Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: HoN
HoN
Sep 16 2009, 11:26 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 81 82 83 84 85117 >

Jun 14 2010, 9:53 am Demented Shaman Post #1641

It's worth it, there's a bunch of new heroes too.

There was a patch today too.

None.

Jun 14 2010, 7:02 pm Sand Wraith Post #1642

she/her

Quote from Excalibur
Quote from name:New-.Hydrolisk
I love how Ex is practically inviting everyone except me to his clan.

And by "love," I mean severely abhor.

I'll give you another chance to prove yourself.

I don't even remember when you started hating me. >_>

Jun 14 2010, 10:56 pm poison_us Post #1643

Back* from the grave

Quote from Excalibur
I love how Ex is practically inviting everyone except me to his clan.

And by "love," I mean severely abhor.

I'll give you another chance to prove yourself.

I don't even remember when you started hating me. >_>
Funny, I can't remember a time that he hasn't hated me.

Jun 15 2010, 3:29 am dumbducky Post #1644

I also own the game. I bought it about a week ago. The community seems to have gotten a lot more competitve since open beta ended. I had a .3 kdr because of being rusty and playing with new heroes in ranked games, and then I started having trouble joining games. People kept kicking me because I had such a low kdr. Of course, they would wait until the game was about to start before doing this, without giving me a chance to defend myself. Fortunately, my last game bumped me up to .6 (5/0 with SR).

tits

Jun 15 2010, 4:22 pm Sand Wraith Post #1645

she/her

How's the competitive scene looking for Devourer? I read he's not very good except for pub-stomping nowadays. Almost feels like he's losing a lot of usage thanks to Electrician and Gauntlet. Or something. I mean, considering they're all STR gankers.

Anyway, how's Tundra? IMO, his nuke needs nerfing; even around 30m, he literally instantly melts archers with it. Instant +200 gold. Nymphora is slightly better at farming creeps, but, I dunno.

Jun 15 2010, 7:15 pm dumbducky Post #1646

Me and hydro just won a 2v4. Hell yeah. SW ult + TB ult = win lololol.

tits

Jun 15 2010, 8:01 pm Decency Post #1647

How's the competitive scene looking for Devourer? I read he's not very good except for pub-stomping nowadays. Almost feels like he's losing a lot of usage thanks to Electrician and Gauntlet. Or something. I mean, considering they're all STR gankers.

Anyway, how's Tundra? IMO, his nuke needs nerfing; even around 30m, he literally instantly melts archers with it. Instant +200 gold. Nymphora is slightly better at farming creeps, but, I dunno.
Devourer is pretty much completely unused in the competitive scene. He's a melee hero which immediately drops him down since the vast majority of top picks right now are ranged. Add onto that that as a ganker he can't compare to virtually anyone. Even if you could land 100% of his hooks he'd still be an average hero because he only has 3 seconds of stun and a tiny slow. Lategame, he has no real AoE presence.

The only STR heroes getting picked consistently right now are Magmus, Behemoth, Hammerstorm, and Pestilence, all of whom have a ranged, near guaranteed stun and initiation capabilities. Devourer has neither. There's a few other heroes you'll see rarely and solo mid Electrician is big this week, but STR in general is pretty weak.

Beastmaster was high tier in DotA so I assume Tundra will be at least somewhat strong in HoN. His nuke does "mixed" damage (new to HoN, even though Torturer's Impalement should be). Meaning, it's reduced by BOTH physical and magical armor. Obviously, archers (who have neither) will melt to it, but Heroes on the whole take much less.

None.

Jun 16 2010, 4:47 am dumbducky Post #1648

EVERYONE HATES ME.

What likely follows is a series of posts on why I'm such a noob. IN CAPS.

tits

Jun 16 2010, 5:04 am Demented Shaman Post #1649

Way to ruin my 9-0 winning streak with your horrendous playing.

None.

Jun 17 2010, 3:57 pm Sand Wraith Post #1650

she/her

Book of Scout: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=116010

Book of Blacksmith: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=116037

Take your pick.

Jun 17 2010, 4:20 pm Demented Shaman Post #1651

Wow, those are the most epic fucking things I've ever read.

None.

Jun 18 2010, 2:32 am Bar Refaeli Post #1652

I love the kind of stuff. Full of epicness

None.

Jun 18 2010, 2:52 am Demented Shaman Post #1653

Quote from name:Raccoon
I love the kind of stuff. Full of epicness
Yea, that's stuff LoL doesn't have.

None.

