Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: League of Legends
League of Legends
May 25 2010, 6:33 am
By: poison_us
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6127 >

Jun 2 2010, 10:11 pm Bar Refaeli Post #61

what is this energy concept that some characters have while others have mana? is there anything about it besides it being yellow, charging faster, and the obvious?

None.

Jun 2 2010, 11:00 pm OlimarandLouie Post #62

For the Ninja heros, they have 200 energy (yellow bar) that recharges at a fair rate, you cannot effect how much you have.
For Mordekaiser, his gray bar is a shield-thing that gets "hp" whenever he deals damage with an ability.

Edit: Why don't you add MEMEME670 to that list? He's on sen (albeit very inactive) and he plays competitively. MEMEME670 (LoL) - (SEN) MEMEME670

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 5 2010, 1:28 am by OlimarandLouie.

None.

Jun 9 2010, 12:01 am Bar Refaeli Post #63

I bought mordekaiser, he sucks :P

None.

Jun 9 2010, 2:58 am Echo Post #64

Started playing but only like 1-3 games a day.

My name is Mistrial

None.

Jun 10 2010, 2:18 am Riney Post #65

Thigh high affectionado

Name is xRiney. My interpretation of this game is this: This game is nothing like hon, and should not be compared to it.

Tristana so far is my favorite hero, for obvious reasons.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jun 10 2010, 4:00 am poison_us Post #66

Back* from the grave

Quote from name:Dark_Marine
My interpretation of this game is this: This game is nothing like hon, and should not be compared to it.

Not sure if that's good or bad. Assuming good unless you say otherwise.

Jun 10 2010, 7:45 am NudeRaider Post #67

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

How does being different imply that is has to be better or worse?

Jun 10 2010, 11:48 am poison_us Post #68

Back* from the grave

Who said it was better or worse?

Jun 10 2010, 1:18 pm NudeRaider Post #69

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

You
Quote from poison_us

Jun 10 2010, 9:01 pm TiKels Post #70

Hon is amazing and is the best game ever, this game is nothing like hon, and should not be compared to it.
Hon and LoL are both good games but this game is nothing like hon, and should not be compared to it.

It really depends on your inflection. Two examples of possible meaning. Nude, you assumed the latter was his meaning (roughly).

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jun 11 2010, 1:21 am PunWisp Post #71

Quote from poison_us
Well, everyone is entitled to their wrong opinion. I'm here to provide a thread in which people who like LoL, or at least play it, can discuss. Please at least play the game before you bash it.

LoL has runes, with which you can customize your character's inherent stats. HoN does not.
LoL has a reward for fighting and finishing games, even if you lose. Quick wins or drawn-out defeats earn more time bonus than their opposites. HoN does not have a reward for fighting a long and hard loss, which discourages people from actually trying once it's obvious they're losing.
LoL has more characters, and no two of them are exactly alike (think witch slayer and pyromancer).
LoL's item system is more easy than trying to guess what item you want as in HoN's. With the store being sorted according to what you're browsing for on the left, the recommended build above (which I recommend you ignore, for the most part), and the actual item tree, you can see more information about an item than you can on HoN.
I mentioned lower graphics. Yes, I do find this to be both a boon and a bane, because people like Olimar can play LoL where HoN would lol at their attempt, while others can adjust the graphics to maximum and still not be satisfied.
You can purchase newer and better heroes in LoL, this is true, but the majority of players don't have the money to shell out for a character they might not even like, and would rather wait until they're sure than making an impulse buy with the reward points. There's a weekly rotation of temporary players, and from there you can either spend money or save the reward points mentioned in #2. Yes, it can potentially be imbalanced, but every gamer worth a crap can learn to cope.

Also, I don't get what you're saying here:
Quote from Devourer
as far as I know you can purchase new and better heros in LoL which automatically means that games can be imbalanced
So you're saying you'd rather have imbalanced heroes given to you than having to work and/or pay for them?

EDIT: TL;DR: they both have advantages and disadvantages. There's never a game that's better "in every aspect" than another.

Wrong opinions? And what gives you the right to say there opinion is wrong? >.>

And... I DESPISE ALL DOTA COPIES! Let them all burn in the fiery depths of... Mordor! :3

None.

Jun 11 2010, 7:39 pm poison_us Post #72

Back* from the grave

Quote from NudeRaider
You
Quote from poison_us
"good or bad" =/= "better or worse". I was remarking upon the incompatibility of comparison, nothing more.

Jun 11 2010, 11:23 pm Sand Wraith Post #73

she/her

Quote from PunWisp
And... I DESPISE ALL DOTA COPIES! Let them all burn in the fiery depths of... Mordor! :3

Does that you mean do not despise DotA? :O

Maybe I'll try to port DoE into HoN when the SDK comes out...
LoL is gay. No support for customs and mods. Gay. Gay. Gay. Gay.

Jun 12 2010, 12:11 am poison_us Post #74

Back* from the grave

Quote from name:New-.Hydrolisk
LoL is free. No support for customs and mods. Free. Free. Free. Free.

Jun 12 2010, 12:14 am Sand Wraith Post #75

she/her

Free is nothing to freedom.

Jun 12 2010, 12:24 am Bar Refaeli Post #76

Free is nothing to freedom.
awww shnap.

On a differnet note, I bought singed.

None.

Jun 12 2010, 12:28 am poison_us Post #77

Back* from the grave

...I'd suggest that you play more characters, rather than just buy ones on the spur of the moment. How much did you play Singed, and how often did you look at the forums for the character? I'm not saying that you did make an impulse buy, but it seems like you did from over here.

Jun 12 2010, 12:37 am Sand Wraith Post #78

she/her

I'd buy the Witch girl because she's a loli. :awesome:

Jun 12 2010, 1:46 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #79

Just here for the activity... well not really

I'd buy the Witch girl because she's a loli. :awesome:
Everyone's a loli in that game >_>

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"