Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: HoN
HoN
Sep 16 2009, 11:26 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 83 84 85 86 87117 >

Jun 27 2010, 11:02 pm Decency Post #1681

http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/match_replay.php?mid=5633620

Biggest stomp ever hahaha. I joined a group of 4 against a 5 man team and completely ran the game, 11-0. Pretty much the best example ever of why Hellbringer is an auto ban.

None.

Jun 29 2010, 9:44 am Sand Wraith Post #1682

she/her

done with hon, sen just blows too hard at it

keep stomping shit pubs pls

Jun 29 2010, 10:41 am ETEFT(U) Post #1683

Lol... Who are you Hydro?

EDIT: NM I just read your sig, well GL with what ever else you do man... sucks that your rage quitting. :P

None.

Jun 29 2010, 11:00 am NudeRaider Post #1684

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Rage quitters are the worst of HoN players.

Jun 29 2010, 11:49 am Sand Wraith Post #1685

she/her

Quote from NudeRaider
Rage quitters are the worst of HoN players.

Agreed. I'm glad I'm not a rage quitter.

Jun 29 2010, 8:17 pm Demented Shaman Post #1686

Yea, Hydro RQ because he's a feeder. It's funny how he says SEN blows, when he was the biggest problem in the game we played.

None.

Jun 29 2010, 10:20 pm Forsaken Archer Post #1687

Quote from Sand Wraith
Play 1600.
STILL get the noob on our team.
Rage harder.

None.

Jun 30 2010, 12:50 am Bar Refaeli Post #1688

maybe if you guys played LoL!

oh wait- we still get that problem on LoL even with match making

None.

Jun 30 2010, 2:13 am Forsaken Archer Post #1689

IDK, my matches in LoL were pretty even and usually very intense and pretty good games.

None.

Jun 30 2010, 2:33 am Demented Shaman Post #1690

Quote from Forsaken Archer
IDK, my matches in LoL were pretty even and usually very intense and pretty good games.
Because LoL sucks, anyone can be decent at the game and it doesn't matter what you do in the game.

None.

Jun 30 2010, 5:36 am Sand Wraith Post #1691

she/her

Quote from Demented Shaman
Yea, Hydro RQ because he's a feeder. It's funny how he says SEN blows, when he was the biggest problem in the game we played.

I only end up with bad stats as support or ganker. Whenever I'm about to gank or waiting for someone to initiate, they fuck up a Barrel Roll or some shit when it was already decided who and when was going to be ganked, so whoever is initiating is always late and doesn't hit anybody. So then either I have to save my carry's ass by jumping in or let my carry die. So I jump in and save my carry's ass, but then he turns around and gets butt-fucked anyway, frequently while I'm screaming, "Leave me, don't die, go farm."
Which pretty much happens every game we play.
That's in contrast to when I pick Sand Wraith and win 73% of my games. Looking at my main support Heroes, their win %s are terrible, i.e. Witch Slayer, Pyro, Torturer, DS, excluding Voodoo Jester. Mostly because since my good computer died (and has yet to be fixed), I've been unable to initiate properly with WS, Pyro, Tort. Thus, I end up having to wait for either IP or a random pub to initiate, neither of which proves to be reliable unless IP is Arachna with her point-click ultimate.

Quote from Sand Wraith
Play 1600.
Rage harder.

Every. Single. Game.
There's never any cohesion between the team. Everyone is just going everywhere willy-nilly, regardless of whether or not others are ready or not.
I'd be WS or some shit with as stun, and I'd be in lane, and then IP might come along as FA or some shit in the forest.
IP: "Ganking!"
Hydro: "Okay, sec, I'm buying/unpushing the lane/[NOT READY YET]."
IP: "Okay, GO!"
Hydro: WTFOUTOFPOSITION
Result: IP/Hydro dies, or we barely get away from a kill or two.
It's clear to me that SEN is only slightly better than random pubs when it comes to team play, especially in tough situations which require adaptability in game plan.
However, it's also clear that each individual player of SEN (the majority) is better than most random pubs, which is why we can stomp 1500 pubs but frequently have a tough time with 1600 and 1700 pubs.

I.e. I'm raging primarily because there isn't enough cohesion between the players. This would probably be fixed if devilesk got a mic. :awesome:
More seriously, I have to get a new computer, and we need to start formulating better tactics and strategies. I want to play with SEN players because they're clearly awesome, but only if we start getting a bit more serious with the game.
ATM, I want to set up player/Heroes tables again, like I did in the last thread, except with better data and information, e.g. roles, specialties, etc. Then, use said tables and data to formulate better tactics and strategies.

