Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Post your PIX Pt2.
Post your PIX Pt2.
May 11 2008, 2:08 am
By: MeNtAlPaTiEnT
Pages: < 1 « 204 205 206 207 208234 >

Jul 18 2012, 2:31 am Mr.Camo Post #4101

Quote from Sacrieur
He gets paid less than minimum wage.
I am quite aware of this..

None.

Aug 6 2012, 6:21 pm payne Post #4102

:payne:

Quote from Sacrieur
Do you manage to plant all 400 seeds in one day? Because for 8 hours that's 1:10 minutes per seed. Sounds more like a 12 hour job, and for $48 that sounds terrible.
I manage to plant an average of 1700 trees per day. (Total of trees planted this season: 41395, average tree price: 10,5 cents)
On a good day, a tree doesn't take much more than 4 seconds to plant. It takes skills though. Tree planting has an enormous learning curve, hence why you start making money only after a whole week of work.

Quote from Mr.Camo
You need some boots... those shoes ain't for workin! I feel bad for you because often times I do logging for the company I work for and I cut down those trees that you work to replant (and you get paid much much much worse than I do), however I will argue that my end of the deal is extremely dangerous and physically challenging as well. I run up those hills with a chainsaw and cut and cut and cut all day sometimes.
What's your wage?

Quote from Sacrieur
He gets paid less than minimum wage.
Untrue. In fact, my best day was of 220$ in a few hours. At the end of the season, I was fast enough to reach over 25$/h on good terrain. (Remember it is piecework: you get paid based on the number of trees you put in the ground.)
Some people average over 300$ per day easily. I have heard of people making 600$ per day on average.

It's basically the same with cherry picking: piecework, and I reach a good over 20$/h. It's a bit harder to make money in fruit picking, but at least there's no bug, nor crazy bush-walking with heavy lifting.

Anyways, hello SEN!
I am leaving tonight for the Yukon. Hitch-hiking as usual.
My friends and I will stop at Whitehorse, build a raft, and go down a good 1200km portion of the Yukon River.

Anyways, wish me good luck, and here are more pictures:

The movement you repeat hundreds of time per day. "I bend over for dimes."

The day a pole of my tent broke. It poured that night, and my shelter wasn't good enough, so I slept 2 hours on a chair in front of a motel. ;o

The pipe I carved while tree planting.

Taking advantage of the hail: filling up with ice our improvised cooler filled with dumpster diving.

Making potatoes on the top of a mountain.

Keremeos' mountain. Still haven't climbed it, but it's coming! Maybe next year.

Our improvised camp site's fridge and cool bench.

Hard mornings in desert climate. This picture is hilarious in my opinion. The tents are always too hot with the morning sun.

I like this picture.

Just chillin', on our way to Vancouver.

None.

Aug 7 2012, 1:04 am RIVE Post #4103

Just Here For The Pie

Man, payne, you live quite an adventurous life. I would not doubt that everyday is just a challenge waiting to be conquered.

None.

Aug 21 2012, 6:22 pm Fire_Kame Post #4104

wth is starcraft

I got a new hair cut. MY SCALP AND NECK CAN BREATHE AGAIN :wtfawesome:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 1 2014, 8:56 am by Fire_Kame.

Aug 21 2012, 6:24 pm Sacrieur Post #4105

Still Napping

Kame my hair is almost longer than yours.

None.

Aug 21 2012, 6:44 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #4106

👻 👾 👽 💪

My hair is longer than the first picture. xD

I need to trim it, though .. the ends are getting pretty bad.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Aug 21 2012, 7:04 pm Fire_Kame Post #4107

wth is starcraft

I tried to grow my hair out, but it started to pull on my scalp and made my neck and scalp all gross.

Aug 21 2012, 8:48 pm NudeRaider Post #4108

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

First picture is definitely better.

Aug 21 2012, 8:50 pm Fire_Kame Post #4109

wth is starcraft

But it hurts :-(

Aug 22 2012, 3:17 am poison_us Post #4110

Back* from the grave

poison is a happy drunk (about a week ago):

Don't blame me for it being blurry, was taken by someone I was skyping with.

Oct 5 2012, 5:54 am payne Post #4111

:payne:

Because it's the first time since I've known SEN that I saw this thread not being on page 1, I felt entitled to give you guys some news.

--

I forgot that link last time: how bad the mosquitoes were while tree planting.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151985098235076&set=vb.882620075&type=2&theater

Lillooet is simply the most beautiful town.

