Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Temple Siege 2
Temple Siege 2
Dec 17 2011, 5:54 pm
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 1425 >

Jul 21 2012, 6:21 am luzz Post #221

I am working on Mutants l3 and l4. l4 is almost complete, but I may run into issues with separating the Mutants before and after HP and mana (I always seem to find a problem xD), so I hope everything works out smoothly and nothing goes wrong.

Once I get that done, along with l3, we can test again and see what you guys like/dislike about the abilities made. And also any input you might have. I'll try to get it done as soon as possible. =)

None.

Jul 21 2012, 1:44 pm Ahli Post #222

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from luzz
I am working on Mutants l3 and l4. l4 is almost complete, but I may run into issues with separating the Mutants before and after HP and mana (I always seem to find a problem xD), so I hope everything works out smoothly and nothing goes wrong.

Once I get that done, along with l3, we can test again and see what you guys like/dislike about the abilities made. And also any input you might have. I'll try to get it done as soon as possible. =)
You can just use the Volt's HP changing stuff by Power Overwhelming (in theory).

Uhm, does the life upgrade work while Volt is in his other state? I'm not sure if he receives the upgraded life. So we might need to add an additional action for the volt to update the custom values, if he has the power overwhelming behavior. But maybe it does, I don't remember the details of my implementation. But I think it glitches atm.

Jul 23 2012, 1:45 am luzz Post #223

I fixed the glitching I believe, it has to be tested.

I also discovered that custom values do not transfer through a unit morph (e.g. Zergling burrowing), which sucks because that's what I made the Mutant's Chaos Mutation ability... is there another way other than variables to do this? I know custom values is the easiest, and most memory efficient way of making this work, and I don't want to use variables because they are not very memory effective (I think, it seems to me that they wouldn't be).

None.

Jul 23 2012, 2:08 am Ahli Post #224

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from luzz
I also discovered that custom values do not transfer through a unit morph (e.g. Zergling burrowing), which sucks because that's what I made the Mutant's Chaos Mutation ability... is there another way other than variables to do this? I know custom values is the easiest, and most memory efficient way of making this work, and I don't want to use variables because they are not very memory effective (I think, it seems to me that they wouldn't be).
I just tested it with Overlord -> Overseer. It works fine. :/
Custom values are only usable from index 0 to 63. Everything outside these indexed will always return 0.

Aug 11 2012, 5:41 am luzz Post #225

Ok guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while, and I also haven't worked on the map in a while cuz I'm a very lazy person when it comes to working on things I don't want to work on (Like mutants l3 xD it's driving me nuts), but it's time to put my feelings aside and get this map to a fully releasable stage so that you guys can see what has been done.

Sorry I'm such a lazy worker xD

Also, please do post any ability ideas/comments that you have or things you may want implemented. It will give us a fair idea of what we should prioritize working on before other things.

None.

Aug 14 2012, 4:37 am luzz Post #226

After working for quite a while today, I am proud to say that 6 heroes are completely done, and 2 more are playable (Warrior doesn't have his passive yet, and Mutant's l3 needs a rework, but I got what I needed to work so the rework should be fairly easy).

All of the Warrior's spells have been created, and I stuck to TS1 as close as I could with each of his spells.
- First, I reworked his l1 (Because it used armor, instead of shields =O) so now its is exactly as it was in TS1.
- Second, I made his l2, which was a large bump in the road as far as not being able to spawn any units to deal damage, but I believe I have taken the core mechanics of his original l2 into this new version. It both traps the enemy, and give the Warrior an increased attack speed so he can deal more damage to the trapped enemy.
- Third, His l3 is nigh on exactly the same as his original l3 (Except this one gives the Warrior experience for the creeps he kills, I'm don't think he got exp for them in TS1...), it kills all nearby enemy creeps, and stuns/damages all enemy heroes.
- And finally, his Immortal Shield has been remade! 100 Shields constantly for 15 seconds makes him the tankiest hero you will ever see. =)

I hope everyone likes these abilities, also I am available for testing tomorrow if anyone wants to try out either the Mutant or the new and improved Warrior! =D

Oh, and sorry for the double post, but everyone seems kinda gone or dead =O

None.

Aug 14 2012, 8:26 pm NinjaOtis Post #227

Good job Luzz, I like what I read.
Thanks for taking the initiative to work on the map while everyone else seems afk.
I can feel a very playable public version coming soon!

None.

Aug 15 2012, 7:09 pm luzz Post #228

Seeing as how I made the Warrior's l2 a bit too easy to use (Like really easy.. xD), I reduced the charge distance, and also the radius of the stone that spawns around him after use. This should make it a little harder to hit and trap enemies. I may consider reducing his movement speed slightly because he is very fast, and this makes it really easy to use his abilities while keeping up with the enemy.

I'm also going to redo the Mutant's l3, so that it is a cone shaped attack towards the target point, instead of a lurker that the player can use to spam spikes. I believe the lurker has a high skill cap, but its damage isn't done fast enough, and is easily dodged, on top of being static. The cone shaped attack should be a bit more useful in the long run of the game, even though the Mutant can't run in use the spell and get out. =( This upgrade should also make it look cooler (It looks terrible, and very weak currently).