Rolling around the current setup with dev as support, IP as mid-late primary carry, and me as SW carry-support, we really need Jill as ganker-wildcard and Neki/Ultimo as initiator-wildcard. We could also use Ex (support-ganker?) and FaZ (unknown, pusher?) in our lineups to make our strategies more adaptable.

I'd say our first goal to improve as a SEN team should be learning a gank strategy, since presently, we are REALLY entrenched in the standard 2-1-2 20min. laning phase. We need to start learning 2-2-1 standards, new Heroes, and laneless situations, in which we might leave one Hero to lane and the rest to gank as a group of 4.

Besides, who the Hell quits HoN? No one's allowed to quit HoN. Kinda like how no one's allowed to quit StarCraft. Or SEN. Or whatever.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 30 2010, 6:02 am by Sand Wraith.

Jun 30 2010, 6:23 am Demented Shaman Post #1692

Quote from Sand Wraith

I only end up with bad stats as support or ganker. Whenever I'm about to gank or waiting for someone to initiate, they fuck up a Barrel Roll or some shit when it was already decided who and when was going to be ganked, so whoever is initiating is always late and doesn't hit anybody. So then either I have to save my carry's ass by jumping in or let my carry die. So I jump in and save my carry's ass, but then he turns around and gets butt-fucked anyway, frequently while I'm screaming, "Leave me, don't die, go farm."
Which pretty much happens every game we play.
That's in contrast to when I pick Sand Wraith and win 73% of my games. Looking at my main support Heroes, their win %s are terrible, i.e. Witch Slayer, Pyro, Torturer, DS, excluding Voodoo Jester. Mostly because since my good computer died (and has yet to be fixed), I've been unable to initiate properly with WS, Pyro, Tort. Thus, I end up having to wait for either IP or a random pub to initiate, neither of which proves to be reliable unless IP is Arachna with her point-click ultimate.
That last game you played you were feeding needlessly. I realize some deaths happen because you're support trying to save the carry, it happens to me too, and yea IP is a moron and goes around and dies anyway, it just happened to me as well. IP needs to learn how to play.

Quote from Sand Wraith
Quote from Sand Wraith
Play 1600.
Rage harder.

Every. Single. Game.
There's never any cohesion between the team. Everyone is just going everywhere willy-nilly, regardless of whether or not others are ready or not.
I'd be WS or some shit with as stun, and I'd be in lane, and then IP might come along as FA or some shit in the forest.
IP: "Ganking!"
Hydro: "Okay, sec, I'm buying/unpushing the lane/[NOT READY YET]."
IP: "Okay, GO!"
Hydro: WTFOUTOFPOSITION
Result: IP/Hydro dies, or we barely get away from a kill or two.
It's clear to me that SEN is only slightly better than random pubs when it comes to team play, especially in tough situations which require adaptability in game plan.
However, it's also clear that each individual player of SEN (the majority) is better than most random pubs, which is why we can stomp 1500 pubs but frequently have a tough time with 1600 and 1700 pubs.
IP fails at ganking and fails at attacking and fails at going back. He misses easy ganks when he's INVISIBLE and even when I die so that he may live he runs back into them and dies for no reason. Then when we need him most he's some where farming like a noob.

Quote from Sand Wraith
I.e. I'm raging primarily because there isn't enough cohesion between the players. This would probably be fixed if devilesk got a mic. :awesome:
More seriously, I have to get a new computer, and we need to start formulating better tactics and strategies. I want to play with SEN players because they're clearly awesome, but only if we start getting a bit more serious with the game.
ATM, I want to set up player/Heroes tables again, like I did in the last thread, except with better data and information, e.g. roles, specialties, etc. Then, use said tables and data to formulate better tactics and strategies.

Rolling around the current setup with dev as support, IP as mid-late primary carry, and me as SW carry-support, we really need Jill as ganker-wildcard and Neki/Ultimo as initiator-wildcard. We could also use Ex (support-ganker?) and FaZ (unknown, pusher?) in our lineups to make our strategies more adaptable.

I'd say our first goal to improve as a SEN team should be learning a gank strategy, since presently, we are REALLY entrenched in the standard 2-1-2 20min. laning phase. We need to start learning 2-2-1 standards, new Heroes, and laneless situations, in which we might leave one Hero to lane and the rest to gank as a group of 4.

Besides, who the Hell quits HoN? No one's allowed to quit HoN. Kinda like how no one's allowed to quit StarCraft. Or SEN. Or whatever.
I'm already nasty at DS, Glacius, SR, HB, and Polly. I'm a support god. I can also play most of the other heroes, because I'm just that good.

None.

