Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Tux's Last Mega Map
Tux's Last Mega Map
Dec 30 2009, 12:51 pm
By: The Starport
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 78 >

Jan 12 2010, 5:04 pm The Starport Post #81

No, I won't do more than one, and I won't mix goals to make it.

But I do have something I want to do first, actually...

None.

Jan 12 2010, 7:31 pm Rantent Post #82

Tux's Second to Last Mega Map!

None.

Jan 12 2010, 7:39 pm fritfrat Post #83

I'll put in the vote for lots of small maps, if they are at least complex enough to have good replayability. :)

None.

Jan 12 2010, 9:09 pm The Starport Post #84

Glad someone likes that option. It is one I could still consider, by the way.

Quote from Rantent
Tux's Second to Last Mega Map!
haha no

None.

Jan 12 2010, 11:36 pm TiKels Post #85

I COMMAND you to stop being so eerie and mysterious.
If you pull the rabbit out of the hat and say "I already completed SIN for the contest, i just wanted to see what people would think" I don't know what I'd do.
LulSpam

But no really. Dont be so... RAWR IM A NINJA LOOK AT MY AMAZING SUSPENSE.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jan 13 2010, 4:14 am The Starport Post #86

No.

None.

Jan 16 2010, 2:35 am TiKels Post #87

Oh u clever devil. I didn't expect that. Tux, how long have u been mapping?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jul 7 2010, 9:43 pm The Starport Post #88

lvl 69 necro

Hmm. Should I still do this? If so, I've thought of another possible option that I could post to decide on.

Or I could just stick with Sin?

Actually, again, I still need some things done before (if) I decide anything. Fuck me for taking so long. :stfu:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 7 2010, 10:16 pm by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Jul 7 2010, 10:27 pm ClansAreForGays Post #89

I vote for Sin again.

Jul 7 2010, 11:10 pm The Starport Post #90

How can you vote when you don't know my new idea? :P

I might still go with Sin anyway, though

None.

Jul 7 2010, 11:14 pm Azrael Post #91

Disclaimer: I will say now that I didn't read any of the replies.

I'd definitely go with Sin. Open RPGs are only not fun when they're made in a way that's not fun. Just make sure you don't forget the most important part: the ability to decide what you want to do and how you want to do it. If I want to be an asshole and conspire against the other players and try to help Sin grow, the triggers shouldn't stop me from doing so. Same with going off on my own, etc. If anything, I'd think the players should start without vision and only become a team if they choose to.

There should also be a lot of different ways to do what you decide you're going to do. I like that you're moving away from the grind-based jRPG approach, that's already showing good innovation that expands on the Open RPG concept rather than conflicting with it. Mini-games sound cool too, if money is involved in purchasing items and such, perhaps some gambling games would be available with the normal house-favored odds.

I'd also suggest making it so you don't have to be involved with the "clean-up" all the time, where it becomes more of a monotonous chore than a side-activity. It's important to have a number of optional things available to do, but equally important for the player to actually have time to do them.

tl;dr: The triggers should be as nonrestrictive as possible, the gameplay options should be diverse, and clean-up should not monopolize playtime.

Jul 7 2010, 11:30 pm The Starport Post #92

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Disclaimer: I will say now that I didn't read any of the replies.

I'd definitely go with Sin. Open RPGs are only not fun when they're made in a way that's not fun. Just make sure you don't forget the most important part: the ability to decide what you want to do and how you want to do it. If I want to be an asshole and conspire against the other players and try to help Sin grow, the triggers shouldn't stop me from doing so. Same with going off on my own, etc. If anything, I'd think the players should start without vision and only become a team if they choose to.

There should also be a lot of different ways to do what you decide you're going to do. I like that you're moving away from the grind-based jRPG approach, that's already showing good innovation that expands on the Open RPG concept rather than conflicting with it. Mini-games sound cool too, if money is involved in purchasing items and such, perhaps some gambling games would be available with the normal house-favored odds.

I'd also suggest making it so you don't have to be involved with the "clean-up" all the time, where it becomes more of a monotonous chore than a side-activity. It's important to have a number of optional things available to do, but equally important for the player to actually have time to do them.

tl;dr: The triggers should be as nonrestrictive as possible, the gameplay options should be diverse, and clean-up should not monopolize playtime.
Noted. But I'd plan to start with as conservative a design as gets the job done, with ample iteration and testing as I go along. Making a gajillion options is not the way I'd want to do it, to start.

None.

Jul 8 2010, 12:09 am Tempz Post #93

Ranking in order i think sin and a & o is a tie

Sin
A & O
Space Dogs

None.

Jul 8 2010, 2:35 am payne Post #94

:payne:

Move to sc2, remake Astrogears, make SEN famous.

3 steps to SEN's "Veteran" status. :awesome:

None.

Jul 8 2010, 5:18 am The Starport Post #95

I don't make maps for the benefit of others' silly pride.

None.

Jul 8 2010, 3:42 pm Wormer Post #96

Cmon Tux, why so tragic! :O

Can't trick the destiny. If the map supposed to be the last one, let it be. Who knows for sure?.. Chins up! A bird always returns to the nest.

I vote for renaming the thread into "Tux's Next Mega Map, Decisions..."! :...:

P.S.
Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
I'd plan to start with as conservative a design as gets the job done, with ample iteration and testing as I go along. Making a gajillion options is not the way I'd want to do it, to start.
Golden words! :wub:

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jul 8 2010, 3:51 pm by Wormer.

Some.

Jul 11 2010, 1:12 pm The Starport Post #97

I should let you all know that, specifically, I plan to finish a top secrit program I'm working on as well as getting my website back up before (if) I formally begin this. Personally, I've always disliked depending on other sites to host and present my materials. Especially ones I'm not intimately associated with or (*ahem*) accountable for. I shouldn't be doing that anymore. I blame procrastination. :P

Minor issues, but I think they warrant making precedence. Just so you know.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 11 2010, 1:20 pm by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Jul 19 2010, 2:27 pm Vi3t-X Post #98

Interactive Movie with 20 different endings.

What.

None.

Jul 19 2010, 7:06 pm The Starport Post #99

Yeah I'll make a Heavy Rain map. :rolleyes:

None.

Jul 20 2010, 12:33 am Tempz Post #100

lol tux... You should make astrogears remake... that way you can have a regular version and a premium version which you will sell for tons of money :)

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 78 >
  Back to forum