Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: HoN
HoN
Sep 16 2009, 11:26 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 75 76 77 78 79117 >

Apr 22 2010, 6:35 pm ShredderIV Post #1521

Quote from name:FaZ-
Fayde is pretty meh. Most people are building her to carry with Runed Axe and such and she's obviously sub par at that. Her ganking skills are also meh, nothing compared to Nerubian Assassin who she's similar to and probably the HoN replacement for. =/

I wish S2 would stop making heroes, tbh.
That's why people think she's so bad. They focus waaay too much on her farming and try to build her like a carry. She is so much different than that. NA was not really well balanced IMO in dota, while fayde doesnt seem to be. Also, they form two different roles. Yeah they're both gankers, but NA worked so much differently. Fayde works much better at keeping her opponents on their toes into the late game, whereas NA seemed to lose a lot of oomph late game.

She is also a good counter to carries who have to farm a lot. Push a lane with your illusion while you go into the jungle and kill their carry while he's trying to get farm.

None.

Apr 23 2010, 1:28 am Decency Post #1522

Yeah, she scales better because her ult isn't flat damage but she doesn't have anywhere near the instant damage potential that NA does. Other than that they're pretty much the same but a ganker that can't finish someone before they get off their spells isn't a good ganker.

None.

Apr 23 2010, 2:25 am OlimarandLouie Post #1523

So... I've been at HoN for a while, and I'm kind of getting the hang of it. No doubt N`Hydrolisk will disagree on that.

What I'd like to know, is if you guys have any idea of a few builds I could use for Succubus, because I've been going by the recommended items list for quite a while.
First: Talisman of Exile
Second: Steamboots
Third: Nome's Wisdom
Fourth: Staff of the Master

Game usually is over by now. I'm pretty sure this is a sucky build, but hey, it's the best I can come up with. :-_-:

Runes of the Blight and Homecoming Stones are used when needed.

None.

Apr 23 2010, 2:36 am ShredderIV Post #1524

Yeah, she scales better because her ult isn't flat damage but she doesn't have anywhere near the instant damage potential that NA does. Other than that they're pretty much the same but a ganker that can't finish someone before they get off their spells isn't a good ganker.
But she can. You just have to do it well. And does this mean you're saying deawood isnt a good ganker? Pretty much because he never silences or stuns and they can still technically cast spells?

None.

Apr 23 2010, 8:47 am Sand Wraith Post #1525

she/her

I wish Nerubian Weaver had been ported. NA was good too. And they should port Furion while they're at it. :<

Olie, consider replacing your Staff of the Master with a Shrunken Head, unless the opposite team has no stuns whatsoever. Shrunken Head will let your survive long enough to get your ult off. It provides a nice boost to Succ's formidable auto-attack too.
Also, consider replacing the Steamboots with Ghost Marchers if the enemy team has Heroes with good escapes/high movement speeds. It will help to chase, although generally, this won't be very necessary (I prefer Ghost Marchers myself for the attack damage boost and speed boost).

Apr 23 2010, 9:07 am NudeRaider Post #1526

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from OlimarandLouie
What I'd like to know, is if you guys have any idea of a few builds I could use for Succubus, because I've been going by the recommended items list for quite a while.
Recommended item lists lie. Most of the time there are better items.
All you need to know:
http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=34787

Runes of the Blight and Homecoming Stones are used when needed.
I hope you realize that Runes are always needed early game. Read: always.
And that you should always carry a homecoming stone or two after the laning phase. Again, read: always. It's a bit hard to explain when that is, but you know it when you got ganked the first time by more than just the mid hero.
They are very much unterrated by newbs because they don't understand how HoN works yet and because they have a hard time farming their items so they want to spend their money "on more useful items". Be not one of them.
Use them to escape a gank. Just run into a forest pocket and hit TP
Use them to save teammates. When they are in trouble near a tower hit TP. Sometimes the opponent will give up right when he sees it, and if not disable his ass. Your teammates will love you.
Use them to quickly change lanes either when you've pushed too far and need to farm a safer lane or to help your team defend towers. Don't be the only one to TP in when 3+ heroes attacking a tower! Or just to join a push.

First: Talisman of Exile
Second: Steamboots
Third: Nome's Wisdom
Fourth: Staff of the Master
Talismans are fine. She will make good use of the mana gain. Don't be afraid to get 2.
Steamboots are too slow. Get Ghost Marchers as you're the one that has to catch enemies and disable them for your team.
Nomes? I don't know, it doesn't fit her playstyle. Get shrunken head instead so you can cast your hold uninterrupted.
Staff of the Master on is like a mortal sin on her. If you get it you don't understand her role. All that the Staff does is give you stats, which you don't need, except maybe the str and give your ult more damage. But your ult isn't about damage (except early game where it's devastating, but you don't have SotM there), it's about the disable so your carry can get the kill.
Alright, so instead of Staff get Kuldra's or Sac Stone if you have extra money to spend.

Final tips: Get bottle ASAP and buy TPs and gank the fuck out of your enemies. You should never be farming. Always ganking. This is what she truly excels at: Mes one, hold the other and have your allies pound on them. If someone might get away or you need hp, heartache. DON'T ks with heartache! You don't need kills to fulfill your role. And the bottle replenishes your mana after a gank and on the way to your next gank you will probably find a rune to refill it.
Oh and since you're not very item dependent you should be the one warding the whole time. Ward their forest so you can gank their carry while farming. Read a warding guide on the forums first though.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 23 2010, 4:30 pm by NudeRaider.

