Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: TERRARIA
TERRARIA
May 14 2011, 9:23 pm
By: MadZombie
Pages: < 1 « 34 35 36

Jul 8 2015, 6:14 am Wing Zero Post #701

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

How did you beat skeletron? I tried doing it without doing hell and nothing I had was doing damage to him. Fucker has like 999 armor.

Jul 8 2015, 7:02 pm Heinermann Post #702

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

For classic Skeletron:

I used a yoyo and Shadowflare used something else. We both used waterbolt, found above the dungeon surface. We basically microed it in a way. I also used the slime mount I received from King Slime to jump on its head without taking damage.

Our setup was a flat plane that contained several campfires, heart lamps, and enemy banners. We had small non-intrusive house next to the dungeon that had the Nurse NPC and a bed for respawning purposes.

You could also add Star in a bottle as well for mana regen, and a potential minecart track that you could use to go off to the side and heal with the Nurse (for single player), then go back to battle such that the Nurse isn't killed. Several buff potions are also an option. You could also just go to hell/jungle and farm for better equipment too. Also remember that there's no order that you need to kill the bosses in.

Also note that fishing is a great way to find items and ores at that level of the game. Fishing in certain biomes can yield different items (from crates mostly).

Jul 8 2015, 11:16 pm Wing Zero Post #703

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

I didn't think about the campfires lol. The this is, when I did try to fight him, My water bolts were hitting 1's and my friend had an amazon yoyo and that was also hitting for next to nothing. Am I missing something here?

EDIT: I found out you have to kill the arms first to do any damage. My group just killed Plantera now, about to start doing dungeon stuff.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 13 2015, 11:34 am by Wing Zero.

Jul 18 2015, 8:12 am ShadowFlare Post #704

I just found out about this for the cursor:

How to get the NICE highlighted Mouse Cursor

1) Make sure your game is updated to 1.3.0.3
2) Make sure your game is closed
3) Go to :\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Terraria
4) Open "config.json" with notepad
5) Find "ThickMouseEdges"
6) Change "false" to "true"
7) Save and Close
8) Enjoy

If you dont have "ThickMouseEdges" in your "config.json" - Turn or game on and off and reopen "config.json"

None.

Jul 21 2015, 2:00 am ShadowFlare Post #705

They removed Shroomite armor's stealthing while on mounts, so no more using the UFO to be invisible in the air when I stop moving. :( On the other hand, I did just find out that I can go full speed with the hoverboard while using vortex stealth, though (and running also works, but it takes a bit longer to get to full running speed unless using the hoverboard to reach that speed), so it looks like I'll be using that now.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 21 2015, 2:08 am by ShadowFlare.

None.

Jul 23 2015, 11:48 pm ShadowFlare Post #706

Mac and Linux support was added. Looks like you won't need to run it in WINE anymore, Heinermann.

None.

Aug 6 2015, 11:02 pm ShadowFlare Post #707

I finally beat the Moon Lord solo on hard mode after several tries. I did it with vortex gear, various offensive and defensive accessories, UFO, chlorophyte bullets, and 7 or 8 different types of buff potions.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 7 2015, 12:27 am by ShadowFlare.

None.

May 15 2020, 11:54 am ShadowFlare Post #708

Anyone interested in playing this again with the new update coming? (I think it's on Saturday)

I could host again, this time on a newer server I got back in August, and I've got much better internet than back then. We'll need to decide on what game options I should use with it.

My old server that hosted it was an AMD Athlon II quad core 2.5 GHz with initially I think 8 GB RAM, later upgraded to 32 GB DDR3 ECC RAM (not sure on speed), no SSD storage. I probably didn't have any higher than 1 or 2 Mbps upload at the time. Server and router were on battery backup, new ones are too.

New server has an AMD Ryzen 3700X, 64 GB DDR4-2666 ECC RAM (that's as fast as it gets for the supported type of ECC RAM at the moment, unfortunately), Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB NVMe SSD for OS and some virtual machines. Also some large hard drives for extra storage (in a mirrored setup, but going to add one more so it can start to auto-rebuild if a drive fails). Once I decide what to get, also going to add a couple SATA SSDs (probably enterprise models) for some additional virtual machine storage (for the main OS drive of the virtual machines only). My upload is currently at 1 Gbps now, with a router capable of utilizing it. I didn't even have to consider the performance capabilities of the router with my old internet. :lol:

I'll probably be hosting on Linux this time rather than Windows. I've got a framework of scripts I've made for Minecraft servers on Linux which should do just as well for managing a Terraria server, so it shouldn't take much to get it up and running (for auto-restarts if it crashes, installing staged updates automatically on restart, running in a detached screen session, attaching to that session for viewing the console or running commands, and a backup script).

None.

May 25 2020, 2:32 pm Zincoshine Post #709

Despite the seriously strong temptation to jump into Terraria right now, I think it is best to let it age for a few months so that tModLoader gets converted over and its active mods get converted over as well. I'll probably do a mod run in winter or spring next year.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 34 35 36
  Back to forum