Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Hells Awakening
Hells Awakening
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jan 27 2008, 2:34 pm
By: Oh_Man
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 89 >

Dec 29 2009, 9:34 pm Norm Post #101

I was disappointed when no one heard from you and I thought this map was abandoned. I am excited now though, that you are so close to completion. It's lookin sexy (as it always has been) and I can't wait to play it.

None.

Dec 30 2009, 2:17 am payne Post #102

:payne:

<-- #1 Fan! YAY! :D
See PP? You are eligible to the contest. Quick! Submit a version :O

None.

Dec 30 2009, 4:45 am Oh_Man Post #103

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Nah it wouldn't be fair to all the other applicants I did more like 40% of the work in 2009 just spaced out over a long period of time due to uni haha.

Dec 30 2009, 5:19 am JaFF Post #104

Quote from name:private_parts
Nah it wouldn't be fair to all the other applicants I did more like 40% of the work in 2009 just spaced out over a long period of time due to uni haha.
If you treat it like a contest where victory is extremely important - yes. But if you treat it as a big exhibition of what we achieved as a community, it really shouldn't matter.

EDIT: In fact, I think it would be better if you joined the contest because that way, your map contributes to the pot, helping make the punch harder.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 30 2009, 5:53 am by JaFF.

None.

Dec 30 2009, 7:19 am Kaias Post #105

Quote from JaFF
If you treat it like a contest where victory is extremely important - yes. But if you treat it as a big exhibition of what we achieved as a community, it really shouldn't matter.

EDIT: In fact, I think it would be better if you joined the contest because that way, your map contributes to the pot, helping make the punch harder.
JaFF is entirely correct- it isn't about winning, it's about accumulating and celebrating a bunch of great maps and a lot of effort as a community. That's actually the specific reason I named it a challenge, rather than a contest.

None.

Dec 30 2009, 5:24 pm Oh_Man Post #106

Though I am humbled by all of you pushing me to join this challenge I must still respectfully decline.

No matter what you call it, it IS a contest. There are winners, there are losers, and there are prizes. I cannot in good spirit jump into the contest on the very last day (31st lol) and then push someone else out of their well-deserved rep & reward, or on the terrifying flip side, join and lose the contest, and have all my work over the many months marked as "runner-up".

I would much rather release my map as I always had intended, as my own project which I did as a challenge for myself, and not part of a competition, packed all in my own thread with all the links, lore books, e-poster, etc. in one place.

Thanks once again guys.

Dec 30 2009, 5:33 pm Norm Post #107

^Very respectable post, I have higher expectations for this map than ever now.

None.

Dec 30 2009, 11:38 pm payne Post #108

Though I am humbled by all of you pushing me to join this challenge I must still respectfully decline.

No matter what you call it, it IS a contest. There are winners, there are losers, and there are prizes. I cannot in good spirit jump into the contest on the very last day (31st lol) and then push someone else out of their well-deserved rep & reward, or on the terrifying flip side, join and lose the contest, and have all my work over the many months marked as "runner-up".

I would much rather release my map as I always had intended, as my own project which I did as a challenge for myself, and not part of a competition, packed all in my own thread with all the links, lore books, e-poster, etc. in one place.

Thanks once again guys.
:love:

None.

Jan 19 2010, 3:02 am Xero Post #109

Any news on this map, cuz I'm really looking forward to it.

None.

Jan 21 2010, 11:47 pm Dungeon-Master Post #110

and yes i DO plan on finishing this, this year. I would hate myself if I did not compelte my work!
Fail... :lol:
Hey this map will be good, I love RPGs and i'l play it actively if you ever finish it, gogogo!

None.

Jan 24 2010, 12:48 am payne Post #111

Well, this is taking time ;o

None.

Jan 24 2010, 3:23 am Oh_Man Post #112

Waiting for my friend to finish the bloody e-poster.

I'll give it another couple weeks and if he still isn't finished I'll just have to release it without it...

Jan 25 2010, 3:18 am payne Post #113

That's all we're missing? D:

None.

Jan 25 2010, 5:02 am Oh_Man Post #114

I'm doing balance tweaks, extended terrain fixes, and perfecting dialogue timing while I wait. But yeh its basically done.

Jan 25 2010, 4:24 pm exelsisxax Post #115

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
this better not turn into an infinite wait!!

None.

Jan 25 2010, 5:31 pm Norm Post #116

Private part's map release is experiencing wait blocks.

None.

Feb 3 2010, 6:55 pm payne Post #117

I really love his Boss ideas =)

None.

Feb 3 2010, 8:17 pm ImagoDeo Post #118

Quote from Norm
Private part's map release is experiencing wait blocks.

I agree.

Use death counters instead: Hire a ninja to torture your friend until he finishes the dang poster.

None.

Feb 13 2010, 1:04 am payne Post #119

I vote "fuck e-poster". :)

None.

Feb 20 2010, 6:47 am Oh_Man Post #120

I've got myself too hyped up about it to give it up now lol... sorry guys.

He said to me just then that all he's got left to do is the colouring. Anyone with knowledge of artistic lingo might be able to calculate how long he's got left lol. The prick won't give me a deadline the slack fucker.

Plz guys hang in there for me, I'm gonna re-update OP to stave off you guys long enough for him to finish. :P

EDIT: Going to leave that for the Lore Book.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 11 2010, 4:59 pm by private_parts.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 89 >
  Back to forum