Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: League of Legends
League of Legends
May 25 2010, 6:33 am
By: poison_us
Pages: < 1 2 3 4127 >

May 26 2010, 2:15 pm stickynote Post #21

I don't mean that HoN has a faster pace, but that the game speed is faster.
I like it when there is teamwork and all the spells come together anf own.

I'm registered as stickynote. I actually googled it because I thought itd be interesting to try, then I saw this topic.

EDIT: Just played LoL tutorial and one practice game with bots. Quite fun, but still getting used to the items and stuff. I don't think there's animation cancelling. So sad.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 27 2010, 12:47 am by stickynote.

None.

May 27 2010, 2:53 am Temp Post #22

I haven't played in a couple weeks but I feel like starting again. My username is temp133.

None.

May 27 2010, 8:29 pm dumbducky Post #23

The UI is horrendous. Hate it. However, the game is an acceptable alternative to HoN.

tits

May 27 2010, 9:24 pm OlimarandLouie Post #24

What is this UI that I keep hearing about? I'm not familiar with that term.

None.

May 27 2010, 9:43 pm Demented Shaman Post #25

User Interface.

None.

May 27 2010, 11:08 pm poison_us Post #26

Back* from the grave

Basically all the buttons and pictures and crap besides the playing field. In the videos on LoL's website, I think they usually have the UI cropped out. Below is an image I got from a website because LoL apparently uses a palette similar to Starcraft's, but doesn't save a file with the colors on a normal palette. I outlined the UI for you.

May 28 2010, 12:06 am ETEFT(U) Post #27

LoL is the most retarded game I've ever played. It's like a kiddy version of HoN, I feel like im playing Pokemon Vs. Pikmin when I play that trash. HoN is so much better then LoL in so many ways its not even funny to compare them together. LoL is simply what it stands for LAUGH OUT LOUD.. how bad is this game? Who would wanna play as Barney fighting against Pikachu.. seriously?

None.

May 28 2010, 12:25 am Jack Post #28

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from name:B-ETEFT
LoL is the most retarded game I've ever played. It's like a kiddy version of HoN, I feel like im playing Pokemon Vs. Pikmin when I play that trash. HoN is so much better then LoL in so many ways its not even funny to compare them together. LoL is simply what it stands for LAUGH OUT LOUD.. how bad is this game? Who would wanna play as Barney fighting against Pikachu.. seriously?
I would play Barney vs Pikachu...THAT WOULD BE AN EPIC GAME!

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 28 2010, 12:52 am OlimarandLouie Post #29

Quote from Jack
I would play Barney vs Pikachu...THAT WOULD BE AN EPIC GAME!
Yea, sounds like it'd be a great game!

None.

May 28 2010, 1:36 am NudeRaider Post #30

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

And here we have what separates the men from the boys. ;)

May 28 2010, 5:28 pm poison_us Post #31

Back* from the grave

Alright, since the other one got deleted, how about you say what you don't like about LoL rather than just bashing the crap out of it while switching from Pikmin to a kid's TV host? I mean, this is for discussion, and this is not discussing. Everyone else, including negrodamus' shortest post so far, includes specific things that they don't like about LoL.

May 28 2010, 9:23 pm ETEFT(U) Post #32

K.

1. No stun
2. To cartoonish
3. Hurts my eyes
4. Lady announcer
5. Buy heroes?
6. Hurrible UI
7. Item set up is wierd

None.

May 28 2010, 9:44 pm poison_us Post #33

Back* from the grave

K.

1. No stun
2. To cartoonish
3. Hurts my eyes
4. Lady announcer
5. Buy heroes?
6. Hurrible UI
7. Item set up is wierd
1: Alistar, Amumu, Anivia, Annie, Ashe, Blitzcrank, Evelynn, Heimerdinger, Jax, Kennen, Malphite, Morgana, Pantheon, Poppy, Sion, Taric, Twisted Fate, Udyr, Veigar, Warwick all have stun spells. All characters can buy stun items, too.
2 & 3: Same thing, really. A matter of opinion.
4: Sexist, are we?
5: Or get them through playing.
6: :hurr:ible? or horrible? In either case, see #s 2 & 3.
7: What's weird about having understandable descriptions?

May 28 2010, 10:13 pm Sand Wraith Post #34

she/her

"Too cartoonish" would be a style of art, specific regard to proportions and style of shapes (see: Guild Wars vs. World of WarCraft). "Hurts my eyes" would apply to lighting, shading, and colouring (see: the Sun). "Hurrible UI" would be a horrible UI that is badly laid out and confusing (see: Can't think of any examples, except maybe SC2 B.Net interface).

You have a bad interpretation. :awesome:

--

Looking at the screenie: I don't really like the UI. I don't highly dislike it, but it's not very appealing either. Minimap is on the wrong side. Looking up at the enemy stats is tiresome for the eyes. Loads of wasted space.
Pretty much same problem as HoN, except to a greater degree.
(Additionally, thanks to mods, HoN can be customized to conserve screen space.)

I've nothing yet to say about actual gameplay. Have yet to play LoL (went part way through tutorial and got bored).

May 29 2010, 5:25 pm poison_us Post #35

Back* from the grave

I never looked at the tutorial. HoN was enough tutorial for me; if I fail at LoL after being decent at HoN...then maybe AoS-style games aren't my thing.

