ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

They lowered molten armor's defense? Whyyy? :hurr:

Jun 2 2011, 7:01 pm CecilSunkure Post #322

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
They lowered molten armor's defense? Whyyy? :hurr:
Well, why did you like it?

None.

Jun 2 2011, 7:06 pm UnholyUrine Post #323

In my Fullscreen resolution, I can see enemies spawn, supposedly offscreen... lols :D

@Dem0n ..
they lowered it because they want to introduce Dedicated PvP experiences. If there's a set of armor/weapon that has the most defense/damage.. then everyone will wear the same thing.. and that'd be boring...
I'm waiting to see new weapons/armor variances.. and hopefully more complicated PvP mechanics.. such as bigger knocking back effects.. movement effects... stunning effects, and etc.

None.

Jun 2 2011, 7:50 pm ShadowFlare Post #324

I had a mod ready for making custom sized worlds, but then this update came out, so I'm going to update it for the new version.

None.

Jun 3 2011, 7:35 am ShadowFlare Post #325

Here is a modded exe with a menu option for custom world sizes: http://www.mediafire.com/?2vaj8fqa4gbmr (I'm not hosting it on my own web server because I'm not sure if I want to host something like that on there.)

The size limit is also expanded to double the width and height of a large map (though you probably can't make one that large). Anything larger than the size of large cannot be played without this modification. (smaller sizes work without it, though, as many of you have already seen)

To use this, rename or move the original Terraria.exe and put this one in its place, then run the game through Steam as you normally would.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 7 2011, 9:48 pm by ShadowFlare.

None.

Jun 4 2011, 4:30 am UnholyUrine Post #326

Ugh, If anyone has a Jungle Cap/Helm.. i'd give them Jungle Shirt and Pants for it..

None.

Jun 4 2011, 3:27 pm Heinermann Post #327

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

A couple of documents for you guys

http://code.google.com/p/vgce/source/browse/trunk/docs/Terraria/WorldFormat.txt
http://code.google.com/p/vgce/source/browse/trunk/docs/Terraria/NPCList.txt
http://code.google.com/p/vgce/source/browse/trunk/docs/Terraria/ItemList.txt

I have yet to create a list for tiles to identify which tile ID is which. I can only assume that there are 80 tile types because of the array used to specify active/animated tiles.

So far from what I can tell you can...
  • Make any NPC you want spawn at any location (including monsters). (The spawn only occurs once, because of load from file)
  • Make the world even smaller, or maybe even larger, since crashes so far have only been due to the world generator.
  • Restrict the playable bounds to a value smaller/larger than the level size itself (it appears objects are not bound by the map size?).

However this is mere speculation.

@ShadowFlare, can you post the image dump of the tiny world on 7777? I want to see how much it's changed. ;o

Jun 4 2011, 5:27 pm ClansAreForGays Post #328

Heinermann enters the fray. Shit gets real.

Jun 4 2011, 5:37 pm UnholyUrine Post #329

You ought to see his Door Fetish :lol:

None.

Jun 4 2011, 9:51 pm ShadowFlare Post #330

Current image of the tiny world I'm hosting:

Noteworthy items: that vertical shaft is a glowing mushroom farm and the corruption has been purified into ordinary ground and stone.

None.

Jun 4 2011, 9:52 pm Dem0n Post #331

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

so many shroomz :hurr:

Jun 4 2011, 9:54 pm TiKels Post #332

Me and heiner did the mushroom shaft. We're thinking about going around and selling shrooms for lulz.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jun 4 2011, 11:39 pm ShadowFlare Post #333

Just wanted to note that the mod exe I posted is 1.0.3, not 1.0.2, since at least one person thought that.

None.

Jun 5 2011, 1:52 am ShadowFlare Post #334

Since I'm going to be trying some server mods anyway, I compiled a server version of the current mod first. This file includes both exe files. http://www.mediafire.com/?2vaj8fqa4gbmr

BTW, someone wrecked my sky house. I don't really mind though; it was only a decoration, and now I have ruins of an ancient sky city. :lol:

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 7 2011, 9:47 pm by ShadowFlare.

None.

Jun 5 2011, 5:40 am ShadowFlare Post #335

Terraria probably needs some protections for what clients can do in multiplayer... An example of what I could do with a hacked client playing on a standard server:

I also made a sword that could cut through any blocks.

edit:

I've decided to password my servers for now. (partly because of this stuff that's possible to exploit; like being able to instantly ruin everything even worse than dynamite) Send me a private message on here for the password.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Jun 5 2011, 6:36 am by ShadowFlare.

None.

Jun 5 2011, 6:55 am Heinermann Post #336

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Here's a 128x128 (hacked) world.