I'm also looking into a passive ability (Or just passive) for the Warrior. A few ideas I had were:
1. 10% increased speed, can be doubled but loses the passive for the duration of the cooldown
- I believe this one would be a bit too overpowered, especially for chasing down enemies =O
2. 10% chance to land a double hit, can be activated to double the chance for a short time.
- This one could be good, but I believe it may be based too much on the random chance you will hit the enemy twice, and I would rather stick with a set in stone you know it will double hit or deal addition damage dealio, which leads to my next thought
3. every so many attacks, or when the warrior activates the ability, he attacks twice on the next hit, dealing double damage.
- This is kind of like master Yi on LoL, but I think it would apply well here as well. I would rather go with the every so many attacks one so that the skilled players can plan on and strike when their double strike is ready to get the added burst.
4. This one would be an ability, with a fairly long cooldown (maybe a minute), that gives the warrior an additional 5-10 armor for 5 seconds.
- This ability could be his saving grace, and skilled players would know when to use it to get the most effective damage reduction from it, instead of just using it as they enter, or when they are escaping. This ability, combined with defensive stance, might make him a bit too much of a meatshield, bit it will have a long cooldown, and a short lasting duration.

Anyone have another idea? I know I steal most of my ideas from other games... but hey I'm just recreating the original characters, so I'm allowed to steal abilities from TS1 xD

Any input is helpful, thank you!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 15 2012, 7:20 pm by luzz.

None.

Aug 15 2012, 9:47 pm NinjaOtis Post #229

Or maybe a proc to reduce damage of a basic attack or something, like 1% chance to deflect 50-60% of damage... etc

None.

Aug 15 2012, 10:32 pm luzz Post #230

Thats not a bad idea, but I think it still relies too much on chance, and we have to make each ability have a high skill cap, seeing as how we aren't using items.

The abilities we create should be easy to use hard to master. As has been said many times.. xD

That being said I made the fourth option. In the hands of skilled players this ability can really keep them alive when the enemy team puts everything they have into killing him in a short amount of time. If the ability is not timed right, the player will not be able to maximize the damage reduction from the armor, and will have to wait for another minute to use it again. All in all, it was easy to make, so it can be easily removed/replaced. =)

None.

Aug 16 2012, 5:12 am NinjaOtis Post #231

I have no clue how I did not see that 4th idea but I like that the best!
True again about it's simplicity and how it will be easily changed/removed/replaced.

None.

Aug 17 2012, 3:19 am UnholyUrine Post #232

After a playtest today, after not touching it for a while, I see a lot of changes to be had.

Changes to be made

None.

Aug 20 2012, 11:11 pm luzz Post #233

I have completed everything except for the UI and spell upgrades, because I believe they will be the most time consuming, and I wanted to get the fast stuff done now.

So currently my to do list is:
1. Create Assassin's l1, and make him decloak at night when he attacks/casts his l2.
2. Rewrite the tooltips so they are easier to understand for beginners, and make them show the damages, durations, attack speed bonus's and stuff of that sort.
3. Recreate Mutant's l3 so it is easier to use.
4. Recreate Special Ops's l4 so it goes with his toolset better
5. Update hero lobby UI so it is easier to use/read and does not have any glitches
6. Update hero HUD UI so that players can see the different button's and their effects easier.

After I'm done with this I will release the map to the public, because I believe that even in this stage of the process, people should be able to give their own input. I also believe that everyone out there has more and better ideas than just a few of us here at SEN. So I hope you enjoy it when I get to releasing it =)

~Luzz

None.

Sep 18 2012, 1:28 pm luzz Post #234

Who would like to see a release of this map? From what I can see everyone is either not on, or they just don't care :(

I lost my motivation when Guild Wars 2 came out, but I'm slowly getting back into making the game again, sorry to anyone who actually wants to play xD

None.

Sep 21 2012, 3:27 am Fashioned Post #235

Get the map out.
Take back control of battle.net

None.

Sep 21 2012, 4:38 pm ClansAreForGays Post #236

City of Tempest seems to have taken the "Easy to learn/play" AoS niche...

Sep 22 2012, 6:57 am Kimaru2 Post #237

Quote from luzz
Who would like to see a release of this map? From what I can see everyone is either not on, or they just don't care :(

I lost my motivation when Guild Wars 2 came out, but I'm slowly getting back into making the game again, sorry to anyone who actually wants to play xD

Yes! Please continue to work on it! I'm hanging on to Temple Siege in brood war by a thread...

None.

Sep 24 2012, 2:53 am luzz Post #238

Quote from ClansAreForGays

Yes, but their game is very very unbalanced, unpolished and (for me) it was hard to understand what each resource did. Unless they have had a major overhaul of the game since I haven played it.

None.

Sep 24 2012, 8:12 pm Ahli Post #239

Quote from ClansAreForGays
From what I've heard the developer support was lacking from time to time. I don't know if that has changed.
I've played it once more than 1 year ago, I think. I've no idea in which state that map is now.

Anyway, if you need help with anything, just message me via PM or skype. :)

Also, glitches in lobby UI?

Sep 26 2012, 2:35 am luzz Post #240

Well, there aren't any glitches, but there are things that need to be changed that include some of the new things we have added and making it easier to use.

1. The custom chat box, if I update everything else can you (Ahli) make it so that it shows the chat to everyone unless the player is in allied chat, or types /allies before their text? This would make it much easier to communicate and improve the player experience and first impressions of the game.

2. The HUD UI buttons need to be made easier to see, use and understand. Can you make the buttons twice as large and place them next to their uses... Like the mana upgrade button placed to the right of the heroes mana, the health increase buttons to the right of the heroes HP, so on so forth. I think this would make the buttons and their uses a lot more user friendly.

There are a few more things, but I'll tell you them later. And I'll send you the map tomorrow after I finish everything I want to get done :)

~luzz

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 1425 >
  Back to forum