Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Tux's Last Mega Map
Tux's Last Mega Map
Dec 30 2009, 12:51 pm
By: The Starport
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8

Feb 21 2011, 8:11 am lil-Inferno Post #141

Just here for the pie

Quote from New-Guy
One thing I'd like to know about is Sin itself. Is it going to be one unit moving around the map, destroying things? Will it be a collection of buildings that move really slowly around the map? I don't see how you're planning on getting that to work...
Other than that though, every bit about this map sounds epic
The way I originally perceived Sin was a non-corporeal entity, an Observer if you will, that can't directly be hit and basically goes around wreaking havoc. Basically it'd just infest one area and if the players didn't clean up then it'd eventually expand its empire's borders beyond repair. I have no idea what it's supposed to be like now ;o.

Feb 21 2011, 9:21 am The Starport Post #142

I've yet to fully model Sin, but the gist of it is a large, multi-unit object that traverses the map with a combination of slow movement and sudden warping. See above for descriptions of its behaviors. I could make it have a "fully abstract" stage as well, if I could fit it in somewhere...

Until I actually start whipping this up in an editor, I'm just talking out my arse, though.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 21 2011, 9:27 am by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Feb 21 2011, 2:02 pm LoveLess Post #143

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from lil-Inferno
Quote from New-Guy
One thing I'd like to know about is Sin itself. Is it going to be one unit moving around the map, destroying things? Will it be a collection of buildings that move really slowly around the map? I don't see how you're planning on getting that to work...
Other than that though, every bit about this map sounds epic
The way I originally perceived Sin was a non-corporeal entity, an Observer if you will, that can't directly be hit and basically goes around wreaking havoc. Basically it'd just infest one area and if the players didn't clean up then it'd eventually expand its empire's borders beyond repair. I have no idea what it's supposed to be like now ;o.
Get to the final boss of this map to get an idea of what Sin is like, in my eyes.

None.

Mar 10 2011, 9:27 pm The Starport Post #144

In the interest of gameplay, I've decided redo my Sin plans and tone down all "micromanagement" aspects substantially. Basically, I think what would make this work best is if players were just allowed to fuck around more than being required (or even "incentivized", as is a common habit I succumb to) to attend to petty details around them, but eventually have to pull themselves together to solve the primary challenge/puzzle at hand.

Disregard everything previously posted.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 10 2011, 9:33 pm by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Apr 3 2011, 8:07 pm ClansAreForGays Post #145

bump

Apr 10 2011, 9:11 am The Starport Post #146

no u

Probably gonna can this. My goals have just changed too radically as of late.

Might reconsider if I can knock out my current projects any time soon, though...

None.

Apr 12 2011, 1:44 am ClansAreForGays Post #147

You could at least list your other projects

Apr 13 2011, 6:37 am The Starport Post #148

Ironically, one of my projects is something that's meant to help me get my projects done faster. :rolleyes:

None.

Jul 11 2011, 10:16 pm Dizzy Post #149

I'm working on a Movie project and my movie is playable so for all you hate hoarders a movie can be very entertaining, but I have yet to see anyone literally make an interactive movie...
Basically my movie/rpg delivers Grade-A cut-scenes after each mission. Then the previous cut-scene leads into the next mission and there's action in the cut-scene as well as during gameplay so don't judge a book by it's cover.
If Tux were to do something like that I'd be 120% with it.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8
  Back to forum