It spawns with like 20 Nurses and 6 Eater of Worlds (Worm Boss x6).
[attach=7830]

It should work if you play Single player, but for some reason the terrain doesn't appear in multi-player.

Just the beginning & proof of concept for "custom maps". The game will crash if the screen resolution is greater than the world's resolution.

Things to note (includes some speculation):
  • You can preplace any NPC (including monsters and bosses), however the monsters/bosses may run away. Friendly NPCs will stay. You can also specify the friendly NPC's home as well (it may teleport or travel to its home).
  • You can place any tile anywhere, however the engine may process it (for example water) and automatically start with it settled. You can also specify backgrounds and a mask (for example, a platform can have a background and be under water). There are some additional flags but I am not sure what they do.
  • You can place chests and customize the items inside (up to 1000 chests).
  • You can place signs and customize the message, including the use of characters not available normally (up to 1000 signs).
  • You can specify general map settings like invasion, blood moon, bosses defeated, spawn location, time, etc.

As far as scripting/events (triggers in SC) goes, you will need a hacked server for that.
Enemy spawns are dependant on the nearby tiles and level/depth.

Attachments:
world2.zip
Hits: 3 Size: 1.34kb

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 5 2011, 7:08 am by Heinermann.

Jun 5 2011, 8:29 am LoveLess Post #337

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from Heinermann
Here's a 128x128 (hacked) world.

It spawns with like 20 Nurses and 6 Eater of Worlds (Worm Boss x6).
[attach=7830]

It should work if you play Single player, but for some reason the terrain doesn't appear in multi-player.

Just the beginning & proof of concept for "custom maps". The game will crash if the screen resolution is greater than the world's resolution.

Things to note (includes some speculation):
  • You can preplace any NPC (including monsters and bosses), however the monsters/bosses may run away. Friendly NPCs will stay. You can also specify the friendly NPC's home as well (it may teleport or travel to its home).
  • You can place any tile anywhere, however the engine may process it (for example water) and automatically start with it settled. You can also specify backgrounds and a mask (for example, a platform can have a background and be under water). There are some additional flags but I am not sure what they do.
  • You can place chests and customize the items inside (up to 1000 chests).
  • You can place signs and customize the message, including the use of characters not available normally (up to 1000 signs).
  • You can specify general map settings like invasion, blood moon, bosses defeated, spawn location, time, etc.

As far as scripting/events (triggers in SC) goes, you will need a hacked server for that.
Enemy spawns are dependant on the nearby tiles and level/depth.
Make a world with a chest containing nothing but Stars. They don't seem to fall on any of my worlds since 1.0.3

Attachments:
world2.zip
Hits: 3 Size: 1.34kb

None.

Jun 5 2011, 8:34 pm ShadowFlare Post #338

I'm still getting stars.

Though they do seem to be a bit more rare on my sky bridge than before. Maybe the height at which they spawn has changed; I don't remember seeing as few on a new world without a sky bridge. I didn't check the ground below the sky bridge yet.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 5 2011, 9:15 pm by ShadowFlare.

None.

Jun 6 2011, 4:01 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #339

👻 👾 👽 💪

My Single player world gets them all the time. O.o I have tons of stars ... and then if I step off screen and walk back I find more.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jun 6 2011, 7:30 am UnholyUrine Post #340

Newest news... on the next version

First of all I want to introduce myself. I'm Tiy and I do pixel art and design on Terraria. Up until now I've probably been the least vocal member of the team. I decided it was time for that to change, but it wouldn't be much of an introduction if I didn't bring you some good news would it?

One major addition to 1.0.4 will be a feature we're calling Social Costume Slots. Costume items will replace the look of your armor without altering it's stats, resulting in a beautiful convergence of fabulous and functional. Some costumes will require you to brush up on your textiles skills, whilst others will have you mercilessly spelunking the depths on an exciting fashion adventure.

Another hot issue I wanted to address was the removal of Cobalt armor and the addition of Grass armor. First of all, Cobalt armor will be back somewhere down the line, with all new functionality. We wanted to replace it with an armor more fitting of it's drop location and grass armor was the obvious choice. However, we're aware that armor changes are always going to be controversial. Given that armor is such a subjective issue. We're looking at ways to provide players with more variety per armor set, social items are only the beginning.

Finally I wanted to leave you with this..

1.0.4 .... [IMG]

Take care everyone
Image = Rabbit.

This was posted yesterday @ terrariaonline.com

I'm a little confused about the textiling and stuff... Anyone want to chance a guess?

And I bet you Rabbit's foot will become a new item :D

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 15 16 17 18 1936 >
  Back to forum