GRP Help
Jul 25 2008, 5:47 pm
By: BaneOfRome  

Jul 25 2008, 5:47 pm BaneOfRome Post #1

I was looking through the tutorials section of SEN and found a GRP making tutorial. The first step is to open StarDat. Could someone please elaborate on this? I cannot figure out how to open StarDat (which program to use). It makes it sound in the tutorial that StarDat is a folder or cache, but in actuallity it is a file. I've tried to open it with both MS Paint and Wordpad. It does open with Wordpad, but then craps out before anything happens...

None.

Jul 25 2008, 6:00 pm Da_Fenix Post #2

you use winmpq.exe you can find it in the SEN database

Click here

None.

Jul 25 2008, 6:18 pm MadZombie Post #3

maybe its just me but the winmpq in the database and the modding package require some .dll file...

None.

Jul 25 2008, 6:19 pm BaneOfRome Post #4

Well this makes sense now. Where can I get the files that are need to run WinMPQ (VB40032.DLL and Runtimes Pack 3)?

None.

Jul 25 2008, 6:21 pm FlyingHat Post #5

Quote from BaneOfRome
I was looking through the tutorials section of SEN and found a GRP making tutorial. The first step is to open StarDat. Could someone please elaborate on this? I cannot figure out how to open StarDat (which program to use). It makes it sound in the tutorial that StarDat is a folder or cache, but in actuallity it is a file. I've tried to open it with both MS Paint and Wordpad. It does open with Wordpad, but then craps out before anything happens...
Think of it like this.
StarDat is an MPQ file that holds everything that makes up Starcraft. It contains all the unit graphics, animation scripts, tilesets, menu graphics, movies, etc.
I would go on describing what to download and stuff, but the easiest way to set up everything you'll need for modding is downloading/installing the Modding Tool Package.

None.

Jul 25 2008, 6:32 pm BaneOfRome Post #6

Guess I'm one step ahead then (as always :D).

None.

Jul 25 2008, 6:56 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #7

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from BaneOfRome
Well this makes sense now. Where can I get the files that are need to run WinMPQ (VB40032.DLL and Runtimes Pack 3)?
http://shadowflare.samods.org

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Options
  Back to forum