Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Various Questions, some involving Plugins
Various Questions, some involving Plugins
Jul 24 2012, 10:11 pm
By: Sand Wraith  

Aug 2 2012, 9:06 pm Voyager7456 Post #21

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Quote from Sand Wraith
I'm specifically looking for a tech or method to call an iscript block that does not require clicking somewhere. Instant cast, if you will. I've already salvaged Stim Pack.

Burrow.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Aug 2 2012, 9:33 pm Biophysicist Post #22

Can a unit1 train a unit2 at all, where unit1 is not a Carrier or Reaver (or building)?
3) Can units research/upgrade?
No.

@Above: Also Siege Mode. If you're clever, Cloaking or even Hold Position can be used via plugin.

None.

Aug 3 2012, 12:39 am Sand Wraith Post #23

she/her

I already figured out how to do it better than any of those ways you mentioned.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 3 2012, 12:44 am by Roy. Reason: Removed flaming

Aug 3 2012, 7:08 am Biophysicist Post #24

I'm curious how, actually.

None.

Aug 3 2012, 7:57 am Sand Wraith Post #25

she/her

build queue detection.

When a queue slot is not used, it defaults to 228. When it is used, it uses whatever the unit's ID is.

The queue doesn't actually do anything for normal units. You'll also have to manually clear the queue.

Aug 3 2012, 7:04 pm Biophysicist Post #26

...That's actually kind of awesome. Thanks!

None.

Aug 9 2012, 10:57 am Sand Wraith Post #27

she/her

What the hell's the difference between xPos/yPos and currentXPos/currentYPos?

EDIT: Also, there underscore variants, like currentXPos_

Aug 9 2012, 12:05 pm Biophysicist Post #28

Dude, you really don't need to be this obviously irritated all the time. You could have just as easily said "What's the difference" and not sounded whiny.

I don't quite know, but iirc I typically use currentXPos and currentYPos and haven't had trouble. (If that doesn't work, then I must be remembering wrong, in which case I meant just xPos and yPos.) If you're trying to create a teleport spell, though, I don't think that works, but I could be wrong.

None.

Aug 17 2012, 6:27 am Sand Wraith Post #29

she/her

A fix to Voy's last posts on techs:

The following boolean expression returns TRUE when UnknownTech43 has been researched. I assume this is also the same with the other techs (start at 0 for not researched, increment when researched), although I'm not certain as I have yet to test it (and do not plan to until I must). It may simply be that this particular tech behaves this way, although that seems doubtful.
Code
*UnkTech43 + unit->playerId * 0x14 == 1

For reference:
Code
unsigned int TechRsrchBW = 0x0058F140; // address for restoration for p1
short* UnkTech40 = (short*)(TechRsrchBW + 16); // p1 a1
short* UnkTech41 = (short*)(TechRsrchBW + 17); // p1 a2
short* UnkTech42 = (short*)(TechRsrchBW + 18); // p1 a3
short* UnkTech43 = (short*)(TechRsrchBW + 19); // p1 a4

The Brood War techs for each player appears to be separated by a space of 0x14, although I have not tested it to make certain of it. Later on, if I ever test this in multiplayer, I may be able to affirm this.

Aug 17 2012, 2:39 pm Sand Wraith Post #30

she/her

I am presently looking for a way to change a unit's GRP file ingame from a Zealot to a Zealot with wings. I have and an image. I would prefer not to use a turret - the Zealot w/wings GRP is basically the exact same as the normal Zealot (besides the added wings).

I have investigated setting the unit's sprite ID, image ID, and image iscript animation via plugins. Although the IDs change, the unit's sprite never "refreshes" so that the new GRP is drawn. In the case of changing the current iscript animation, it does nothing but change the ID - no animation is played.

I am running very low on orders.dat entries, therefore the solution must (unless someone has a workaround) or should be based on one build queue slot. If there is a way to run an animation without all of the hassle of dealing with hard-coded issues with regards to orders.dat, that would probably be best.

EDIT:

Actually, I appear to have around 10 spare orders/techs, although I would like to reserve them for other uses.

I found this in BWAPI: https://code.google.com/searchframe#5xqY1YZBkWI/trunk/Release_Binary/Starcraft/bwapi-data/data/Broodwar.map&q=drawImage%20package:bwapi%5C.googlecode%5C.com&l=2249 . It could be useful, but I'm not sure how to use it.

Also, this: https://code.google.com/p/bwapi/source/browse/branches/bwapi4/bwapi/BWAPI/Source/BW/Image.h#29 . I would certainly like to use these functions, but I don't know where they are being declared and such.

I'll probably try to find Hercanic later, but if anyone could go ask him for me while I'm gone and/or busy, that would be amazing. (IRC info: http://www.broodwarai.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=658 )

Aug 24 2012, 12:38 pm Sand Wraith Post #31

she/her

Apparently, iscript's "followmaingraphic" doesn't allow an image that uses it to follow the parent's frames besides the first frameset.

Anyone know a way around this or solution?

(What I have is a Zealot unit and a Zealot with wings GRP. Upon casting a spell, the Zealot unit spawns a Zealot with wings image, which uses followmaingraphic. The Zealot with Wings makes the unit look a bit awkward though, since it doesn't follow attack and walk animations. How to fix?)

Aug 24 2012, 1:08 pm IskatuMesk Post #32

Lord of the Locker Room

As you spawning it as an overlay?

If so, you can just clone the existing unit's iscript for that overlay, minus events like damage triggers and such. Overlays mimic header changes by their parent.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Aug 24 2012, 1:30 pm Sand Wraith Post #33

she/her

I examined the iscript of the shadows just now and found that followmaingraphic needs to be called every frame in order to update.

I have implemented the fix and it is working fine now.

Options
  Back to forum