Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: HoN
HoN
Sep 16 2009, 11:26 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 73 74 75 76 77117 >

Apr 15 2010, 11:11 pm poison_us Post #1481

Back* from the grave

wow, it changed. Odd. I guess that's another thing they need to have update quicker.

Apr 16 2010, 5:18 am LoveLess Post #1482

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

I have a new PC and haven't been able to properly try it out, as there is always some idiot that causes problems. But I am currently 2.1:1 with two games, so go figure: Give me a better computer and all is well!

None.

Apr 16 2010, 12:50 pm rockz Post #1483

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

sorry for all those with bad luck. I've shot up like 80 psr in the last week. 80% of my games I've had a k:d greater than 1.

One game magebane was a hard carry and was 15-3 by the end of the game while we were finishing off their tree. I jumped in as hag and ulted someone (I was 4-4) he was attacking and he actually got mad at me for ksing.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Apr 17 2010, 1:23 am Sand Wraith Post #1484

she/her

Hey loveless

F*ck you.
Thanks for leaving us. 10 minutes my f*cking ass.

GUESS WHO WON

EDIT:
If whatever drugs you got saved a life or similar, then it's not so bad.
Otherwise, I wish you were under the ground right now. Dead.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 17 2010, 1:32 am by New-.Hydrolisk.

Apr 17 2010, 2:20 am NudeRaider Post #1485

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Yeah. Leaving your mates stone cold is not cool. Especially considering what we went through just to get you into the game with us.

Apr 17 2010, 3:23 am Phobos Post #1486

Are you sure about that?

Sorry about leaving that one game guys. But I had no option, my brother decided to be a faggot.

this is signature

Apr 17 2010, 3:35 am poison_us Post #1487

Back* from the grave

Quote from rockz
sorry for all those with bad luck. I've shot up like 80 psr in the last week. 80% of my games I've had a k:d greater than 1.
Funny, nowadays the majority of the games I lose I have a KDR of 1.0 or greater. PSR is on the uprise too. I've been lucky and haven't had games with complete idiots recently. For example, my last game I went 7/0/9 as Witch. Sorta happy about that, even if witch is an easy character.

I really should've gotten two accounts and used the non-"poison_us" one to get used to HoN :(

EDIT: Hydrolisk, I like your legionnaire's score: 11/11/11.

Apr 17 2010, 3:55 am ShredderIV Post #1488

Quote from poison_us
Quote from rockz
Funny, nowadays the majority of the games I lose I have a KDR of 1.0 or greater. PSR is on the uprise too. I've been lucky and haven't had games with complete idiots recently. For example, my last game I went 7/0/9 as Witch. Sorta happy about that, even if witch is an easy character.

I really should've gotten two accounts and used the non-"poison_us" one to get used to HoN :(

EDIT: Hydrolisk, I like your legionnaire's score: 11/11/11.
If you're still playing 2v2's however, I cannot claim that you have gotten any better.

Also guys, KDR isnt everything. Just because you have a KDR of over 1.0 doesnt mean you did well in a game. Sure many heroes are gankers and such that should be getting kills, but a majority of the time, it's better to let someone else get the kill (since statistically you should only be your team's carry in 1/5 of the games). I had a mq i played with today who went 15-7 (i think) but was terrible. The only reason she had a good KDR was because she would ks everything with moon beam. At one point during an enemy push, she bought back 3 times going "I gotta get kills for my stats!" Which is not how the game should be played.

For example, despite my shitty play most of the day today, i still managed to go 11-2 or something with pebbles, mostly through saving teammates and luck in battles. However, the match before that, I played better. However, i was something like 5-5-19.

If anything, go for assists and wins. I'd rather have a guy on my team with 1300 psr, a .5 KDR and a 65% win, than a guy with 1700 PSR, a 2.0 KDR and a 40% win.

Also for anyone in that game with the pro soulreaper. that's how you should play the game. He did it perfectly. When he had a chance in mid, he killed. When no one else had a chance to kill, he killed. Otherwise, however, he mostly sat back and supported. He wound up still with a high KDR, mostly because he only died like once.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 17 2010, 4:03 am by ShredderIV.

None.

Apr 17 2010, 6:04 am poison_us Post #1489

Back* from the grave

5v5, I stopped playing 2v2 after you said the only reason I was doing well is because its so unbalanced. How the hell did she have the money to buy back like that? What was she saving up for? To have that kind of money and not use it is inexcusable.

EDIT: just had a nice game where 2 of my team left, and we still fought pretty damn well. Scout, Pharaoh, and me as Jereziah. Before the ragequits, pharaoh was waiting until right after I died to use his projectile and kill them :(

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 17 2010, 8:06 am by poison_us.

Apr 17 2010, 9:34 pm ShredderIV Post #1490

Quote from poison_us
5v5, I stopped playing 2v2 after you said the only reason I was doing well is because its so unbalanced. How the hell did she have the money to buy back like that? What was she saving up for? To have that kind of money and not use it is inexcusable.

EDIT: just had a nice game where 2 of my team left, and we still fought pretty damn well. Scout, Pharaoh, and me as Jereziah. Before the ragequits, pharaoh was waiting until right after I died to use his projectile and kill them :(
Yeah, that's why i was pissed. It was pretty early, but in the end i think it cost like about 1800 of her gold, maybe more.

