Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Idea: Edit PMs before they're read
Idea: Edit PMs before they're read
Aug 1 2008, 11:58 am
By: Hercanic
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Aug 4 2008, 2:47 am Forsaken Archer Post #21

actually today i sent a pm and then i wanted to add stuff after i sent it ;o

and there is nothing wrong with beating down / criticism, however, usually it isn't always that

None.

Aug 4 2008, 3:35 am Kaias Post #22

Quote from name:devilesk
Another stupid and useless suggestion to add to the already long list of more important things that have yet to be done. Thanks.
If I'm making a map and someone has a suggestion, I'll hear / contemplate it, even though I'll no doubt have more pressing things to do and work on.

Unless it's completely moronic. But this isn't. He thinks its a good idea and would be nice to have, who cares, get off his nuts.

None.

Aug 4 2008, 3:39 am Demented Shaman Post #23

Quote from Kaias
Quote from name:devilesk
Another stupid and useless suggestion to add to the already long list of more important things that have yet to be done. Thanks.
If I'm making a map and someone has a suggestion, I'll hear / contemplate it, even though I'll no doubt have more pressing things to do and work on.

Unless it's completely moronic. But this isn't. He thinks its a good idea and would be nice to have, who cares, get off his nuts.
Who cares? Obviously everyone that has posted in this topic.

None.

Aug 4 2008, 4:09 am Moose Post #24

We live in a society.

This would be a useful, but not necessary addition.

Aug 4 2008, 12:12 pm Hercanic Post #25

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

Dear Money:
Quote from Money
What do you mean? If there is undo there is obviously redo.
In most programs, yes, but not all browsers or versions. Even Notepad lacks a Redo ability.

Quote from Money
We are seriously listening to someone thats afraid of hitting undo (and can't find the redo button)...?
Redo is Ctrl+Y. In Photoshop, it’s Ctrl+Shift+Y to go back more than one step. I am quite familiar with the Redo command. Don’t assume, or you risk looking like an ass.

By the way, thanks for the ad hominem abusive. ("This tactic is logically fallacious because insults and even true negative facts about the opponent's personal character have nothing to do with the logical merits of the opponent's arguments or assertions.")

Dear Falkoner:
Quote from Falkoner
It's not too difficult to click into your text field, hit ctrl-A, then ctrl-C, I almost always do this before making a long post.
I had already mentioned that in the very post you quoted, just three lines below the text you quoted. I use the clipboard all the time. But in the course of tens of thousands of posts, something is bound to happen.
Quote from Hercanic
(Ctrl+A and C to back it up on the clipboard – oops, hit Ctrl-Z! Dammit!)

Dear Devilesk:
Quote from devilesk
A suggestion must be heard before it gets beaten down and beating it down does not stop it from propelling one to think in new ways. Only erasing it completely would do that.
Beating down ideas discourages people from future contributions.

Quote from devilesk
And what you see as "beating down" is considered by others to be valid criticism. Some people want to judge suggestions first before putting them on a list and there's nothing wrong with that.
Matt Burch levied good criticism of the idea.
Quote from devilesk
This is a prime example of beating down an idea.

Dear Matt:
Quote from Matt Burch
The main problem with this idea is; If the member you are sending a message to is online, and that member reads it seconds after you have send it, the option for editing the message is gone, and you have to send a new message anyway. Also, if you are editing the message when the recipient begins the read the message, there will be an error message saying that the recipient has already read the message so you would have to send a brand new message anyway.
First off, I thank you for taking the time to discuss the merits and flaws of the idea instead of readily dismissing it. You make several good points. IsolatedPurity beat me to the punch, however, with a potential solution.
Quote from isolatedpurity
edit: oh a possibility for editing is to edit it whether it was read or not, mark the message as new, and include something that says the pm was edited possibly.

Quote from Matt Burch
I have not seen a site with the option to edit personal messages before reading them, before. Neither have I seen e-mails allowing you to do so. I'm guessing that that is the reason as to why they don't have it; There is a unknown time for editing the message between you sending the message and the recipient reading the message. Although this idea is a little original, I don't really see it being too convenient.
Emails are not a good comparison. PMs here are contained all on the same server, in the same database. Emails are exchanged between often radically different servers outside the jurisdiction of your own email client.

