obnoxious font. It seems to be a very underrated and underused power. When the atmospheric noise makes me a regular townie again next game, I'm going to use Dodge more.
You can't use dodge "more." You can only actually USE IT.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Nov 21 2008, 1:06 am Biophysicist Post #646

That's what I meant, sorry. I meant that I would actually use it as opposed to not using it. Which would actually be using it more... 1 time is more than 0 times.

None.

Nov 21 2008, 1:59 am EzDay281 Post #647

You can't use dodge "more." You can only actually USE IT.
Been arguing with the Mad Hatter again, have we?

Otherwise speaking, one does have multiple dodges - only, they're spread out across multiple games. One who dodges every game is dodging more than one who definitely never dodges.

None.

Nov 21 2008, 9:57 am InsolubleFluff Post #648

I guess the key to dodging would be once you think you've pissed off the mafia and they want you lynched then you dodge...

So say you've pointed out lots of clues and almost positive the person is mafia but by chance townies are being pricks and vote for somebody of actual significance (that sums up this game) then you dodge that night... i mean even if they know you will dodge, atleast you get an extra day to live...

None.

Nov 26 2008, 12:50 am Kaias Post #649

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Quote from "Day 2"
Ever since the first murders had taken place, HailFire diligently worked on transforming his home into a miniature fortress. The windows are boarded up and painted shut. The doors are locked and barricaded. He even spreads fast drying cement on the floor to prevent any sort of tunnel or underground entry. HailFire is a smart man and spares no expense in preparing to survive this night. Nobody gets in. Nobody gets out. Yes. North, south, east, west, and down are all covered. However, there is one flaw in his security system that he has overlooked. The one the mafia would be using to strike him down tonight.

HailFire sleeps comfortably, enjoying the rain. Little does he know that the mafia are preparing to exploit his defenses. He cannot exactly see what comes through his roof, but can definitely hear it. It plunges into his house, straight through the roof, the floor, and is stopped by the cement and foundation of his home. HailFire contemplates the moonlight and the rain now entering his room for a split second, and then tries to make a run for it. As he leaves his room, he hears a man running up the stairs from his basement. HailFire is desperately trying to remove the barricade from his front door as the man enters the room. The door is finally clear. As HailFire undoes the chain on his door and inserts the key for his deadbolt lock, the man pulls the trigger. The door is painted with the blood of HailFire as he is shot in the back.
Uh oh, the ODST Kaias has come through HailFire's roof.
What I find funny is how someone linked this to brontobyte
Quote from "Day 2"
Echo is walking down the street and sees a man standing on the corner. Which, of course, is otherwise ordinary. The man is wearing a suit and tie. Which, too, is otherwise uninteresting. Echo, however, notices something about him and it catches his eye. It is as if he had seen this particular gentleman before. Echo has, indeed, seen this gentlemen before. Of course, this still seems quite mundane. However, the extraordinary thing about this was that for Echo, it shouldn't be possible that he is able to see this particular man. Echo walks closer to get a better look. The man looks in Echo's direction briefly, but does not move. Echo needs to know if this man is indeed who he thinks he is. The man is indifferent to EcHo's approach and puts his hands in his pockets. At point blank range, Echo looks at the man's face to confirm his suspicions. The man turns and faces Echo. Very similar. But not quite there. The man pulls a gun out of his jacket and shoots Echo in the head and walks away.
The familiar person is Dapperdan. The person who has an avatar similar to his is FlyingHat.
I didn't catch the whole similarity thing and am almost ashamed for not. I had even thought about how similar their avatars are but I never made the connection within the game.

Quote from "Day 2"
"I am not yet strong, but you... you shall make me strong." FatalException in his mind is still trying to unravel the chain of events that got him to be here as the mafia said those words, looking into his eyes. He strains against the rope and duct tape binding him to the chair, but cannot break his bonds. "Let us begin," smiles his captor. His captors lays his hands on FatalException's shoulders. FatalException screams in agony as his life is drained out of him. The mafia laughs and continues until FatalException is on the edge of unconsciousness. His head hangs low in the chair as he struggles to breathe.

