Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: BroodWarAI.com is gone!
BroodWarAI.com is gone!
Apr 25 2011, 5:50 am
By: pastelmind  

Apr 25 2011, 5:50 am pastelmind Post #1

I noticed that during the last few weeks, the BroodWarAI.com forums were unavailable, and it seems that the site itself is gone now. I thought badajuice and poiy_qwert were running the site...does anyone know what happened? If the site is permanently gone, I'd be really sad to lose all those valuable information available on their forums. I also miss their comprehensive Modding Programs section, good thing Campaign Creations also provides local download URL for BWAIDowngrader.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 10 2011, 3:45 am by RadiganP.

None.

Apr 25 2011, 11:48 pm Derqua Post #2

If it was like last time, it's because bajadulce has no time for the site and has neglected to do something important, of what, I have no clue.

None.

Apr 26 2011, 1:08 am poiuy_qwert Post #3

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Yeah :( I never really ran the site. I had admin powers, made quite a few modding programs, and i did development on the main site, but I've been fading away from all sites since I started working a lot. I have no idea what happened to the site, but I hope it's something as simple as forgetting to renew it. If anything i'll see about taking it over, but I don't think Baja would let bwai die like this.

Apr 26 2011, 4:17 am Apos Post #4

I order you to forgive yourself!

Not sure if this helps, but there is an archived version (From 2009) here. And you can access the forums here.

Apr 26 2011, 4:26 am pastelmind Post #5

I see. By the way, is PyMS and GPTP alive yet? I've been looking for ways to make plugins compatible with 1.16.1. I also have some Firegraft EXE edit offsets for 1.16.1 that I would have shared at BWAI...

@ Apos: Thanks for the link. Looks like WayBack didn't crawl through individual forum pages, though. :(

None.

Apr 26 2011, 7:03 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #6

👻 👾 👽 💪

[01:00] Carlos Cuchilla: In the bwai is gone topic
[01:01] Carlos Cuchilla: Say something along baja decided to stop paying for it
[01:01] Carlos Cuchilla: And that its been gone for quite a while
[01:01] Carlos Cuchilla: And link to topic 105 in corboland
[01:01] Carlos Cuchilla: Which was the news for bwai dying i think
http://www.corboland.com/topic/105/

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 6 2011, 12:34 pm pastelmind Post #7

Well, guys, I'm happy to report that BWAI.com is (seemingly) back. Hopefully people will eventually return there as well.

@FaRTy1billion: That thread seems to be from a year ago excepting for IstakuMesk's last necro post.

None.

May 6 2011, 5:45 pm IskatuMesk Post #8

Lord of the Locker Room

I think you are the only one who noticed that...

Not that it really makes a difference.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

May 25 2011, 5:58 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #9

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from name:RadiganP
@FaRTy1billion: That thread seems to be from a year ago excepting for IstakuMesk's last necro post.
And? If a site is (or was) down and there existed a post from when it went down, how does that post become any less valid?

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 25 2011, 3:57 pm A_of-s_t Post #10

aka idmontie

Quote from name:RadiganP
I see. By the way, is PyMS and GPTP alive yet? I've been looking for ways to make plugins compatible with 1.16.1. I also have some Firegraft EXE edit offsets for 1.16.1 that I would have shared at BWAI...

@ Apos: Thanks for the link. Looks like WayBack didn't crawl through individual forum pages, though. :(
The GPTP was discontinued a long time ago :P . You can probably find the full C++ template some where if you ask around, and the GUI version is still some where out there.

I recently was going through my files and found a program I was making called "Project 13" which I was working on which was supposed to be a robust GUI for plugin development and there was even some specs for its own Visual Basic style language. However, apparently I gave up on this before any core functionality was complete.

I may have some unreleased versions of the GPTP laying around that I can upload when I get home tonight. :devlin:

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Options
  Back to forum