Quote from Matt Burch
Now to let you know of the current features that are very helpful for this type of situation.

1) There is a "Save Draft" option when you are writing a message. So you can save the message, go do something else, and come back to it. Which is exactly what I did with this post. I wrote it in my notepad, went to work. Then came back for lunch, finished it, and posted it.
Handy, and yes I already know where the button is. Doesn't cover any of those "oops" moments, though, which are pretty much all the advantages I already listed in my previous post.

Save Draft can easily be supplemented with saving in Word or the like, so one could argue even that isn’t a necessary feature (but it does free you of location and computer). Really only useful when working on a longer post over the course of several sittings, or when interrupted and you need to come back. It does not fill the role of PM editing.

Quote from Matt Burch
2) There is also a "Delete Sent Messages" feature so you can delete your sent PM's. So that it doesn't: "fill up both people's PM limit faster and causes the 10-history bug to enter the scene sooner." It just fills up the recipients, but the recipient may delete the messages in their inbox too! So I wouldn't worry too much about taking up too much space.
For clearing out space, sure, obviously there is a delete button, great for removing frivolous or time-dependent conversations. However, if you're having an important discussion, you may actually want or need to keep those messages. Granted, you can save them in Word if they're really that important, but that has the same disadvantages as saving in Word rather than using Save Draft. I suppose if you really wanted, you could copy all the text and PM yourself one big message (heck, same workaround could be applied to Save Draft – just PM it to yourself first). Point is, many features exist for our convenience. Without them, there are still workarounds, but they are not always pretty. We have them to improve this community and boost its attraction as a place to relax or work.

I don’t want to waste DiscipleOfAdun’s time sorting through more PMs than necessary because I thought of more FireGraft ideas to add. If possible, I would love to be able to simply edit my first message rather then send multiple supplementary messages.

(Also, don't forget about messages that may need to be kept as documentation or proof, where outside the database any evidence becomes less reliable.)

Dear IsolatedPurity:
Quote from IsolatedPurity
actually today i sent a pm and then i wanted to add stuff after i sent it ;o
Heh, exactly. Until the desire or need is experienced, it’s not likely someone would fully appreciate the prospect of this idea. If I were to have suggested a Save Draft feature, I’d predict the same kind of arguments, simply because it’s a specialized tool.

Quote from IsolatedPurity
and there is nothing wrong with beating down / criticism, however, usually it isn't always that
Criticism is one thing, beating an idea down is another. If you do value suggestions, you must understand the effects of destructive criticism on further contributions from members.

In this particular case, Devilesk was blatant with it ("thanks for another stupid idea"), and Corbo was unjustified because it resulted from the wrong motive (his false dilemma). Nonetheless, to maintain context, keep in mind my original comment was meant for general application, not this thread specifically.

Quote from Hercanic
As a developer myself, I don’t care how big my list of changes gets, I’m always interested in hearing new ideas. I may not use any of them, but that’s not what is important. Ideas stimulate the mind, propelling you to think in new ways. I wouldn’t trade that experience for anything. No, what is truly stupid (to use Devilesk's favored word) is beating down a suggestion.

Aug 4 2008, 2:35 pm Falkoner Post #26

I had already mentioned that in the very post you quoted, just three lines below the text you quoted. I use the clipboard all the time. But in the course of tens of thousands of posts, something is bound to happen.

I already read that line, I found found it completely ridiculous, if you type "tens of thousands of posts" I think you've learned how to hit a hotkey without missing by two keys by now, not to mention that hitting ctrl-Z only deletes the last couple of words you typed, something easily fixable.

None.

Aug 4 2008, 11:41 pm Hercanic Post #27

Dear Falkoner:
Quote from Falkoner
I already read that line, I found found it completely ridiculous, if you type "tens of thousands of posts" I think you've learned how to hit a hotkey without missing by two keys by now, not to mention that hitting ctrl-Z only deletes the last couple of words you typed, something easily fixable.
Wow. Okay, Mr. Perfect, I guess you've never accidentally hit a wrong key before. Your posts must naturally be devoid of any and all typos, then? I would wager most people do tap an unintended key from time to time, though.