The mafia man then does something unexpected. He releases FatalException's bonds. "You are free to go... if you can." The mafia laughs quietly to himself. FatalException looks at his arms. No more restraints. He looks at his free hands. He notices that they are bleeding for some reason. He rose from the chair. Slowly. It was difficult. Ordinarily, FatalException could run several miles and barely break a sweat. But for some reason, tonight was different. It took a monumental effort merely to stand. Just to breathe. The mafia man is delighted as FatalException falls over and his head hits the ground. "What have you done to me?" asks FatalException in a weak and dying voice. "Something like this" grins the mafia as he lays hands upon FatalException once more and takes his life from him.
Shocko is such a parasite, I even gave the bleeding hands and everything.
This one was so obvious, I can't believe no one saw it. People were even specifically looking at threads people had made for evidence.

Quote from "Day 3"
NerdyTerdy is driving his car, heading home for the night. Unfortunately, the mafia had bugged his car and it starts to malfunction. The car begins to sputter and black smoke comes out from under the hood as he cruises down 75th Street. NerdyTerdy pulls over and opens the hood. He gets out of the car to investigate the car's problem. Upon lifting the hood, thick black smoke from the vehicle begins to fill the air. He realizes that someone is next to him. In the cover of the smoke, he cannot see exactly who it was. The face seems like it might be familiar. "Is that you?" asks NerdyTerdy. The person next to him replies only by stabbing NerdyTerdy in the chest and again in the throat, leaving him for dead against his car.
Dapperdan is still the familiar face and FlyingHat has the similar avatar. 75th street was chosen because Dapperdan's MID is 75.
Once again, same thing. The 75 was a nice snippet. I suggest using these a little more in the future.

Quote from "Day 3"
After an hour, Darkling walks by the scene and sees a corpse up against a still smoking car. From the opposite direction, another man walks towards the car to join the investigation. They meet by the car and examine the body. Darkling checks the body for a pulse, but finds none. "Holy shit, he's dead!" says Darkling to the man next to him. The man's left arm mutates into a submachine gun pointed at Darkling. "NO U" he says, filling Darkling with bullets.
Mutate was a key word, as Zycorax himself pointed out. Good thing that got buried under the rug, right? I even used the SMG to point at Zycorax (in his battle.net name), which was a reused clue from when he was mafia last game.
I actually noticed this, which furthered my belief that Zycorax was our radioactive

Quote from "Day 3"
Greo walks down a dirt path along the edge of the woods with Hitok1r1, considering all the options. Periodically, Greo stares deep into the darkness. He wonders if there is anyway to survive anywhere. He stops in his tracks with the thought and looks at Hitok1r1. Looking up the moon, their only source of light, he muses, "The only safe place on this earth for me is the moon. And I'll never be there." Hitok1r1 is not quite sure how to respond to such a thing. They are aware of their pathetic outlook and continue to stride towards Greo's house.

It had been a long walk already and they were glad to finally be on the second half of the round trip. Perhaps sleep and a sunrise would help them feel better about life.

Seeing Greo's house in the distance, they hear a loud crash from woods. Something has made touchdown on the forest floor. The first impulse is to run, and they dart towards the house now, dismissing the idea of entering the woods. Greo hears a shrill and a shriek. Hitok1r1 has disappeared. Hitok1r1 is in pain. Greo stops. "Run, Greo, save yourself!" yells Hitok1r1 in the distance. Greo needs to think about this very clearly. But there is no lucidity to be found within his tumultous head.