Jun 30 2010, 8:16 am Decency Post #1693

I've been playing mid-gankers/pushers/semi-carries like Hag, Defiler, Madman, Engineer, and sometimes Pollywog, Bubbles, or Blacksmith a decent amount since retail. That's easily the role I feel most comfortable in and do best with but you guys seem to just have IP solo mid with FA/Arachna every game.

On my to get better with list: Fayde, Electrician, Pebbles, Pharaoh, Gauntlet.

I go back to support in higher games where I'm not allowed to solo mid, usually as Hellbringer, DSham, or Tempest. Trying to get better with Accursed , too, since he's finally not an autoban every game. If I mid with Hellbringer it's pretty much an auto-won lane versus someone under 1750 and a 15 minute tower, he's still broken. Arachna and Predator are the only counters I'm aware of because of self-DoT dispel.

And yeah, teamwork wins games at any level, easily. I probably bitch out a teammate 5-6 times a game for not TP'ing or not having one. If I lose a few games in a row or am playing with complete newbs that will listen I start using my mic to just order people around and it tends to work pretty well. For some reason you guys have never done that shit when I'm playing with you. There's never any "TPS TOP NOW" for counterganks or a 5 man TP+aegis to defend a tower and get free picks and a deny. I'll give it another shot if you're looking to get competitive, but I only have a couple of you on friends atm so add me as Decency

I rage hard when I don't have much sleep, fair warning. =p

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 30 2010, 8:45 am by FaZ-.

None.

Jun 30 2010, 6:55 pm Demented Shaman Post #1694

I joined clan verysex, tag TRLL.

None.

Jun 30 2010, 7:30 pm WHORE BEAST Post #1695

devilesk, hydro and ip are mediocore

None.

Jun 30 2010, 7:34 pm Demented Shaman Post #1696

Quote from WHORE BEAST
devilesk, hydro and ip are mediocore
Hydro and IP are mediocre, I am not.

None.

Jun 30 2010, 8:48 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #1697

Just here for the activity... well not really

Hi Everyone,

Heroes of Newerth will be FREE TO PLAY this weekend for anyone who had a beta account! Starting Friday at noon EST and ending Sunday at 11:59 PM EST, all beta accounts will be reactivated and players can login with their old accounts and enjoy HoN once again. For those of you who can't remember your password, you can retrieve it by visiting http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/cs.php. If you forgot your nickname, you can have it sent to you by clicking the "Lost Login Info?" button at the sign-in screen in the newest version of the HoN client.
Come back and try out all the improvements and changes we've made since launch! We will be releasing one of our biggest patches to date this Friday, and we want you to come experience it. Here's a sneak peek at what you will see in this patch:

· Report A Player to ensure quality games for our players

· Meet the Gladiator, our newest hero with a close relation to a certain DotA pirate

· Rampage and Gauntlet will be updated with some new and exciting skills

· Our newest item, the Blood Chalice, will also be added this Friday

and many more updates and changes! To download the newest HoN client, go to http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/download.php. We hope you come join us this weekend!

Warm Regards
Maliken
I guess I'll be back for two days.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Jun 30 2010, 9:19 pm Forsaken Archer Post #1698

Because LoL sucks, anyone can be decent at the game and it doesn't matter what you do in the game.
WRONG. LoL encourages more map control, more roaming/ganking, more team work. The biggest difference is that 1) LoL isn't a disable fest, 2) the spells are lower cool down allowing for crazy shit to happen all the time 3) no denying which allows 2 to take more effect and there isn't anything wrong with that.

If you have a huge negative opinion about LoL I'm positive you haven't played enough games to get into more serious games.
Noob island is a horrible place to judge LoL on.

None.

Jun 30 2010, 9:38 pm Demented Shaman Post #1699

WRONG. LoL encourages more map control, more roaming/ganking, more team work. The biggest difference is that 1) LoL isn't a disable fest, 2) the spells are lower cool down allowing for crazy shit to happen all the time 3) no denying which allows 2 to take more effect and there isn't anything wrong with that.

If you have a huge negative opinion about LoL I'm positive you haven't played enough games to get into more serious games.
Noob island is a horrible place to judge LoL on.
WRONG. You're just a delusional LoL noob. If you love LoL so much why are you playing HoN?

None.

Jun 30 2010, 9:44 pm Sand Wraith Post #1700

she/her

Your stance is the same as my stance in HoN. I've started watching HoNCast videos, 3 or 4 of them, DreamHack and the S2 Invitational tournies.

HoN is tight when you play it properly. 3-man, 4-man, even 5-man roams across the map, and everyone knows what they're doing.
I really don't see anything great about LoL that I don't see in HoN. The Summoner spells are also a joke. Casual "superweapons."

Options
Pages: < 1 « 83 84 85 86 87117 >
  Back to forum