Jun 18 2010, 2:59 am ShredderIV Post #1654

Blacksmith and Scout alone vs. the entire roster of LoL...

LETS GET IT ON!

None.

Jun 19 2010, 1:53 am Bar Refaeli Post #1655

Played on friend's account for the first time in a looong time. I check'd out Fayde and she is awesome. And I guess she kinda suits me cause her ult was my old account name :P

None.

Jun 20 2010, 5:38 am Riney Post #1656

Thigh high affectionado

LOFL

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jun 20 2010, 5:40 am Centreri Post #1657

Relatively ancient and inactive

THIS GAME IS EATING UP MY IP! CUT IT OUT!!!!!

None.

Jun 21 2010, 10:08 am Sand Wraith Post #1658

she/her

FaZ, any comments on SW? Especially on the hardness of SW, compared to other heavy carries e.g. Arachna, DL, MB, SB. Let's throw in Pesti, SS, and FA too.

SW IMO definitely needs some buffs to match up to the current metagame. Did some reading and play-testing, and I'd definitely say that Deserted needs a buff of sorts. Might be any combination or single buff of does not count creeps, affects creeps, increased damage. Desert Curse could use a rescale to either be a better farming tool or a better ganking tool (small buff on personal MS boost, maybe). Dissipate has a huge bundle of counters, and I think that a slight buff to the magic damage amount could serve him well. Stat boosts, in base damage and base STR, could give him a slightly easier time laning.

Either a variety of small, tiny buffs to SW or a slew of tiny nerfs to the majority of ranged Heroes. 'Cause the game and lineups are pretty much stacked against SW. :/
Considering all of the crazy animations, MSs, damage, etc. on ranged Heroes, the majority of melee are left behind, as you have said.

EDIT:
I'm really tired right now. I probably said some pretty stupid things that I don't actually want.
Core idea is that SW needs a slightly better early game. Primary focus of buffs on Hero's stats, as opposed to skills. Skill-wise, if we increased the effectiveness of Curse by boosting the MS bonus or decreasing the mana cost, that could work. Maybe, change Deserted such that it's procurement conditions are more lenient, e.g. damage is merely reduced by increase number of enemies, or it does not count creeps, or it deals 5/10/15/20 True when creeps are around and additional +1/3/5/7% if nothing is around (so LVL4 with nothing around, 20 True + 7% of base attack damage, True), or it can work on creeps.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 21 2010, 10:32 am by Sand Wraith.

Jun 21 2010, 10:27 am Demented Shaman Post #1659

I think in the hands of a capable player, Sand Wraith is a fine hero. He just needs someone that can farm up decently and not die early. Although, I haven't really seen SW dominate since way back before he was originally nerfed, but I'm not sure if that's due to the who I've been playing with or due to the hero itself.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 21 2010, 10:33 am by Demented Shaman.

None.

Jun 21 2010, 10:43 am Sand Wraith Post #1660

she/her

Quote from Demented Shaman
I think in the hands of a capable player, Sand Wraith is a fine hero. He just needs some one that can farm up decently and not die early. Although, I haven't really seen SW dominate since way back before he was originally nerfed, but I'm not sure if that's due to the who I've been playing with or due to the hero itself.

Pretty much this. I just never see SW completely own like I have with every other carry and Hero. I've done so once or twice, but the majority of the time, I end up with a negative KDR (IMO, my support isn't supporting enough, I'd have full team behind me one second, I hit R, I port in, I use Q, and then suddenly, my allies are gone and I'm left with 5 illusions, myself, and a Hero on the brink of oblivion). I still manage a 65% win rate with SW, though.

The majority of the time, I can't carry because my support can't manage to support: they would never harass, never heal, never target the right person, steal creeps, auto-attack and push the lane, feed, rambo in, or similar. That pretty much accounts for my 8 or so losses as SW. Besides MAYBE Chronos (who doesn't even need HotBL as a part of his core), SW is just the absolute worst carry in terms of early-game performance. He's pretty beastly late game and can really tip the scale, but for the most part, he's going to lose before he can get farmed.

Doesn't help that the support doesn't ward either. :/

EDIT:
Some guy said "get Runed Axe" on SW. I'm going to try it out. However, I'm EXTREMELY doubtful it would work. I'm thinking going standard beginning build, but in-lane get a shield, then Lifetube, upgrade to Ironshield, farm Manatube, farm with Desert's Curse and +10 damage from Sustainer, and just go from there. Will try it out.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 81 82 83 84 85117 >
  Back to forum