34%
Saturday after 4pm PST 8

54%
Saturday after 7pm PST 1

7%
Others (please specify) 1

7%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 15 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Apr 30 2010, 7:36 pm payne Post #101

:payne:

I should be there around 9h30 :O

None.

Apr 30 2010, 8:12 pm Wing Zero Post #102

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Haha I woke up! I'll definitly be there tonight :P

Apr 30 2010, 10:12 pm CecilSunkure Post #103

I'll be hosting the following maps most likely:
  • Bloody Hydras 2-8p
  • Alpha Marines 2-6p
  • CTF Dustfort 4-8p
  • Dodge the Light 3 2-7p
  • Random Fighterz Chaos 2-7p?
  • FF7 Murder Mystery 2-8p?
  • Quickdraw 2-6p?

Over the years of playing SC UMS, these are the most fun and faster paced games. I believe they all use 7-8 players max, and need at least 4.

LETS DO THIS

None.

Apr 30 2010, 11:42 pm Zoan Post #104

Math + Physics + StarCraft = Zoan

all right all right... I just uploaded an AWSOME 8-player game. It's sort of like unreal tournament / halo-ish. It would be an amazing game to play during map night. I can't host, so here's its download:

Attachments:
WIP.scx
Hits: 5 Size: 225.7kb

\:rip\:ooooo\:wob\:ooooo \:angel\: ooooo\:wob\:ooooo\:rip\:

May 1 2010, 12:35 am StarcraftPro Post #105

Omg 1 hour and 30mins...
STILL WAITING <3 :crazy:

None.

May 1 2010, 5:26 am UnholyUrine Post #106

Alright...

That was it... The end of the First Map Night.
First of all, I have to say that the turn up was modest, but by no means bad :D. We had a few good games.... but I was tired as shit today, cause I had to finish my Finals, and then do my Taxes, all before mapnight .. holy shit.

Some Highlights:
  • DavidJCobb totally missing the point in mafia .. making me suffer tremendously as well X.X (i f'ing typed "m Davidjcobb we gotta kill everyone .. that's the objectives" w/o the slash .. UGH)
  • JHZ Hero -- Korean Overload
  • Overtaking Tikels at the Last leg of BPM :D
  • SCPro missing his Midnight Soccer .. w00t

Anyways. I do have a few suggestions to throw out... One is, again, some sort of random'esque tournament to give incentives for players to come. The other would be some sort of order or control that Hosters would follow to keep as few people staying at the channel with nothing to do (i.e. StarcraftPro) while the others were playing.

Sorry bout that, SCPro. You came in when we all left to game. :\

Another thing was that the bot, in the end, did not get any Ops whatsoever. You could argue that there's no reason for me to get ops, but again, if you're not even participating, why would u even stay and commit to checking the channel every now and then :\. At least with my bot, various hosters control things in case of an attack or some sort.

Now I do have some ideas for competition... how does this sound
- The Screenshot Challenge -- Person with the best screenshot and description that's taken during Mapnight can post it here and win a grand, excellent, brilliant acknowledgement.
(Since it must be during mapnight, the screenies must be verified by one of the Hosters that it is, indeed, during mapnight... Or at least have someway to prove that it is.)
The screenshots can be Anything.. literally... and the descriptions to match can also be anything. This would be pretty interesting in itself.

what'd u say?

All in all.. great. Let's do it again, next week.
~Unholy

None.

May 1 2010, 5:38 am Changeling Post #107

Woops, i missed it. Didn't know if it was west or east and panicked and didn't go.

Oh well :-_-:

None.

May 1 2010, 5:52 am LoTu)S Post #108

Mapnight was fun. After so much criticism about jhz over the years, i realized its too much of a korean game to be played.
We should get more team games in too. Squad support was probably the highlight for me, and Alpha marines being the most lulzy. Can't wait for next week. :D

None.

May 1 2010, 6:49 am Jack Post #109

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Sorry that I left halfway through that game of CTF, my brother unplugged the router down the other end of the house to put in a new socket board, then I had schoolwork and dinner. I'll try get on again tonight if anything's still happening.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 1 2010, 7:42 am Wing Zero Post #110

Quote from Jack
Sorry that I left halfway through that game of CTF, my brother unplugged the router down the other end of the house to put in a new socket board, then I had schoolwork and dinner. I'll try get on again tonight if anything's still happening.
Its ok dude we still won. It was really awesome since it was my first time playing that map. (with the only point scored the entire game by me)

PS. I would have won that BPM game if i didn't get screwed over by a limit and dual reavers

May 1 2010, 7:49 am EzTerix Post #111

Quote from Jack

Your team thought the game was acting iffy and booted you from there team xD.

