34%
Saturday after 4pm PST 8

54%
Saturday after 7pm PST 1

7%
Others (please specify) 1

7%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 15 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

May 8 2010, 4:45 am Forsaken Archer Post #121

I liked that BGH map. Will play again.

None.

May 8 2010, 5:32 am LoTu)S Post #122

Some screenshots from the mapnight, forgot about the challenge until later, but meh.
Collapse Box

Mapnight was fun, highlight was prolly BGH or Hot potato game, really need more maps though. :D

None.

May 8 2010, 5:40 am payne Post #123

:payne:

Quote from Aristocrat
Went to map night. Initial impression: no one wanted to play maps that they didn't play before.

I then get flamed in the shoutbox and op SEN for trying to host my map in lieu of their clearly superior BGH derivative maps full of innovative concepts such as attacking other players. Certain members expressed disdain at my map's quality before even playing it, claiming that anything with "micro" in its name is shit.

Out of 19 times I hosted, 8 times no one joined, 5 times one person joined, insulted me, then left; 4 times only 3 people came and we could not start, 1 time people massjoined and spammed "over9000" and quit; only once was I able to successfully start a game.

Played 1 BGH map. Went 4gate goon (which was screwed over by the horrible BGH gas and mineral positions and delayed my attack by like half a minute) and steamrolled yellow; was about to kill red, but my base got wiped by a DT rush and thus my goon army melted when my pylon died. (the ONLY counter to 4gate goon is DT btw). Lucky me.
Man, you told me there was only 3 people that shown at the Map Night, then hosted a Phantom, did you really think I'd stay? Moreover, as long as I stayed in the lobby, it was still a private game => only 3 players.

None.

May 8 2010, 7:15 am Wing Zero Post #124

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Well unlike aristocrat i had fun the whole time even tough on that specific game i had the bad luck of being BROWN ZERG uuuuggghh. I also had a chance to prank some SEN members :D

EDIT: I just noticed someone posted screenies before me and that i was in every one of those games, how do i post them as pictures instead of a download?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 8 2010, 9:01 am by Wing Zero.

May 8 2010, 7:42 am Azrael Post #125

Yeah, it was fun. Favorite maps of the night were probably Falling Tiles and Hot Potato. Mercury would have been better if I wasn't terribad at it ^^ And that rickroll really came out of nowhere haha.

May 8 2010, 7:43 am EzTerix Post #126

map night was average for me but what can I say really I was afk for half of it and played all the crappy glitchy maps. Also lucky Lotus got to play super mario rpg for SC I like that game even though it gives me a headache ;p

overall for me: ok

None.

May 8 2010, 2:07 pm LoTu)S Post #127

Quote from Wing Zero
Well unlike aristocrat i had fun the whole time even tough on that specific game i had the bad luck of being BROWN ZERG uuuuggghh. I also had a chance to prank some SEN members :D

EDIT: I just noticed someone posted screenies before me and that i was in every one of those games, how do i post them as pictures instead of a download?
Heh, Aristocrat had the liberty of killing one of my targets. I simply countered him and OV kill/dt you. Everything was planned :sly: also, if you want to post the screen, host it on a picture hosting site(I use tinypic.com), and copy paste the code you get after uploading.(it starts with[IMG])

None.

May 9 2010, 4:03 am UnholyUrine Post #128

Wing's Screenie

CONGRATULATIONS WING ZERO, YOUR SCREENIE HAS WON THE MAPNIGHT #2's SCREENSHOT CHALLENGE!!! (sorry, LoTu)s .. but it made me giggle :P)
It will be uploaded on the front page for everyone to admire =D

None.

May 9 2010, 4:09 am LoTu)S Post #129

I just posted random screenies for w/e reason i was thinking atm. AND THAT MAP WAS STUPID >:O OMG THE DL WAS SO LONG AND I GOT RICK'ROLLD. I want those 5 minutes back...

None.

May 9 2010, 2:08 pm Aristocrat Post #130

Rickroll and fake maps are the plague of Bnet. Nowadays when people see a big map they just quit immediately, thinking "man another rickroll". Thanks.

None.

May 9 2010, 9:52 pm Wing Zero Post #131

It wasn't a big map at all, people just downloaded it one by one for some reason

May 11 2010, 2:00 am UnholyUrine Post #132

lol let's have some sense of humor here...

I mean look at that beautiful mini map pic!! That itself was good enough to win...

I'll be more serious in picking the winner next time. :)

Also.. I've added new Hosters:
Wing Zero
ImagoDeo
Leeroy_Jenkins
OlimarandLouie

(tho ID is going to be a more transient hoster)

None.

May 12 2010, 2:37 am Tharuk Zhal Omaenha Post #133

Aristocrat, you are a stiffly stifferson, my friend.

None.

May 14 2010, 6:30 pm UnholyUrine Post #134

Map Night #3 Is TONIGHT
at 7-9pm PST (10pm-12am EST)
Be There.. or Be Squuuarre

None.

May 14 2010, 6:57 pm Aristocrat Post #135

I will be attempting to host these maps:

-Renegade BGH
-Desert Strike Ultima Platinum 2x
-Macro Micro 6v1
-Hexarena
-and random good ones i have in my DL folder.

None.

May 14 2010, 7:47 pm UnholyUrine Post #136

Hmmm...

I'll give you enough access to my bot so you can add some maps to the maplist (type ,addquote <map> .. you can type ,quote for a random map suggestion)

In fact, if you are interested and committed, I can classify you as a hoster. Tho, in the meantime, it does not have much meaning :C.

None.

May 18 2010, 2:56 pm Wing Zero Post #137

You know, now that minerals are back maybe the winners of the screenie contests should get like 2 or 3 minerals for winning *hint hint*. Too bad i forgot to take a screenshot last time D:

May 18 2010, 4:20 pm UnholyUrine Post #138

^^ yes definitely. I'll ask corbo/ip for some mineral sponsorship

It's a bit late.. but some highlights from last Map Night:
  • Alpha Marines FFA mode rocks... and my new enemy is TheTinyPest
  • BPM .. another close race
  • Devilesk's devilesque appearance
  • All of us leaving Devilesk's tag game... then him leaving mine D:
  • Devilesk's devilesque dissapearance (rejoice!)

Anywho... If i can get some mineral sponsorship, The Next Screenshot Challenge WILL have Mineral Prizes.
So remember to take some screenies!

EdiT: some future prospects
- There aren't enough people going on during Map Nights to really spread out the Games.. therefore, I'll keep the time the same until more people actually show up
- Several hosters are already not keeping their word :P .. but transience is understandable. As long as you show up most of the time, all is fine.

None.

May 21 2010, 4:04 am UnholyUrine Post #139

Map Night #4 is TOMORROW
at 7-9pm PST (10pm-12am EST)
Be There.. or Be Squuuarre

None.

May 22 2010, 8:38 am EzTerix Post #140

hmm don't know what to say about this map night

other than that alot of ppl were SQUARE :flamer:

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 910 >