Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Change BW Music
Change BW Music
Mar 18 2014, 4:20 am
By: ComeAtMeBro  

Mar 18 2014, 4:20 am ComeAtMeBro Post #1

How can I change my Broodwar music? Will it let me still play on BNET? Please explain to me how I can change my music
Like I'm a 7 year old modder newbie.

None.

Mar 18 2014, 4:24 am Dem0n Post #2

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I don't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure the music files are called terran1, terran2, terran3, zerg1, zerg2, zerg3, protoss1, protoss2, and protoss3, so just rename whatever piece you want to put into the game to one of those and add a .wav extension to it, and then use a program like WinMPQ to add the file a new MPQ (or an existing one if you're already in the process of making a mod). I don't remember the exact location that you're supposed to put it under, so you'll have to look that up (something like music\), but after you do that, it should replace the music files. Any time you use a mod, you won't be able to play on bnet unless the players you're playing with are also running that mod, so it won't work for that. As an alternative, you could just mute the in-game music (press control+m) and then play whatever music you want from winamp or itunes or whatever.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 18 2014, 5:32 am by Dem0n.

Mar 18 2014, 5:02 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #3

👻 👾 👽 💪

Cosmetic mods, such as those that change only graphics, sounds, or music, will never cause a desync and you can play them on battle.net as much as you'd like, whether or not other people have the mods.

Music files are:
Code
music\pdefeat.wav
music\prdyroom.wav
music\protoss1.wav
music\protoss2.wav
music\protoss3.wav
music\pvict.wav
music\radiofreezerg.wav
music\tdefeat.wav
music\terran1.wav
music\terran2.wav
music\terran3.wav
music\title.wav
music\trdyroom.wav
music\tvict.wav
music\zdefeat.wav
music\zerg1.wav
music\zerg2.wav
music\zerg3.wav
music\zrdyroom.wav
music\zvict.wav

Just add your wav files to an mpq under those names. I don't think renaming a wav file to mpq works.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Mar 18 2014, 5:17 am ComeAtMeBro Post #4

What file are those .wav files in? I tried using an mpq editor to change my music but I could never find the original .wav files you mentioned. I'm a newb.

None.

Mar 18 2014, 5:33 am Dem0n Post #5

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Whoops, I'm like half asleep. I meant to say that you need to make the files wavs. You don't need the original file in order to replace it. All you have to do is get a piece of music that you want to use, give it the name of whichever file you're trying to re place, make sure it's a wav, and then just use WinMPQ and add it through the music\ path.

Mar 18 2014, 5:57 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #6

👻 👾 👽 💪

They are on the CD in INSTALL.EXE (which has an mpq), or if you did the noCD thing BroodWar.mpq in the StarCraft folder.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Options
  Back to forum