A is one key away from Z, by the way, and I've had Undo remove entire posts before (probably because I often write in one solid stream of typing).

Also, nice contradiction. If you had read my line about the shortcuts, repeating it was just redundant.
Quote from Hercanic
Quote from Corbo
Or what about we just use the super awesome all mighty preview function?
As for the Preview button, as useful as it is for quickly double-checking your BB code and formatting, I’ve encountered too many instances where I lose my entire post. I’m to a point where unless the post is long enough to justify opening Word and working from there, I just want to get my post recorded in the database and edit it after the fact.

1. If the browser doesn’t think you’re in the text field, despite a blinking entry line, backspace acts as the Back button. Boom, instant loss from an attempted correction.

2. If you hit Ctrl-Z instead of Ctrl-X, A, C, V, etc, it’ll Undo some or all of your typing with no Redo command to fall back on.

3. Internet goes down as you submit. (Ctrl+A and C to back it up on the clipboard – oops, hit Ctrl-Z! Dammit!)

4. Plenty of others, from crashing to power failure. Word is usually your friend, but often times you don’t intend on writing a long enough post to warrant loading it up. In the end, post then edit is a quick way to work in safety.
Quote from Falkoner
Quote from Hercanic
As for the Preview button, as useful as it is for quickly double-checking your BB code and formatting, I’ve encountered too many instances where I lose my entire post. I’m to a point where unless the post is long enough to justify opening Word and working from there, I just want to get my post recorded in the database and edit it after the fact.
It's not too difficult to click into your text field, hit ctrl-A, then ctrl-C, I almost always do this before making a long post.
Given what you quoted, it is plain that you were offering this as a solution, yet your message was oblivious to the fact that three lines below I had already made it clear I was very aware of how to use the clipboard. Now you claim that you had read my line about the shortcuts, which honestly seems conflicting compared to the manner you first presented.

Now, I find it interesting that both you and Money have chosen to focus on this small of a subject to attack. It is part of only a simple side point: Using Preview does not preserve your post and should an accident of some kind happen you could lose it, whereas posting then editing prevents most anything dire from happening because it's safe in the database. My second point was that yes, there are workarounds to protect your post, ones that I have used quite often, but they are not infallible.

Quote from Hercanic
In the end, post then edit is a quick way to work in safety.
That's all. Questioning my personal capabilities with the keyboard or knowledge of shortcut keys does not refute this point.

Aug 5 2008, 12:42 am Demented Shaman Post #28

Quote from Hercanic
Dear Devilesk:
Quote from devilesk
A suggestion must be heard before it gets beaten down and beating it down does not stop it from propelling one to think in new ways. Only erasing it completely would do that.
Beating down ideas discourages people from future contributions.
Only with those of weak will and if that's the case then their contribution is unnecessary. If they're serious in their suggestion they should have the will to defend it against criticism. If they can't take simple criticism then they have no place making a suggestion.

Quote from Hercanic
Quote from devilesk
Of course. There was never any doubt about what beating down an idea was.
Quote from devilesk
And what you see as "beating down" is considered by others to be valid criticism. Some people want to judge suggestions first before putting them on a list and there's nothing wrong with that.

None.

Aug 5 2008, 3:50 am Hercanic Post #29

Dear Devilesk:
Quote from devilesk
Only with those of weak will and if that's the case then their contribution is unnecessary.
A person's will has no baring on the necessity or significance of their contributions.

Quote from devilesk
If they're serious in their suggestion they should have the will to defend it against criticism. If they can't take simple criticism then they have no place making a suggestion.
An atmosphere that isn’t conducive toward suggestions lessens motivation, and only serves to deprive one group, the developers, and thus by extension the community.

Quote from devilesk
Quote from Hercanic
Quote from devilesk
Quote from devilesk
And what you see as "beating down" is considered by others to be valid criticism.
Aside from yourself, who are these "others" you speak of? All you did was belittle the suggestion and ride the coattails of Corbo’s false dilemma.