Somewhat fun mapnight but I am unbelievably tired zzz. Was good anyway =)

None.

May 1 2010, 7:54 am DavidJCobb Post #112

I missed out on most of Unholy's games after my... surge of neuroticism... but when I later got back on and gamed with Cecil, I found that Aristocrat's Sym Phantom was quite fun. I don't know if that's in the map pool, but if it's not, I think it should be.

And I knew we had to kill everyone in Mafia. I just sucked balls at it. I got killed by a Medic. By a freaking Medic. Within the first few minutes. And I couldn't get the recruitable houses to recruit. I just failed epically. D:

None.

May 1 2010, 3:03 pm CecilSunkure Post #113

We lived on for quite a while after unholy left, successful mapnight was successful (no thanks to Lethal_Illusion or qPirateKing :P ).

None.

May 1 2010, 3:38 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #114

Just here for the activity... well not really

we're supposed to take screenies?
damn. I will next time.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

May 1 2010, 4:36 pm ClansAreForGays Post #115

I thought PST was +3 EST, not -3, so I was very late, but it was still a success (as was ffa night)

May 1 2010, 5:29 pm UnholyUrine Post #116

It IS +3 ... but queen and a whole lot of other peeps showed up early O.O

Wait i'm confused...
it's 10pm-12am EST guys! But Showing up early has its benefits :D

- The Screenshot Challenge -- Person with the best screenshot and description that's taken during Mapnight can post it here and win a grand, excellent, brilliant acknowledgement.
(Since it must be during mapnight, the screenies must be verified by one of the Hosters that it is, indeed, during mapnight... Or at least have someway to prove that it is.)
The screenshots can be Anything.. literally... and the descriptions to match can also be anything. This would be pretty interesting in itself.
This is just something I was brainstorming.. It'd be a neat lil challenge in it of itself. But it starts Next week =D

None.

May 7 2010, 2:50 pm Wing Zero Post #117

Sorry guys i wont make it to map night til late because I'm gonna go watch iron man 2 with my friend D:

May 7 2010, 4:03 pm UnholyUrine Post #118

Argh you beat me to posting...

Here's a friendly reminder

Map Night #2 -- TONIGHT 7-9pm PST (10-12pm EST)
IN J0R FACE!!!

Unfortunately, I also wouldn't be here tonight since I'm going to watch the Canucks game with my friends =D D=
Fortunately, this is where the Hosters step in... Cecil, Lil, and Lotu)s will be giving the responsibility of hosting games for mapnight tonight.
If you have any questions, ask them. Or you can ,mail UnholyUrine@useast and I might get back to you.
I'll also be checking the log.. so don't spam.. cause I'll know >=D

Finally.. I still could use some reliable people to be a Hoster.. I was hoping for more people from SEN to respond.. but I guess people don't like to commit themselves (srsly tho.. it's not a biiig commitment :rolleyes: ) .. @StarcraftPro .. if u ever read this.. You still have a chance! :D .. tho u might not care anymore :C

None.

May 8 2010, 4:26 am Aristocrat Post #119

Went to map night. Initial impression: no one wanted to play maps that they didn't play before.

I then get flamed in the shoutbox and op SEN for trying to host my map in lieu of their clearly superior BGH derivative maps full of innovative concepts such as attacking other players. Certain members expressed disdain at my map's quality before even playing it, claiming that anything with "micro" in its name is shit.

Out of 19 times I hosted, 8 times no one joined, 5 times one person joined, insulted me, then left; 4 times only 3 people came and we could not start, 1 time people massjoined and spammed "over9000" and quit; only once was I able to successfully start a game.

Played 1 BGH map. Went 4gate goon (which was screwed over by the horrible BGH gas and mineral positions and delayed my attack by like half a minute) and steamrolled yellow; was about to kill red, but my base got wiped by a DT rush and thus my goon army melted when my pylon died. (the ONLY counter to 4gate goon is DT btw). Lucky me.

None.

May 8 2010, 4:37 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #120

Just here for the activity... well not really

hey I crashed when the game started, do you know what might've caused that?

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 810 >
  Back to forum