Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: A simple question about text color
A simple question about text color
May 22 2008, 4:10 am
By: NirvanaJung  

May 22 2008, 4:10 am NirvanaJung Post #1

i have a question here
Actually, it is not my curiosity , someone of korean modder asked me a few days ago
he wants to know how change the color that displayed text of resource amount and supply amount on the upper end right side

i just thouht that could be in TBL but im not sure clearly so i came here to get any good comments
is there a pointer in TBL or EXE file ?

thanks

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 22 2008, 4:17 am by NirvanaJung.

None.

May 22 2008, 4:15 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #2

👻 👾 👽 💪

Hmm. It wouldn't be in the TBL, it is probably obscured away in some EXE function call. In the .bin file nothing is in those text boxes to specify it, and I doubt adding a byte would change it.
I guess you could edit the in-game font colors, but anywhere the similar color exists would also be changed.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 22 2008, 4:19 am NirvanaJung Post #3

he wants to know just there not global colours
any clue about specific text of there to change color ?

None.

May 22 2008, 4:50 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #4

👻 👾 👽 💪

Hmm. I don't think it is anywhere easily accessable...

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 23 2008, 5:50 pm Heimdal Post #5

Here's what I would do, if you have a decent disassembler. It might work with a hex editor too. Search in the .exe for a string of bytes that starts with the appropriate color code and then has a %i or %d and ends with null. % is 0x25, i is 0x49 and d is 0x44:

0x02 0x25 0x49 0x00, or
0x02 0x25 0x44 0x00

And replace the first byte with the color code that you expect it to be (resources are shown in green, right?)

None.

Options
  Back to forum