Anyways, those three things are all matters of opinion. Regardless of them being able/unable to be classified as the same thing, I don't have a problem with the graphics, cartoonish stuffs, or the UI. The only thing I miss about HoN's UI that is absent AFAIK is the k/d/a for every member display. I got used to the minimap on the right. It's actually easier than on the left, if you're the team in the bottom left, as it virtually negates the accidental minimap click that makes you look like a member of Al-Qaeda :><:

Yeah, the UI could be more, but it could also be less. The details in the middle of the top of the screen are for any selected unit, and disappear if you click anywhere. The team stuffs on the left only update when you can see the player it's referring to, which is slightly annoying. However, with my 16:9 (widescreen) resolution, there's still enough vertical space to see what's going down in the playing field. At least for me.

May 29 2010, 6:22 pm ETEFT(U) Post #36

Quote from poison_us
[color=#FFDAB9]I never looked at the tutorial. HoN was enough tutorial for me; if I fail at LoL after being decent at HoN...then maybe AoS-style games aren't my thing.
[color]

I don't think 900-1100 PSR is being decent at HoN.

None.

May 29 2010, 7:12 pm OlimarandLouie Post #37

Things I love most about LoL:
1 - Teleport (Summoner spell)
2 - Generally friendly community
3 - Faster lvling than HoN
4 - Skins :D
5 - Cartoony graphics
6 - Free to play
7 - Easy to understand shop

Things I love most about HoN:
1 - Leaver Protection
2 - The announcer
3 - Destructible trees
4 - Many game modes
5 - The sullen/wartorn graphics
6 - The two factions and their names.
7 - The item-carrying monkey :D

Things I hate most about LoL:
1 - No replays
2 - Items are a tad OP (In my opinion)
3 - Kennen
4 - No replays
5 - If one person is fed the game is usually over.

Things I hate most about HoN:
1 - $30 pricetag (I'm not paying money for something I'm not very good at and something that my computer can barely top at 14 fps)
2 - Harder to learn (for me)
3 - The confusing shops
4 - You have to buy one-use items to teleport.
5 - Hard to come back if your behind in lvling.

None.

May 29 2010, 8:09 pm NudeRaider Post #38

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from OlimarandLouie
Things I hate most about HoN:
1 - $30 pricetag (I'm not paying money for something I'm not very good at and something that my computer can barely top at 14 fps)
2 - Harder to learn (for me)
3 - The confusing shops
4 - You have to buy one-use items to teleport.
5 - Hard to come back if your behind in lvling.
3: Not confusing. Left row are stand alone items, right are recipes and recommended.
Each line houses one category. From top to bottom: Consumables/Recommended, Support, Attack, Defense, Attack Modifiers (Yes I know that's I must have a mistake or 2 in my categories list - it's been a while I played)

4: There's also Post Haste or Nymph's Teleport

5: Hard but not impossible. If you made mistakes early they should be punished.

May 29 2010, 8:16 pm ForTheSwarm Post #39

To each their own. If they want to play LoL over HoN, it's not gonna kill you to let them. Stop LoL-bashing.

None.

May 29 2010, 8:48 pm Valug Post #40

As someone who has put time into both games, and never played DotA, I prefer LoL. My name in game is plantains.

As far as the HON vs. LoL debate, I love how HON looks graphically, but HON can also turn into a clusterfuck of effects very easily and its very confusing as to whats what, granted I played HON on max settings, so maybe its easier to distinguish shit on lower settings. LoL's effects are very easy to distinguish, whether its sounds or ingame graphics, so I always know what all the other champs are doing, even in 5v5 teamfights.

Shop wise, I have to believe that anyone arguing that the HON shop is better has never played LoL. Its no contest. LoL has the simplest categories ever and the tech tree for items is easily accessed. If you don't know, heres some catagories for the shop in LoL: Attack (stuff that increases attack), Lifesteal (stuff that gives lifesteal), Attack Speed (stuff that gives attack speed). Every item page has a section that shows all the things that the item builds into, and you can click those to pull up the WHOLE build, where you can buy parts individually or all at once. Also, when the shop is open, you can click on any item you currently own and instantly go to its item page and see what it builds into, letting you build all or part of complicated items in only a few clicks and not having to go through tons of different pages to buy all the items needed.

A lot of the HON fanboys here are also complaining about how you can buy heroes in LoL. I find this hypocritical since HON costs money to play at all, and in LoL, you never have to pay money and you are at NO DISADVANTAGE. All heroes in LoL can be unlocked easily by buying them with the in game currency you get for playing games. There are not "premium heroes" in LoL that you are at a disadvantage if you don't have, and the free champions that cycle ever week cover a broad spectrum of types of heroes.

Also, people are saying that low levels are at a disadvantage because they do not have runes. Well, first of all, the runes are not that big of a deal, the bonuses they offer are marginal and a level one ashe who knows how to play her will always beat the level 30 ashe, with a full rune page, who doesn't. Also, LoL uses a matchmaking system, level 1 players are never matched against level 30 players, unless they are in a party with level 30s. And even then, they bring the team ELO down.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4127 >
  Back to forum