Alos, a game as lego today, me and nymph on the hellbourne side took the behind the tower approach against the legion bottom of bloodhunter and tempest (tempest was gonna jungle until we started the strategy, so we effectively shut down their jungler and their bottom solo). Wound up 5-1-10 i think, with 2x Vanguard, plated greaves for allied support/push shit. That's all. But with my hp regen, we totally pushed down their mid lane constantly, and wound up winning at 20 minuted by taking down their throne, not by having them concede. I think my GPM at 5 minutes in was 468. I had my 2x Vanguards at 10 minutes.

Also, best kill ever with pebbles. NH in our lane, got ultimate. I ran into the jungle for the second, and so did the enemy corrupted in our lane, so I had an idea. I hit chuck and targeted my allied nymph, and, as luck would have it, chucked nh right into nymph, which revealed him for 3 seconds, long enough for both me and nymph to get an attack off and kill him.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 17 2010, 11:01 pm by ShredderIV.

None.

Apr 18 2010, 3:06 am LoveLess Post #1491

I'm sorry Hydro! And yes, I had to take this guy who was in a car wreck to get a refill on his pain pills. I really apologize for leaving.

None.

Apr 18 2010, 4:49 am Sand Wraith Post #1492

she/her

Quote from LoveLess
I'm sorry Hydro! And yes, I had to take this guy who was in a car wreck to get a refill on his pain pills. I really apologize for leaving.

All right, I thought so. Thanks for the notification. We could really have used you, but anyway, it looks like you've gotten a lot better.

Shredder's gotten a lot better too, I think.

--

On another note, I really need a group of regulars to play. And by regulars, I mean like a 5-man clan or something that will be devoted to actually working together and winning. Also, do any of you have some good strategy resources? Especially for BD and SD.

Apr 18 2010, 4:55 am ShredderIV Post #1493

Quote from name:New-.Hydrolisk
Quote from LoveLess

All right, I thought so. Thanks for the notification. We could really have used you, but anyway, it looks like you've gotten a lot better.

Shredder's gotten a lot better too, I think.

--

On another note, I really need a group of regulars to play. And by regulars, I mean like a 5-man clan or something that will be devoted to actually working together and winning. Also, do any of you have some good strategy resources? Especially for BD and SD.
Thanks Hydro :D And I have. I havent just been getting better through playing, but also through memorization. Mostly things like juke spots, ward positions, etc. Although i can still be not so good with certain heroes (engi being one i'm not so used to).

I'd be willing to play as a regular. It will probably be a lot easier once the summer hits and I'm done with school, even though i might have a job. For BD and SD, startegies are much harder, especially with SD. Basically they wind up being where you just go with whatever you've got going.

Also, that tempest and defiler were just such shit. Honestly, defiler going 1-14 and tempest using his ult in the worst possible situations. I seriously felt that we had the upper hand in the beginning of that game, were it not for those two we cuda won ez.

Also, you wanna hear a joke? :D

None.

Apr 18 2010, 5:40 am LoveLess Post #1494

Quote from name:New-.Hydrolisk
but anyway, it looks like you've gotten a lot better.
Happens when you go from a shitty PC to a really good one.

None.

Apr 18 2010, 7:39 am Decency Post #1495

Couple of my recent good games since I haven't played with any of you in a while. =)

39376417 - 9/2/17 Wretched Hag in an 1800ish game.
37455962 - 8/2/17 Pharaoh 1600+ game.
39922672 - 26/9/14 Arachna squishing 1500's.
38703544 - 8/2/3 Tempest with an 8 minute Portal Key and only one completely fucked up ultimate, lol.

I really like playing with high level/organized players who understand the top tier metagame, makes it so much more intense and a lot less bitching, too.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 18 2010, 8:35 am by FaZ-.

None.

Apr 18 2010, 1:50 pm ForTheSwarm Post #1496

I won't be playing much; my computers are complete shit.

None.

Apr 18 2010, 7:45 pm poison_us Post #1497

Back* from the grave

I would play with you guys, but you wont play with me :(
I like to be played with by people I know, not complete strangers. They're creepy.

Apr 18 2010, 8:51 pm rockz Post #1498

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

nobody but hydro is on when I'm on, and I don't feel like waiting around for poison to leave his game to just play with him.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Apr 18 2010, 9:44 pm Sand Wraith Post #1499

she/her

Chronos vs. Sand Wraith, 1v1, with equal players; who would win:

1) based on both Heroes maxed out?
2) based on design?
3) based on graphics?
4) based on soundset?
5) based on story/lore?
6) based on overall badassery?

(Asking 'cause I feel like I writing an FF or similar.)

Apr 18 2010, 10:19 pm ShredderIV Post #1500

1) sand wraith I'd say. Dispersion is just too good against anyone. Even if chronos has 5 doombringers, sandwraith just has to ulti with 6 of em, and chronos is dead. Also, if he's built like a tank, blademail and dispersion would kill chronos instantly.
2) Chronos is built better around his skills. Sand wraiths skills could work better around another theme.
3) Chronos, just cause chronosphere looks badass.
4) Sandwraith sounds his part. Chronos is kinda generic sounding, although i dont know how they could do it better.
5) Chronos' story is soooooo lame. I mean, a robot? He isn't anything like a robot.... SW wins.
6) Sandwraith loses the badassery simply because his attack animation is retarded. HEY GUIZE LETS STAB EM WITH MUH TINY DAGGER! while chronos has a motherfucking axe thats like 1/2 his size.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 73 74 75 76 77117 >
  Back to forum