Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: League of Legends
League of Legends
May 25 2010, 6:33 am
By: poison_us
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5127 >

May 29 2010, 10:36 pm ShredderIV Post #41

Also, people are saying that low levels are at a disadvantage because they do not have runes. Well, first of all, the runes are not that big of a deal, the bonuses they offer are marginal and a level one ashe who knows how to play her will always beat the level 30 ashe, with a full rune page, who doesn't. Also, LoL uses a matchmaking system, level 1 players are never matched against level 30 players, unless they are in a party with level 30s. And even then, they bring the team ELO down.
I have actually had numerous reports from friends who tried the game and at lvl 1 were matched with lvl 25s. They got their asses handed to them because the other player had some bonus that made them impossible to harass, they said.

And honestly, for all the people complaining about the $30 for HON, it's really not that much money, as has been said 400 times before. S2 games honestly needs to make some kind of money off of it. Also, WC3 cost ~50 bucks to get the expansion to play dota, so anyone who played dota before HON or LOL CANNOT use the price tag as an excuse.

None.

May 29 2010, 11:09 pm Demented Shaman Post #42

Quote from OlimarandLouie
4 - Skins :D
Yea, LoL has skins that you have to pay for. HoN has FREE MODS that are even more epic than skins.

TOO BAD IT'S ME, BLACKSMITH. HON WINS.

Also, the LoL shop sucks and the items suck.

Oh yea, and HoN's $30 price tag is VERY reasonable. For a small one time fee you're paying for a game that's going to constantly be updated with new content. Unlike LoL where you'll be constantly nickled and dimed if you want the newest things right away.
From what I read also 1 RP = 0.01$ and from what I see you will need around 200$ to unlock everything.
But if your going to buy heros just buy the pack thats like 45$ and comes with all of them except the new heros.
LoL fails. That costs already more than HoN does and LoL has less heroes. You buy HoN and you get instant access to every hero whenever you want including the newest heroes too.

Comparing LoL and HoN is like comparing checkers and chess. Some may prefer checkers over chess, but overall chess is the better game.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 29 2010, 11:17 pm by devilesk.

None.

May 30 2010, 3:21 am Nocturn Post #43

Quote from name:devilesk
Comparing LoL and HoN is like comparing checkers and chess. Some may prefer checkers over chess, but overall chess is the better game.
Although I agree Chess is a better game, its a terrible analogy because whether one is better than the other is purely subjective opinion.

I've played DotA, LoL and HoN and I would order them like this: LoL > DotA > HoN

It's true that HoN's graphics are technically the best, however, I find the Warcraft 3 engine graphics the most pleasant. Honestly though, the graphics should not be a large factor to anyone who plays for the competitive entertainment each one provides.

Quote from Devourer
The UI and overall graphics quality is one of the worst I've ever seen this year.
Gameplay is worse than in HoN and as far as I know you can purchase new and better heros in LoL which automatically means that games can be imbalanced as you can have two or more "new-good-heros" in the opponents team while you have only the standard ones.
The Store in LoL is just worse. Only some items horrible sorted and not even fitting the layout.

Therefore, HoN is better than LoL in every aspect.
You can buy any hero or you can spend points you earn by playing to get any hero. Heroes that cost more are not necessarily better than the cheaper ones, for instance Ashe is one of the best heroes in the game and she is in the lowest cost tier (you can purchase her by playing just a couple games). The cost is simply there to provide incentive to keep playing and give a sense of progression to the game. Each week they have a new random batch of heroes that are available to you. In my opinion, the store is setup much better in LoL than in HoN, though this isn't even a factor when eventually you'll be accustomed to either. Saying HoN is better than LoL in every aspect is extremely juvenile, especially when you haven't extensively played League of Legends.

At the end of the day its just a matter of preference of game flow and mechanics, and I enjoy how League of Legends handles and plays out more than HoN. I think too many people are brushing this game off too quickly because they can't get passed the cell shaded graphics and aren't willing to give it a fair chance. Try playing a few games instead of disembarking at the tutorial.

Quote from name:B-ETEFT
1. No stun
2. To cartoonish
3. Hurts my eyes
4. Lady announcer
5. Buy heroes?
6. Hurrible UI
7. Item set up is wierd
1. Clearly you didn't even try the game
2. Superficial
3. Superficial
4. Superficial
5. Ultimately doesn't matter that much
6. Matter of opinion, but you'll get used to either UI quickly
7. Different (and better Imo) and superficial

HoN and LoL comparisons aside, right now I like the playing styles of Tristana, Ryze and Tryndamere the best right now. Twitch needs to be nerfed, his poison isn't effected by magic resist or armor unlike every other poison in the game for no apparent reason.

None.

May 30 2010, 3:59 am dumbducky Post #44

Why it's called LoL:

Attachments:
lol.png
Hits: 24 Size: 872.17kb

tits

May 30 2010, 7:30 am Demented Shaman Post #45

Quote from Nocturn
Quote from name:devilesk
Although I agree Chess is a better game, its a terrible analogy because whether one is better than the other is purely subjective opinion.
It's a perfect analogy because it's subjective. Those that prefer checkers over chess have just as bad taste as those that prefer LoL over HoN.

None.