Beating down an idea is destructive criticism. Valid criticism, which I would consider in this case to be criticism that is useful to the developers, is constructive criticism. Look at how Matt Burch’s criticism led to IsolatedPurity’s idea.

By giving ideas a fair chance, they can grow and change with deeper contemplation. Even someone who proposes a bad idea can benefit from positive criticism, as it exposes them to different perspectives in an applicable way and vicariously teaches them how to better analyze their ideas. It is a learning experience that can improve their future suggestions.

Negative criticism, such as belittling their idea, calling it stupid or useless, does nothing for them, their idea, or the developers. The only thing it accomplishes is impounding their motivation and raising your post count. The more severe, the more people who join the bandwagon of destructive criticism, the less likely the person will be forthcoming with ideas later on. It takes time and effort to make a suggestion (exponentially moreso to defend it), and the prospect of it being shot down with no real feedback causes a loss of interest.

If you actually value this community and respect the developers behind it, Devilesk, I would advise reconsidering your approach, because they are the ones you hurt when you beat ideas down.

Aug 5 2008, 4:08 am Corbo Post #30

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

You keep bringing this phrase in all of your posts "Corbo's false dilemma"
So let me get this straight.

I have NEVER created any dilemma or anything at all, you, for some reason, like to put it all in fancy words that I always have to google some of them.
I have NEVER created any dilemma cause I don't care about the internet as much as you show up to do so. When I become your age, which if I recall correctly it's 24 years old, I HOPE and I honestly do HOPE that I won't be stuck fighting over some stupid unnecessary forum feature on some gaming site for 13 year olds.
I pity you badly. Take no offense even when it could be easily taken as a flame, I'm just stating that I have never created any dilemma, just expressed whatever I wanted to say and you made the rest up.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 5 2008, 4:16 am by Corbo. Reason: yeah.. made it make more sense...

fuck you all

Aug 5 2008, 4:17 am Hercanic Post #31

Dear Corbo:
Quote from Corbo
You keep bringing this phrase in all of your posts "Corbo's false dilemma"
*cough*
Quote from Hercanic
Here’s my point: You are creating a false dilemma. "We can have either all these imperative alterations, or your PM editing." This 'logic' ignores one crucial fact: No timeframe was placed on implementing this idea. Instead of arguing the merits of the idea itself, you dismiss it on the notion of this false dilemma.

Quote from Corbo
I pity you badly.
Save your conceited judgments. It may not be your thing, but I actually enjoy debating. It sharpens my writing skills.

Aug 5 2008, 4:31 am Corbo Post #32

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Debating over with kids? Yeah, I guess that really makes you look wise and awesome.
And I think you might have a false definition on dilemma.
According to wikipedia (as much as I hate to use it as reference) a dilemma is:
A dilemma (Greek δί-λημμα "double proposition") is a problem offering at least two solutions or possibilities, of which none are practically acceptable; one in this position has been traditionally described as being impaled on the horns of a dilemma, neither horn being comfortable.
So, yeah, I'm not the one with problems as I don't need to edit my sent pms. If they're poorly written, messed up or make no sense I just hope the other person is not as stupid as me and get my point.

fuck you all

Aug 5 2008, 4:43 am Hercanic Post #33

Dear Corbo:
It's not a "dilemma", it's called a false dilemma. One term. It is a type of logical fallacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

Quote from Corbo
Debating over with kids?
I'm debating with you right now, aren't I? Does that make you a kid? Last I heard you were in college for architecture.

Age has no relevence on the validity of an argument.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 5 2008, 5:11 am by Hercanic.

Aug 5 2008, 5:19 am EzDay281 Post #34

Topic of fail.
Personally, I would like to see this implemented. I've seen similar functions before, and I see no reason for it not to be considered for when/ifever SEN's coders are at lack for critical changes to be made.

