Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Temple Siege 2
Temple Siege 2
Dec 17 2011, 5:54 pm
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15 16 1725 >

Nov 4 2012, 8:35 pm LoveLess Post #281

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Why not keep it as it is? It already does a lot of damage and just takes some effort to land it. The one and only time I played LM, I actually went for a L2 build and jesus was it fun. Jack didn't like getting shot with it though.

None.

Nov 4 2012, 9:42 pm Jack Post #282

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Yeh but I could dodge it pretty easily. I'd say either its AoE spread could be increased or maybe a quicker projectile, but it would also combo really well with stuns so we'll see. I do like the idea of Sacrieur's globe thing though, it does increase the skill required for LM.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Nov 5 2012, 2:20 am CrimsonHiko Post #283

While playing as yellow, I couldnt add stat points to HP an Mana, but I could to minerals and spells. I attached a screen shot.

Attachments:
Temple siege 2.png
Hits: 7 Size: 1856.54kb

None.

Nov 5 2012, 2:59 am UnholyUrine Post #284

Thanks for the bug report! We'll try to find out what was the problem.

There's nothing wrong with anyone's ideas. We are simply not focusing on LM right now. Don't worry, I keep people's ideas in mind. And posting them here means that We will review your ideas/suggestions when we get to that stage of development.

Check out Jack's Stream! http://www.twitch.tv/sen_birdie/b/338152536

Attached are the replays :)

Attachments:
Temple Siege 2 (13).SC2Replay
Hits: 0 Size: 245.95kb
Temple Siege 2 (14).SC2Replay
Hits: 0 Size: 281.61kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 5 2012, 6:33 am by UnholyUrine.

None.

Nov 10 2012, 11:27 pm Sacrieur Post #285

Still Napping

I think war l1 should double armor + 2 extra armor. Forget shields, really, shields aren't worth it. This way it's not just a flat bonus but scales along upgrades (like so many other abilities. l4 could be changed to 10x armor (or 5x + 40 or whatever works best).

None.

Nov 11 2012, 1:17 am luzz Post #286

Warrior's current l1 scales with shield armor upgrades, making him choose which one to use. I don't think we will change this, as making it scale off of his life armor would boost him back into the OP ranges again... and he is fine(ish) right now =)

None.

Nov 11 2012, 4:52 am Sacrieur Post #287

Still Napping

Not really, there's no practical point putting any points in shield.

Once it's gone, then life is taken. So with l1, it's minus ten and then minus armor, then minus life. You automatically get the armor bonus with or without shield points. Putting points in shield is worthless if your l1 isn't up. It's a bit cheaper mineral wise to achieve the same armor effectiveness, but generally it's unfeasible to rely on a constant l1 without a large mana pool. The minerals are better spent simming or damage instead of piling them into shield anyway. Shield points are also a pretty worthless bonus at the l4 level as well, so it doesn't scale with anything but l1, and only early game, where armor is more effective.

None.

Nov 11 2012, 2:20 pm Ahli Post #288

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Sacrieur is right.
Warrior's L1 / L4 makes him have always 10 / 100% shield points which act as additional armor with the addition that it can eat up attack damage completly instead of receiving 0.5 damage per attack and protects him of armor ignoring effects like Medic's current L3 Contagion.

So, upgrading armor gives the Warrior a much higher benefit in early game. You might only throw a few shield uprages in for lategame to lower the damage of base's minions because the shield ups are much cheaper than your armor ups then.
Shield upgrades are only worth it when he can have his shields up all the time. They would be worth if, because they are cheaper than armor upgrades.

It might help, if L1 receives 1 more point per shield upgrade, so it eats up 2 more damage per upgrade. But even that doesn't sound too convincing to me. =/

Nov 11 2012, 4:26 pm Sacrieur Post #289

Still Napping

My idea doesn't make war stronger, it actually makes it slightly weaker early game.

u = upgrade; s = DR with l1; b = benefit over previous l1 (b = s2 - s1 = u - 6)

s1 = 10 + (u + 2)
s2 = 2(u + 2)

u | 0s | 0b
0 | 04 | -6
1 | 06 | -5
2 | 08 | -4
3 | 10 | -3
4 | 12 | -2
5 | 14 | -1
6 | 16 | 00
7 | 18 | +1
8 | 20 | +2

The benefit only kicks in at the seventh upgrade (just double armor). But before that, he's weaker than before. It scales quite nicely this way.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 11 2012, 8:10 pm by Sacrieur.

None.

Nov 19 2012, 6:52 pm Wing Zero Post #290

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

There's a Light Mage exploit where he can make a million clones and kill everything. The way he did it is when he loses a clone he can spam e with at least 120 mana as he can to get multiple clones for each one he loses. One of my friends said disable doesn't work on the medic but I haven't seen medic yet so I'm not sure.

Nov 19 2012, 8:16 pm UnholyUrine Post #291

Does your friend have the replay? It'd help us a lot!

Thanks for telling us :D

None.

Nov 19 2012, 8:19 pm Wing Zero Post #292

I'll see if i can find it

EDIT: Got it

Attachments:
Temple Siege 2 Medic Glitch.SC2Replay
Hits: 1 Size: 218.47kb
Temple Siege 2 LM Exploit.SC2Replay
Hits: 1 Size: 88.92kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 19 2012, 8:30 pm by Wing Zero.

Nov 19 2012, 10:18 pm Ahli Post #293

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Wing Zero
There's a Light Mage exploit where he can make a million clones and kill everything. The way he did it is when he loses a clone he can spam e with at least 120 mana as he can to get multiple clones for each one he loses. One of my friends said disable doesn't work on the medic but I haven't seen medic yet so I'm not sure.

I published an update fixing these problems. Let me know if something doesn't work (like Light Mage L3 or the icon that should appear if someone is eliminated because he leaves the game).

Nov 20 2012, 4:06 am Wing Zero Post #294

Just played a game and the medics silence didnt work on the light mage and mutant but it seemed to work on the warrior. The light mage was still able to get multiple essences out.

Attachments:

Nov 20 2012, 7:18 am Ahli Post #295

Quote from Wing Zero
Just played a game and the medics silence didnt work on the light mage and mutant but it seemed to work on the warrior. The light mage was still able to get multiple essences out.
The silence worked in the replay, but I added a bug with my "fix" in addition to the old but that hitting a single hero only caused a silence of 2 seconds...

I fixed the cast arc of the essence and its requirement. You can't create more than 1 essence now.

Nov 22 2012, 1:16 am Ahli Post #296

Released Dark Mage.
If there are bugs, report them.

Nov 22 2012, 3:13 am luzz Post #297

Yes please do report bugs, she was kinda annoying to make (And thus prone to error). I hope you enjoy her :) I am beginning work on Mech and Psion now.

None.

Nov 22 2012, 4:32 am Wing Zero Post #298

The only thing of note that I found was that she can't teleport to her own bases. I had an incident where my disable didn't seem to work on a marine but i might have hit him a little late. Did you guys fix medics disable yet? I played a game with loveless yesterday and it didn't seem to work then either.

Nov 22 2012, 8:37 am Ahli Post #299

I'm fixing a few things in the Dark Mage right now.
Disable should work. The only problem that might arise is that you need to hit the center of the enemy hero to disable him because the effect is triggered.

Nov 22 2012, 9:44 pm Wing Zero Post #300

The Dark Mages evolution chamber doesn't do anything. It's completely empty.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15 16 1725 >
  Back to forum