Apr 23 2010, 2:37 pm Decency Post #1527

Quote from ShredderIV
But she can. You just have to do it well. And does this mean you're saying deawood isnt a good ganker? Pretty much because he never silences or stuns and they can still technically cast spells?

Good Deadwoods buy a Portal Key. If they hit a root, they blink in and ult. Instant 1000+ damage.

None.

Apr 25 2010, 3:03 am poison_us Post #1528

Back* from the grave

I find Chiprel to be a very easy character. Have yet to have a kdr below one with him, despite being targeted first in team fights, and I think we all know how crappy I am. He probably needs to be nerfed some.

EDIT: Nude, if you don't mind me asking, why did you leave that game?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 25 2010, 3:13 am by poison_us.

Apr 25 2010, 9:16 pm NudeRaider Post #1529

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Cause I was against you. And from what I heard it was a wise decision.

Apr 26 2010, 12:28 am poison_us Post #1530

Back* from the grave

Yeah, I am pretty beast.

No, seriously though, the other team abandoned ship starting around 5:00 or so, mostly because of Corsten. Our team had an idiot on it though...a melee (wow, isn't in Chrome's dictionary) went with zeph, who was going to forest, despite being told that it's smarter for a ranged to solo.

Apr 26 2010, 2:27 am Sand Wraith Post #1531

she/her

I once solo'd as Devourer against Soulstealer. Needless to say, I was the one who was stealing souls, and devouring them too.

I once solo'd as Devourer against Moon Queen. I guess you could say that she was stuck in the new moon phase, though.

I once solo'd as Blood Hunter against Soulstealer. He wasn't stealing many souls.

Apr 28 2010, 1:57 am Phobos Post #1532

Are you sure about that?

I wish I could play Devourer and/or Valkyrie. I just suck at aiming Hook and Javelin.

this is signature

Apr 28 2010, 3:44 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #1533

Just here for the activity... well not really

Quote from name:New-.Hydrolisk
I once solo'd as Devourer against Soulstealer. Needless to say, I was the one who was stealing souls, and devouring them too.

I once solo'd as Devourer against Moon Queen. I guess you could say that she was stuck in the new moon phase, though.

I once solo'd as Blood Hunter against Soulstealer. He wasn't stealing many souls.
If you solo Devourer against Soulstealer and win...
Are you now the Soul Reaper?

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Apr 28 2010, 4:23 am rockz Post #1534

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from poison_us
melee (wow, isn't in Chrome's dictionary)
It's spelled mêlée.

@Olimar:
Succubus is simply a disable->(disable)->weaken->disable ganker. First you mesermize someone on the team (try to take out someone who is a disabler). Then, if you have kuldra, get someone else, or save it for later. Smitten their carry, then ult on someone you want dead.

Depending on playstyle, you have a lot of free range on her, however she doesn't need a whole lot to be useful. A lot of it is situational, but nomes certainly doesn't fit her. I'd get any boots, a few talismans or bracers, and then work on a portal key, puzzlebox, or shrunken head. Oh, and you're a ganker, so before you get the 2000+ items, get the 200+ items like wards and dust. keep the runes warded. If you're hellbourne, I like to keep top rune warded, bottom if Legion. If you're ganking their forest successfully, vice versa, and also drop one in their defensive open forest area. If you're really pushing well and owning in the gank department, there's 3 plateaus you can ward, 2 very close to the legion base, and 1 very close to hellbourne. The Legion's secret shop one is hard to get placed though.

Portal key lets you do a LOT, including escape, initiate (insta take out 2-3 people for 5-7s), and chase very well, especially considering mesmerize's cd and heartache's cd. Shrunken head is nice if there's a lot of disables, but I'm no good at using it, so I can't imagine you'd be good either. Puzzlebox is made for succ, since if it's a 1v1, you can Mes->puzzle->heartache->ult->attack with minions and almost always get an instant kill, and the mesmerize is optional. Also note that puzzlebox is an activateable bound eye/mobile blue ward which deals 400 damage to the person who kills it.

You never get staff of the master on succ, since puzzlebox does much more damage, and has many more uses. If you're out of stuff to get, grab a kuldra, since that adds yet another disable. I also like frostfield plate in general for its slow and huge mana bonus and added defense, but at that point, I'd rather get a behe for life + improved cooldown.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 28 2010, 4:29 am by rockz.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Apr 28 2010, 5:08 am Sand Wraith Post #1535

she/her

You're supposed to get Codex on Succubus (and Sand Wraith and Soul Reaper and Scout and Thunderbringer), you mortal fool!

Sand Wraith w/Codex is fun to pubstomp with. Tried and true.

Apr 28 2010, 5:26 am Neki Post #1536

Guys, open beta is ending soon, in May, sad day for all. :(

None.

Apr 28 2010, 5:49 am Sand Wraith Post #1537

she/her

So, who are the nubs that aren't going to pre-purchase and quit HoN?

Apr 28 2010, 1:12 pm NudeRaider Post #1538

I'm not going to purchase. Pre or otherwise. Might have considered it when they put more effort into making everything work. I hate half finished games.

Apr 28 2010, 2:50 pm Decency Post #1539

Already bought. But I really hope S2 stops making their own heroes, I can't stand most of the newer ones. Fayde, Chipper, Forsaken Archer, Engineer, etc. They are all either straightforward or overpowered and it really kills the concept. I want DotA ports. =/

None.

Apr 28 2010, 3:01 pm NudeRaider Post #1540

That's their trick, they release OP heroes so everyone loves them cause they can own with them, then they nerf them.
Way to gain popularity and it's working. Everyone loves Chipper and Fayde.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 75 76 77 78 79117 >
  Back to forum