Waiting for the rain to pass to hitch-hike. Found that awesome hippy-style bus on the side of the highway; squatted for a few hours.
On my way up to the Yukon, I saw this sign. (Also, I just realized Google Maps' automatized license plate censor identified the "East" sign as one of them.) Definitely worth it: http://goo.gl/maps/aN4Y8

Finishing the construction of the raft supposed to travel from Whitehorse (Yukon) to Eagle (Alaska) on the Yukon River (1200 km). We ended up stopping at Carmacks.

Hitch-hiking back to the raft after having done the grocery for until the first city we will reach, Carmacks, 400 km further on the river.

On the raft.
Yep, we even had installed an improvised campfire spot for cooking while rafting.

Here's how you get dry wood and wood shavings to start a fire after it rained.

Drying the magic mushrooms we found as we traveled on the river.

Hiking up a windy mountain.

We had amazing sights all along the Yukon River. Here are a few samples:

After the raft trip, I hitch-hiked up to Dawson City (way up north!). Stayed there for 2 weeks. A good 50% was all-nighters pulled alone, beside a fire, on a beach, to watch the northern lights (amazing stuff!); haven't uploaded the pictures yet, though.
I then hitch-hiked back down to southern BC to meet some friends in Kamloops. Stayed there 2 days, and then my friend drove me to the highway so that I can hitch to Vancouver Island. I was supposed to meet friends there to do some mushroom picking, but it hasn't rained down there, which means there are no mushrooms. Luckily, on my way to the island, some guy picks me up and offers me a job.
I am now working as a laborer on the construction of a natural building; hosted, and fed, with internet access! :)
I will leave for the island probably in a month, and then will finally come back home.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Oct 5 2012, 7:27 am by payne.

None.

Oct 5 2012, 8:41 am DevliN Post #4112

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

That's awesome. I wish I had the patience to do a trip like that. Looks like quite an experience.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 5 2012, 6:56 pm NudeRaider Post #4113

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Wow looks like an amazing trip and an awesome experience. Just for those photos alone it's worth it. Btw. how do you keep your camera powered?
I just can't wrap my head around the fact that this manly adventurer is the same payne that stirred up our forums with his immaturity a few months back. (And I don't mean that as an insult, but more in a cute way, for lack of a better word. Always found you sympathetic, payne. <3 )

Quote from poison_us
Smiling is sexy.

On that note I also have a photo to share for a change:

Nude is a happy birthday child. (I'm on the left)

Oct 5 2012, 8:37 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #4114

👻 👾 👽 💪

O I've been to Dawson! I got ice cream there. :3

lol dem mosquitoes. I didn't see many when I was up there, I guess the weather had been just right for them to not be swarming.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 5 2012, 8:48 pm by FaRTy1billion.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Oct 5 2012, 10:06 pm Generalpie Post #4115

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from NudeRaider
Wow looks like an amazing trip and an awesome experience. Just for those photos alone it's worth it. Btw. how do you keep your camera powered?
This. And solar charger, I'd assume.
Quote from NudeRaider
I just can't wrap my head around the fact that this manly adventurer is the same payne that stirred up our forums with his immaturity a few months back. (And I don't mean that as an insult, but more in a cute way, for lack of a better word. Always found you sympathetic, payne. <3 )
This.

None.

Oct 6 2012, 1:22 am poison_us Post #4116

Back* from the grave

Quote from NudeRaider
It's like his coming of age over a dangerous journey and perilous ordeal. Minus the dangerous, and perilous ordeal part.

Quote from NudeRaider
Quote from poison_us
Smiling is sexy.
Always knew you cared, Nudey baby.

Quote from NudeRaider

Nude is a happy birthday child. (I'm on the left)
Huh. You look good in black. Where'd you get the leather?
HE DIDN'T SPECIFY WHOSE LEFT!

And my turn:

Roommate and his girlfriend were sleeping on the bunk below me, so I had to fuck with them. I kept using my phone's light-up screen randomly while he was talking to me, so he decided to take a picture with the flash on (my phone doesn't have flash, bummer). Only downside: I kinda knew it was coming.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 6 2012, 1:23 am by poison_us. Reason: forgot sen doesn't like https...

Oct 6 2012, 1:29 am Lanthanide Post #4117

You had a threesome? Why the lame pic?

None.

Oct 6 2012, 3:04 am Sacrieur Post #4118

Still Napping

Quote from Lanthanide

Haha.

Nice choice of words, poison.

None.

Oct 6 2012, 3:53 am poison_us Post #4119

Back* from the grave

Quote from Lanthanide

Took me a second or two even after I reread my post.

Oct 6 2012, 4:07 am RIVE Post #4120

Just Here For The Pie

Hitchhiking is totally worth the payne.. I mean, risk.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 204 205 206 207 208234 >
  Back to forum