Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Temple Siege 2
Temple Siege 2
Dec 17 2011, 5:54 pm
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 1525 >

Sep 26 2012, 9:36 am Ahli Post #241

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from luzz
1. The custom chat box, if I update everything else can you (Ahli) make it so that it shows the chat to everyone unless the player is in allied chat, or types /allies before their text? This would make it much easier to communicate and improve the player experience and first impressions of the game.
I don't think that I can check if it is allied chat, but I can look into that again. The prefix would be workable, but it's a workaround I don't like.

Quote from luzz
2. The HUD UI buttons need to be made easier to see, use and understand. Can you make the buttons twice as large and place them next to their uses... Like the mana upgrade button placed to the right of the heroes mana, the health increase buttons to the right of the heroes HP, so on so forth. I think this would make the buttons and their uses a lot more user friendly.
I tried to place the buttons close to their respective value. Can you make me some screenshots and draw where the things should be?
Also, buttons are much bigger than they look like because of sc2's button textures. They got a big invisible border in that.

Sep 27 2012, 1:07 am luzz Post #242

Ok, I am not very good with images and editing them... So I guess I'll do all the UI work myself.. xD

However, we still need some ideas for innate abilites (Passives) for 2 heroes, Volt and Light Mage.

I have an idea for Volt already (And we will probably go with this if no other ideas come up):
Electrical Charge - Volt electrically charges the target unit, so that whenever he executes pushes or pulls on the unit, the exact opposite happens.

To explain this ability, it would basically mark the target unit with some sort of lightning animation. When the Volt uses his level 1 spell on the marked unit, instead of pushing the unit away, he is instead pulled to him. Visa versa with his l2, instead of pulling the unit he hits with it towards him, if the unit is marked, then he will push it away from him, which could make it useful for setting up escapes, or pushing enemies into some turrets.

This was my idea, and it required a bit of explaining, but I think it would add some interesting mechanics and capabilities to people who use it correctly.

We are open to any ideas any people out there have for the Volt or Light Mage's innate ability.

None.

Oct 3 2012, 5:55 am DevliN Post #243

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Now that I'm done with work, I should really get off my ass and do that UI. Or if you want, I can send you or Ahli the PSD file for it and you can implement it if you think it would be faster.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 3 2012, 5:56 pm luzz Post #244

I think it might be faster if you do it. I don't even know what a PSD file is, so... Ya. If Ahli hasn't already sent you the map, I'll send it to you, it should be simple enough to paste your UI triggers into the map Ahli is working on (kinda like with terrain copy paste).

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 3 2012, 9:15 pm by luzz.

None.

Oct 13 2012, 2:13 pm Ahli Post #245

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

I've started to work on the UI...
Having the image or images for the UI would be helpful I guess.

edit:
I don't think I can alter the control groups making something different than forming a single line. I will ask Blizzard's guys, if they know, that is possible.
But I didn't try to hook the button up with triggers... maybe I can do that...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 13 2012, 4:43 pm by Ahli.

Oct 13 2012, 2:51 pm Azrael Post #246

Quote from luzz
I don't even know what a PSD file is

Photoshop document.

Oct 26 2012, 8:08 pm baelfire Post #247

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to all you guys for all your hard work. I'm super excited to finally get to play Temple Siege on Starcraft 2. I loved it in Starcraft BW and will definitely be playing it on SC2 constantly.

If you need beta testers, I would definitely be willing to help :)

None.

Oct 26 2012, 9:09 pm UnholyUrine Post #248

Cool!
Thanks for showing interest
In return, I'll show you this:

None.

Oct 27 2012, 5:51 pm luzz Post #249

Temple Siege 2 has been released to the public. Enjoy! =)

None.

Oct 28 2012, 9:38 pm baelfire Post #250

OMG really? going to go find it on SC2. Thanks so much.

None.

Oct 28 2012, 9:40 pm Dem0n Post #251

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Is it actually complete? Or is it like a beta thing?

Oct 28 2012, 9:54 pm DevliN Post #252

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

There are still some heroes that need to be added and some balancing fixes to be made (as this is an ongoing project), but the version that is out is playable and functional.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 28 2012, 10:00 pm Jack Post #253

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

We're beta testing now with a few people so come to channel Temple Siege 2 Beta2 and join in the fun. It should be in the Open Games list too on NA.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 28 2012, 10:22 pm baelfire Post #254

In channel now, anyone want to get a game going?

None.

Oct 28 2012, 10:54 pm baelfire Post #255

just a quick comment for spec ops l3 and the stim hotkeys are the same so might want to change that

Also not sure but i think the nuclear missile is glitched out? or does the gizmo need to stay alive the entire time? Because if its the second, the nuke takes too long to be effective against buildings since the creep can see gizmo since the detection range is so large. Maybe I am using it wrong but it was unclear.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 28 2012, 11:12 pm by baelfire.

None.

Oct 28 2012, 10:57 pm Sacrieur Post #256

Still Napping

My thoughts when I played was the fact there was a knowledge barrier. People who don't know the game would have a difficult time picking it up and playing it without being completely confused.

The UI could also be cleaned up, but more on that later, best now to get it fully functional.

None.

Oct 28 2012, 11:23 pm LittleAsian Post #257

I just played the Summoner and i think it needs some changes. The Abomination is extremely weak in hp and dies quite fast. Also, the mana regeneration of the summoner is pretty slow. After running around quite alot, i only got 1 kill with the summoner and lost 3 lives. I guess the dark swarm is real helpful. The fungal growth ability needs some damage increase. Its fine, but still real weak. Also, the warrior (Zealot) needs some serious changing. Its very OP o.o i mean with just about 5 damage upgrades, this guy got about 3 kills.

Maybe its just i suck at the game or something but even other people said the same stuff o.o

None.

Oct 29 2012, 2:24 am luzz Post #258

@Nuke, I'll look into it, make sure it's working correctly. And yes creeps are annoying in the day time.

@Ui, it does need to be refined and streamlined. The main problem currently is that people can't find what they need as things are out of place, or not in a very intuitive spot. If you have any input on where different pieces of the UI could go feel free to tell us.

@Summoner, he is one of the hardest to play, especially if u don't farm right. You gotta get a good base of upgrades before u can go after heroes with fungal and surround. And the warrior would counter u well with his l2 and l3.

@Warrior being OP, I reduced his HP by 100 (Not much but we shouldn't do anything drastic yet), and decreased his upgrade damage by 1, so he scale slower. I also decreased his attack speed slightly. I would like to keep heroes feeling strong and not reduce them to mere nothingness, so I will only make small changes for now.

I will patch tomorrow with some fixes, because I do believe the assassin has a bug where he won't become visible when he attacks.

Good luck and have fun :) any feedback is appreciated.

None.

Oct 29 2012, 2:34 am baelfire Post #259

Hey I just played the LM and so far everything seemed fine, but the L3 does not work. I tried to summon it nothing worked and I tried to target a unit as it says and it did not work. Maybe something to look into.

None.

Oct 29 2012, 2:41 am luzz Post #260

Hmmm that would be my fault, sorry, the light Mage ssence is fun to play around with.

Sorry for the multiple bugs guys! I hope it doesn't kill the game too much for ya :/

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 1525 >
  Back to forum