Gazing into the nothingness of the deep wood, Greo hears the firing of an automatic weapon. He knows that Hitok1r1 has just been killed.
This was originally a death for just Greo which Dapperdan wrote. I changed it to have ODST Kaias crashing into the woods and killing Hitok1r1. Dapperdan will have to explain the Greo part.
Another reference I caught. Fortunately no one seemed to look too much into the origin of my avatar, they knew it was Halo but they never bothered to dig passed that.

Quote from "Day 3.1
Lots of radio equipment. A few telephones. Some computers. Some speakers, a lot of wire. Broadcast is a busy man, always working to make sure his message is heard. Likewise, the mafia is working against him to make sure he doesn't expose them. The Broadcast was now fiddling with his tapes, making sure his recording was on there.

He removes the tape and finds it was ripped in half by the device. 75 feet of recording tape ruined. "Confound it, this thing is broken! I can't do it all alone!" he yells in frustration to no one in particular. "Perhaps I can be of assistance" answers a voice. Broadcast turns around and sees a seemingly familiar person behind him. A person that he thought was dead. "How did you get in here?" demands the Broadcast. He is answered by a new voice behind him. "Perhaps you should be more concerned with getting out." Broadcast is baffled by how these two have gotten into the room.

They drew guns and pointed them at the Broadcast. "You are certainly an interesting man with powerful influence." says the first man. "Yes, we cannot deny the power you have over this town. But we don't so much agree with your... programming selection." continues the second. "We can use you. We plan to let you live." says the first. "That is, if you start to work for us." Broadcast is conflicted. It is a most interesting offer. He could save himself, but he would have to intentionally mislead the town. But, he would live to see another day. Perhaps just long enough to turn the tides in the town's struggle against the mafia... The two men move in, bringing their guns closer to Broadcast's face.

Broadcast makes up his mind. He will not betray the town. "I would never help you mafia scum." The mafia shoots DT_Battlekruser. After they leave, the radioactive comes in and bombards him with microwaves to make sure he is well done. *BADUMCSSH*
Triple hit on DTBK:
A_of-s_T is TEMPTING DTBK to join him, as he is master of temptation.
75 is again mentioned:

Zycorax just provided comic relief because Mafia hits go first.
Triple hit?
Zycorax laughing at this increased my suspicion of him. It was Oyen's interpretations though that initially set me off on that direction. So thank you Oyen.

Quote from "Day 3.1
Though he remembers falling asleep in a bell tower, payne's consciousness only finishes piecing itself back together after he is chained to a wall in a dimly lit basement. A man, presumably mafia, stands in front of him and laughs as payne struggles against his restraints. "I was hoping for someone stronger, but you will have to do" says the mafia. Payne is confused and angry, and pushes his hardest against the chains securing him to the wall. The man takes payne's heads in his hands. Payne immediately focuses his efforts on screaming instead of struggling as he feels the strength draining out of him. "Ah, yes, this is most excellent!" smiles the mafia, as payne goes limp.

His body is held upright only by the cuffs on his wrist shackling him to the wall. The man takes the chains in his hands and rips them out of the wall as payne falls to the ground. "Yes, yes, you have done splendidly, Mr. Payne!" he laughs. Payne reaches up for the chains to use them to pull himself upright, but his bleeding hands foil his now feeble grip and he hits the floor with a thud. He looks up at the man, his eyes begging for mercy, but only to be crushed by his next statement. "However, you are now useless to me," says the man. He lays his hands upon payne for the last time and takes his life.
Shocko is still a parasite, making hands bleed and everything.
When they repeat the same details it is obviously important. Still no one picked up.

Good game.

None.

Nov 26 2008, 3:40 am Oyen Post #650

Triple hit?
Zycorax laughing at this increased my suspicion of him. It was Oyen's interpretations though that initially set me off on that direction. So thank you Oyen.
Well, I'm glad someone appreciated my effort. Your welcome. <Insert appropriate smiley here>

:teehee: or :><: or :ermm: or :disgust:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 26 2008, 4:33 am by Dapperdan. Reason: Inserting appropriate smilies

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 31 32 33
  Back to forum