Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Starcraft font (used in game chat)
Starcraft font (used in game chat)
Jan 23 2010, 12:18 am
By: Sv.  

Jan 23 2010, 12:18 am Sv. Post #1

I'm looking for a font similar to the one used in chat during game. What's important - the character widths have to be the same. I've found 1 or 2 in MS Word where letters have basicly the same widths, but spaces are either too wide or too narrow.

I need it, so I can put all the strings into word or notepad and check how does one line is situated against another. Otherwise I'd need to launch game many times to add/remove some spaces in order to justify text in the middle of the screen for example.

None.

Jan 23 2010, 1:37 am MadZombie Post #2

Quote from Sv.
I'm looking for a font similar to the one used in chat during game. What's important - the character widths have to be the same. I've found 1 or 2 in MS Word where letters have basicly the same widths, but spaces are either too wide or too narrow.

I need it, so I can put all the strings into word or notepad and check how does one line is situated against another. Otherwise I'd need to launch game many times to add/remove some spaces in order to justify text in the middle of the screen for example.
That's what mostly everyone does. How about looking for a font program? All you would have to do is turn each individual letter into an image then ...

I'd just do it like everyone else. with practices, it's the best way to do it.

None.

Jan 23 2010, 3:52 pm Sv. Post #3

Yea, I do the same, but wouldn't it be much easier if you could write and position everything in notepad, and then just copy to triggers and it'd be as you want in first try?
Well, if noone heard about that font (I've searched google myself for quite a lot of time) I might try to make it in some font editor.

None.

Jan 23 2010, 8:33 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #4

👻 👾 👽 💪

The spaces are slightly different depending on where the text is. Where are you looking for?

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jan 24 2010, 4:29 pm poiuy_qwert Post #5

PyMS and ProTRG developer

You can use PyMS to get and decompile StarCraft's fonts it to .bmp with PyFNT, or you can preview your strings using PyTBL's built in string previewer.

Jan 29 2010, 5:57 pm Sv. Post #6

All right, I've made this font. Took some time, but was worth the effort.

To install font on Windows, download this file and then drag'n'drop it into C:\Windows\Fonts (don't save the file there directly, you have to copy it there for the font to be installed).
In Notepad it's best displayed in font size 15,30, etc., Word - all sizes.

I've already eliminated few errors, but if you still find something, let me know. Also if you want me to add more, because not all characters are glyphed, only those you see on keyboard. So if you type some fancy ascii char, you will see half-cutted symbol, or nothing at all.

Attachments:
StarCraft.ttf
Hits: 113 Size: 45.68kb

None.

Options
  Back to forum