By: Raist760  

Aug 25 2008, 3:03 am poiuy_qwert Post #21

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Or just get it here.

Aug 25 2008, 5:54 am Corbo Post #22

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

He means here.

poiuy, a link to binedit 2??

Nevermind. BTW if the name is TileEdit2 it's probably a really old version in there, poiuy. Make sure to tell baja to update it :P

fuck you all

Aug 25 2008, 6:00 am poiuy_qwert Post #23

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Its not old I believe, I got it from FaRTy not too long ago, it should be the most up to date. I called it TileEdit2 because that was the filename of the exe, I wasn't sure whether to call it Hawt Tiles or not.

Aug 25 2008, 6:58 am Raist760 Post #24

Well, thank you again! I'm not really concerned about how long it might take or the results not being what I want. I can spend loads of time making a good map anyway and that's without even getting to the triggers. I used to make maps all the time, I guess I was pretty much the 'terrainer' and one of my good friends was good with triggers. I learned to do triggers as well when he moved away, so really spending hours on a map is nothing new for me. Plus, this way I may be able to do a few 'new' things that I couldn't do before!

And speaking of spending hours on something... One could spend hours and hours doing anything that requires graphics! I've studied and learned about programming in various languages, and for me personally, programming has always been easier to do than deal with graphics. Then again, that is a personal opinion. I've also got a friend who can work wonders with graphics and art of nearly any kind, but he couldn't program if his life depended on it! To each his/her own I suppose! :D

None.

Aug 29 2008, 1:24 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #25

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from name:Debardus
Quote from Raist760
I've also been looking through the mapping forums/topics too. Lots of good stuff in there. I think the thing that caught my attention the most was seeing different tilesets mixed... When I was first making maps for my friends (long ago!) I had wished to be able to mix the tilesets. And now apparently this is possible? Is there some sort of program for this?

There are a few tile editing programs, namely Hawt Tiles (although I fail to remember if Farty ever released it to the public). However, be warned, mixing tilesets is a lot of work and may not give you the results you imagined.
Actually, I have found ways around that. It still comes out altered (and for some tiles, maybe not the best of looks), but it works well. I used BmpConv (not released; all it does is repalette an image while preserving the image as best as possible) and did its thing and it looks awesome. I don't feel like digging up examples at the moment... but I got elevated catwalk in the twilight palette.

Quote from FlyingHat
Quote from name:Debardus
There are a few tile editing programs, namely Hawt Tiles (although I fail to remember if Farty ever released it to the public). However, be warned, mixing tilesets is a lot of work and may not give you the results you imagined.
Farty did release it to the public. You just need to know how Farty names his files on his server and what the latest version was released. ;)
If I havn't released a link, I havn't released the program. I do put beta files on my server.

Quote from Corbo
He means here.

poiuy, a link to binedit 2??

Nevermind. BTW if the name is TileEdit2 it's probably a really old version in there, poiuy. Make sure to tell baja to update it :P
Quote from poiuy_qwert
Its not old I believe, I got it from FaRTy not too long ago, it should be the most up to date. I called it TileEdit2 because that was the filename of the exe, I wasn't sure whether to call it Hawt Tiles or not.
In my latest build(s) I have officially renamed it (including EXE name) to "Hawt Tiles". It still has the issues for replacing... If you replace something it doesn't properly mark other minitiles as used, and replacing various parts that use the same minitiles does wierd things. It wouldn't be an issue if I had finished the Compact function. :P

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Options
  Back to forum