\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 1 2010, 12:53 pm poison_us Post #322

Back* from the grave

...Who benefits from an abstain?

Sep 1 2010, 12:56 pm Aristocrat Post #323

Quote from name:Nasus

If you vote to lynch someone and they turn out innocent, you instantly become suspect for mafia. Also if you abstain suspicion on you drops... or does it? :sly:

None.

Sep 1 2010, 1:20 pm Azrael Post #324

It's the kind of thing mainly done by mafia and power roles. They don't want to draw unwanted attention to themselves by using their vote for something worthwhile.

Sep 1 2010, 3:00 pm Riney Post #325

Thigh high affectionado

Im doing it because of the lack of clues, which I then realized is a common mafia excuse.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Sep 1 2010, 4:39 pm Wing Zero Post #326

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

For once I agree with coon.

I vote Ezterix.

Sep 1 2010, 5:51 pm DevliN Post #327

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Riney
Im doing it because of the lack of clues, which I then realized is a common mafia excuse.
Same for me, except I'm not mafia.

My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 1 2010, 6:24 pm Apos Post #328

I order you to forgive yourself!

Quote from DevliN
Quote from Riney
Fuck. You guys could do this every goddamn day!

Sep 1 2010, 6:26 pm Azrael Post #329

I think it'd be funny if Raccoon and Wing were both mafia, and are just pretending to be at odds with one another :lol:

Sep 1 2010, 6:41 pm DevliN Post #330

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Apos
Quote from DevliN
Quote from Riney
Fuck. You guys could do this every goddamn day!
I just did it for this because it seemed like everyone was finding ways to interpret clues to pin things on people they want to pin things on. If someone finds something amazingly crucial by the time voting ends, I'll gladly change my vote. For now, though, it seems like we're looking at the smallest things and hoping they are clues. I don't know if that's because the clues are too well hidden, there aren't enough clues, or we're just not getting it. It seems like the best clue we have is Norm's possibly accidental misspelling of "ez."

My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 1 2010, 6:43 pm Apos Post #331

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
I think it'd be funny if Raccoon and Wing were both mafia, and are just pretending to be at odds with one another :lol:
So Azrael, you got any theories to go with that... tie?

Sep 1 2010, 6:51 pm Azrael Post #332

Well, I don't really think they're working together, the thought just crossed my mind when I saw Raccoon and Wing vote for the same person. If it turns out to be true then they're both convincing actors and I'll probably laugh out loud.

Sep 1 2010, 6:52 pm DevliN Post #333

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

"Don't scream, kid" said the man.

The kid recognized the voice, but it was way too dark to see the man's face. "Who... who are you?"

The man grasped the knife tightly in his hand and stepped hesitantly toward the boy. "I'm just a man with a... Mission."

The kid stepped backward. "Yeah right, man. You're just a pussy for coming in here with a knife. Go pick on someone your own size!"

Tired of the kid's antics, the man took a quick stride forward, plunging the knife into the boy's heart. Aristocrat fell to the floor. His face was pale. In his last moments, he watched the old man walk back toward the window. The man lifted his leg out of the window, but looked back at his victim before he was all the way outside.

"Dumb kid, it doesn't matter who you're killing. It still takes... Courage."
Anyone come up with some possible analysis of the seemingly purposeful capitalization of "Mission" and "Courage?" The dramatic pause before each coupled with the capitalization makes me think that's important somehow. Either that or the killer is William Shatner.

My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 1 2010, 6:55 pm Aristocrat Post #334

Obviously a reference to MC (Modcrafters). not

None.

Sep 1 2010, 6:59 pm Dem0n Post #335

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I abstain.

Sep 1 2010, 8:24 pm poison_us Post #336

Back* from the grave

Quote from Aristocrat

If you vote to lynch someone and they turn out innocent, you instantly become suspect for mafia. Also if you abstain suspicion on you drops... or does it? :sly:
Abstaining never benefits the town. The only time that it ever doesn't matter is when the game is already won. If you abstain, that means no mafia dies. If you lynch, you have a chance of getting a mafia. And of course power roles and mafia don't want to vote...who wants to draw less attention, a regular townie, or a smart power role/mafia? By voting when there's a big abstain bandwagon, they get more noticed, and are more likely to get killed at night regardless of right/wrong, because if coon is mafia, I could be killed to frame him, or he could do it himself anyways if he's stupid.

TL;DR: The only way to increase the odds of a town victory is by voting. If people abstain, it becomes the new bandwagon, just as much as lynching a townie would be.

Sep 1 2010, 8:38 pm Apos Post #337

Quote from Aristocrat

Abstaining never benefits the town. The only time that it ever doesn't matter is when the game is already won. If you abstain, that means no mafia dies. If you lynch, you have a chance of getting a mafia. And of course power roles and mafia don't want to vote...who wants to draw less attention, a regular townie, or a smart power role/mafia? By voting when there's a big abstain bandwagon, they get more noticed, and are more likely to get killed at night regardless of right/wrong, because if coon is mafia, I could be killed to frame him, or he could do it himself anyways if he's stupid.

TL;DR: The only way to increase the odds of a town victory is by voting. If people abstain, it becomes the new bandwagon, just as much as lynching a townie would be.
I must disagree, abstain is good when it's a MYLO. (Miss lynch, lose) Nigger.

Sep 1 2010, 9:01 pm poison_us Post #338

Back* from the grave

Quote from Apos
Quote from Aristocrat

I must disagree, abstain is good when it's a MYLO. (Miss lynch, lose) Nigger.
If you look at the tallies, "abstain" =/= "no lynch", or it wouldn't have 2 people leading a lynch in which 10 have voted. Interpret better, person of African descent.

Also, this reminds me: another bad aspect: crappy clue + few votes (can)= 2 mafia lynch team. Not saying you're both mafia, but it seems rather stupid that 2 people are going to lead 18 in a lynch.

Sep 1 2010, 9:16 pm OlimarandLouie Post #339

Quote from Aristocrat
Obviously a reference to MC (Modcrafters). not
Why is nobody in this game in MC?

None.

Sep 1 2010, 9:37 pm Tempz Post #340

I'd Abstain for now... however im thinking of Toa or apos

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 15 16 17 18 1948 >
  Back to forum