May 30 2010, 8:47 am LooKe Post #46

Quote from ShredderIV
And honestly, for all the people complaining about the $30 for HON, it's really not that much money, as has been said 400 times before. S2 games honestly needs to make some kind of money off of it. Also, WC3 cost ~50 bucks to get the expansion to play dota, so anyone who played dota before HON or LOL CANNOT use the price tag as an excuse.
If you are buying War3 just for dota then you are right, we can't use it as an excuse. However, most people buy War3 for the game, not so they can play dota. dota is just a bonus that you get along with purchasing the game you actually wanted.

[EDIT]
My username is LooKeLooKe

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 31 2010, 3:45 am by JB4times4.

None.

May 31 2010, 5:39 am Sand Wraith Post #47

she/her

I actually have signed up and have an account and sh*t, but I'll post when I remember my details, lol.

EDIT:
okay it's "hydrolisk"

Update the username listings so I can play newb games with SEN players, 'cause I'm a newb at LoL.
Might play more LoL 'cause my computer blows.

WILL BE HANGING AROUND IN SEN

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on May 31 2010, 6:44 am by New-.Hydrolisk.

May 31 2010, 6:50 am poison_us Post #48

Back* from the grave

Quote from name:B-ETEFT
I don't think 900-1100 PSR is being decent at HoN.
You forget there are teammates. A few bad games can really kick the crap out of your PSR, and once that happens...

Devilesk, anything I would've said others said for me. Thanks guys.

In addition to what was said before, though, after like 10 games I got my main character: Nasus. 1135 points or something, and he's pretty damn sexy.

Nocturne, what's your LoL name, so I can add you to the list?

Hydrolisk, you should DEFINITELY be fine.

Quote from ForTheSwarm
To each their own. If they want to play LoL over HoN, it's not gonna kill you to let them. Stop LoL-bashing.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 31 2010, 6:59 am by poison_us.

May 31 2010, 12:05 pm OlimarandLouie Post #49

So dumbducky you went 25-4-5 as Kassadin and lost? That's' impressive but I don't see how that happened, even in a 2v3.

None.

May 31 2010, 1:16 pm dumbducky Post #50

We just couldn't push. If we went one way, their team would show up at our backdoor. I spent so much time ganking it was ridiculous. The only way they could kill me was if I went after all 3 of them by myself. And they couldn't kill me because I would just riftwalk out whenever I got into danger. They finally won when I killed them and they showed up at our undefended base while I was trying to kill their minion spawn building thing. Factor in a partner who didn't really help much, and it is pretty easy to see how I lost.

tits

May 31 2010, 2:01 pm OlimarandLouie Post #51

So who does everyone like to play?
I play Karthus /with skin :D
And Kassadin /with skin :D
And starting to try Mordekaiser /with skin :D

None.

May 31 2010, 2:21 pm ShredderIV Post #52

You forget there are teammates. A few bad games can really kick the crap out of your PSR, and once that happens...
Honestly, that is still not an excuse to have 900-1100 psr. I had a bad streak of teammates once, where i lost I think, 10 games in a row. My PSR still never dropped below 1300. If you're decent, then when your PSR drops, you should win more due to you playing against less skilled players.

None.

May 31 2010, 5:31 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #53

Just here for the activity... well not really

Account name is Toridez.

I went 38-4, formerly 20-0, with Amumu in a 3v5. So, yeah, balance is trippy.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

May 31 2010, 10:40 pm poison_us Post #54

Back* from the grave

Quote from OlimarandLouie
So who does everyone like to play?
Sion -- Great late-game tank. Stun is a decent duration too, and ulti makes him virtually impossible to kill without taking all 5 players.
Nasus -- See above.
Tristana -- Runes add 10% attack speed, and her jump recharges on kills/assists, so suicidal tactics are always fun ^^
Started playing them in that order. Have not spent a dime, nor have Failbook, so I don't have any skins.

Jun 1 2010, 1:45 am Bar Refaeli Post #55

looks weird but could possibly be entertaining. i may check it out tommorow.

None.

Jun 1 2010, 10:07 pm Bar Refaeli Post #56

my summoner name is Rahkoon
I tried talking to people in the game, asking for item builds and such, but no one ever responded cept once in a while a "care" or "come fast"
I always took the graphics of HoN for granted, specially cause I never played DoTA, but for me its almost impossible to tell whats going on in a team fight
Comparing HoN and LoL, HoN is of course much better. But LoL is still kinda fun so theres not really a need to go on and on about HoN
also why can I only pick a limited amount of heroes? :O they want my money! gtfo

None.

Jun 1 2010, 10:56 pm OlimarandLouie Post #57

They swap out free heroes every week.

None.

Jun 1 2010, 11:19 pm poison_us Post #58

Back* from the grave

Quote from name:Raccoon
also why can I only pick a limited amount of heroes? :O they want my money! gtfo

Quote from Valug
All heroes in LoL can be unlocked easily by buying them with the in game currency you get for playing games.

Jun 2 2010, 1:04 am Sand Wraith Post #59

she/her

I wish that LoL came with like, 5-core Heroes or something that were completely free of charge. I really really wanted to play as the fire-witch-girl. :(

EDIT:
Shen will be my first buy, unless the fire-witch-girl is cheaper.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 2 2010, 2:04 am by New-.Hydrolisk.

Jun 2 2010, 5:58 pm poison_us Post #60

Back* from the grave

Annie: 1350 IP, Shen: 3150 IP.
EDIT: only nubs try to 3v1 an itemed-up Nasus.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 2 2010, 7:21 pm by poison_us.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5127 >
  Back to forum