I think that this idea is pointless. There is a preview button for a reason. If you have some typos, I seriously doubt that one couldn't guess what the word meant, unless you really spelled it wrong. There is no need to unsend a PM. If you say something to someone and you want to take it back after you said it, oh well. You should have thought of that in the first place. "Look before you jump."
Unfortunately, people can make mistakes regardless of how long they spend pondering an act.
There are rare instances where typos may, potentially, be significant - and while there is, of course, the possibility of sending another PM, why should that necessary?
IP and Moose apparently think it's a decent, if not urgent idea, so the only argument against it that I can see being realistic - that it's more work for little gain - is nill.
wtf? The odds of making a typo at any given moment go down as you get more practice, but the fact that it has so many more chances to happen more than makes up for that.
Yesterday, I accidentally and irreversibly deleted a set of a dozen or two bookmarks because my finger hit a wrong key. I spend more time typing, running hotkeys, and performing various other keyboard functions, than most people, and faster ( gogo 90-130 wpm? ) .
But that's just me being annoyed at you making a stupid argument. I agree with your second point. ;P
1) There is a "Save Draft" option when you are writing a message. So you can save the message, go do something else, and come back to it. Which is exactly what I did with this post. I wrote it in my notepad, went to work. Then came back for lunch, finished it, and posted it.
And if it's preferable that the message is soon than that it is flawless?
Of course, with the ability to edit, you can come as close to the latter as one ever would, without sacrificing the first.
Unrealistic, irrelevant, whatever the case of critical errors in PM's may be, it's a matter of conveniance.
The main problem with this idea is; If the member you are sending a message to is online, and that member reads it seconds after you have send it, the option for editing the message is gone, and you have to send a new message anyway.

Most reasons you can think of to edit your forum posts can be applied to editing your PMs. No, it’s not a desperately needed feature, but it is one that can be handy every now and again, one that you may not realize how useful it is until you actually have it and can take it for granted.
I think this is the biggest argument in favor of the ability to edit PMs.
I also note that it doesn't seem to have been responded to.
Then again, I guess the whole debate's esssentially meaningless anyways, considering what IP and Moose have already posted.

None.

Aug 5 2008, 5:32 am Fyrinite Post #35

Corbo, your attitude in general (and specifically with regard to this issue) is very narrow. I would suggest that you take a moment to think about things and calm down. You may have some valid points, but you are letting your nature get the best of you and are failing to get them across.

I also am ashamed at all of you who instantly dismissed the original suggestion. Many times you do not know how useful something can be until you need it. I can tell you that over the past several years I have had numerous times where I have had almost up to a dozen messages from the same person when I log into a site. Many times these messages are spaced about 15-30 minutes apart and only contain clarifications about their last message. Especially on a site like this, where there is limited messaging space, the jump from just 1 message to half a dozen or more can easily fill up an inbox.

For modders especially, they know that if I do not have a record of things, they don't get done. While it is plausible to maintain a record of PM's in an external file(I have several of them from different places), I find the easiest way to find and access what I am looking for is not file based, but on the website where I received the message. Of all the old communication that I have, my PM's with Hercanic from another site, where I still have them stored, are the ones I can find things most easily. Between searching through a file of the entire PM's or a simple list that shows the titles, sender, and date, I would select the list every time.

So, I believe that if there was a way to edit a message instead of sending multiple ones, it would be useful. I also think a way to archive messages, even into a file, is needed. I'd also like the previously mentioned bug about PM's fixed, as it currently defeats part of the ease created by keeping messages in my inbox.

The timetable for these does not matter to me. They are only things that would, when completed, help improve the quality of SEN. From what the administration has stated, I feel that they do understand exactly where this fits and I must leave it at that.

None.

Aug 5 2008, 6:19 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #36

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from name:DiscipleOfAdun
I also am ashamed at all of you who instantly dismissed the original suggestion. Many times you do not know how useful something can be until you need it. I can tell you that over the past several years I have had numerous times where I have had almost up to a dozen messages from the same person when I log into a site. Many times these messages are spaced about 15-30 minutes apart and only contain clarifications about their last message. Especially on a site like this, where there is limited messaging space, the jump from just 1 message to half a dozen or more can easily fill up an inbox.
Ya, I'd totally use it so I didn't have to be like what DoA described. I try not to send more than like 3 PMs to people, though, as I make updates to what I am working on/discussing, remember stuff, or just need to clarify.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Aug 5 2008, 11:37 am Symmetry Post #37

Dungeon Master

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
I try not to send more than like 3 PMs to people, though, as I make updates to what I am working on/discussing, remember stuff, or just need to clarify.

>>

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Aug 5 2008, 1:49 pm Demented Shaman Post #38

Quote from Hercanic
Dear Devilesk:
Quote from devilesk
Only with those of weak will and if that's the case then their contribution is unnecessary.
A person's will has no baring on the necessity or significance of their contributions.
There's no need to accommodate those who cannot take criticism.

We aren't here to baby you.
Quote from Hercanic
Quote from devilesk
If they're serious in their suggestion they should have the will to defend it against criticism. If they can't take simple criticism then they have no place making a suggestion.
An atmosphere that isn’t conducive toward suggestions lessens motivation, and only serves to deprive one group, the developers, and thus by extension the community.
No, you're assuming that the people making suggestions have one specific mindset, that if one of their suggestions gets beaten down they would be too afraid to make another. The atmosphere is conducive to proper discussion and some may thrive off of that. Criticism promotes activity and attention. It's much better than having your suggestion ignored.

Quote from Hercanic
Quote from devilesk
Quote from Hercanic
Quote from devilesk
Quote from devilesk
And what you see as "beating down" is considered by others to be valid criticism.
Aside from yourself, who are these "others" you speak of? All you did was belittle the suggestion and ride the coattails of Corbo’s false dilemma.
The others who are everyone who has disagreed with your suggestion.

Quote from Hercanic
Beating down an idea is destructive criticism. Valid criticism, which I would consider in this case to be criticism that is useful to the developers, is constructive criticism. Look at how Matt Burch’s criticism led to IsolatedPurity’s idea.
Criticism is criticism. Your attempts to distinguish between certain types of criticism doesn't change the fact that all critiques against your suggestion are essentially in agreement with my stance.

Quote from Hercanic
By giving ideas a fair chance, they can grow and change with deeper contemplation. Even someone who proposes a bad idea can benefit from positive criticism, as it exposes them to different perspectives in an applicable way and vicariously teaches them how to better analyze their ideas. It is a learning experience that can improve their future suggestions.
This idea is getting its fair chance.

Quote from Hercanic
Negative criticism, such as belittling their idea, calling it stupid or useless, does nothing for them, their idea, or the developers. The only thing it accomplishes is impounding their motivation and raising your post count. The more severe, the more people who join the bandwagon of destructive criticism, the less likely the person will be forthcoming with ideas later on. It takes time and effort to make a suggestion (exponentially moreso to defend it), and the prospect of it being shot down with no real feedback causes a loss of interest.
It only causes a loss of interest to those who don't truly believe in the worth and importance of their suggestion. It only makes them less likely to make more suggestions if they let it. On the other hand another individual make take the failure to mean they must try harder.

Quote from Hercanic
If you actually value this community and respect the developers behind it, Devilesk, I would advise reconsidering your approach, because they are the ones you hurt when you beat ideas down.
I don't see anyone hurt by this and if they are then its their fault.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 5 2008, 4:54 pm by devilesk.

None.

Aug 5 2008, 7:49 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #39

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from name:Kuddly_Kitten
Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
I try not to send more than like 3 PMs to people, though, as I make updates to what I am working on/discussing, remember stuff, or just need to clarify.

>>
But those are spaced from an hour to 24 hours apart! Except two which were sent near eachother...

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Dec 1 2012, 9:58 am poison_us Post #40

Back* from the grave

Still wondering why this hasn't gotten too much attention, especially now that many of the bugs have been worked out from early v5 growing pains. Most, if not all, other sites have this option, and if not they usually have the ability to delete unread PMs outright, though the latter would result in confusion and even more problems than simply sending a second PM.

Seriously, this is [the] one topic I'm not necroing just for shits and giggles. I'd genuinely be interested in seeing this implemented.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum