Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: HoN
HoN
Sep 16 2009, 11:26 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 74 75 76 77 78117 >

Apr 18 2010, 11:03 pm poison_us Post #1501

Back* from the grave

Rockz, Nudiepants, Ducky, me, and "Corsten" (dunno who this is) all played. I sucked, but they roxx0red. Especially Rockz. I got killed twice before I realized that magmus and puppet have a nice lil stun combo :hurr: . After that I did pretty crappy, but we still won.

Apr 18 2010, 11:06 pm dumbducky Post #1502

I must correct the above post. I also sucked.

tits

Apr 18 2010, 11:16 pm Decency Post #1503

Chronos vs. Sand Wraith is not realistic because they're both irregular carries. Sand Wraith usually builds to deal damage through Dispersion but Chronos is a dominant anti-carry with his bash to sap agility.

So Chronos wins that EASY, and can get out easier if he's losing. Sand Wraith should never get a kill.

None.

Apr 19 2010, 12:07 am ShredderIV Post #1504

You gotta go by all the categories he made.

Badassery was probably the most fun.

I've also found that I like playing certain carries a lot, but mostly like supporting nukers, but not pure supports. For example, I love playing pebbles. It's really fun to dominate melee lanes with him when the enemies come in for a kill. O you wanna kill me? 700 damage combo to the face. What now?

My last hitting abilities have also skyrocketed, as well as my positioning skills. It's become much easier to predict opponents movements.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 19 2010, 12:18 am by ShredderIV.

None.

Apr 19 2010, 12:57 am ForTheSwarm Post #1505

1) based on both Heroes maxed out?
Tie.

2) based on design?
Chronos

3) based on graphics?
Sand Wraith

4) based on soundset?
Both of their soundsets suck.

5) based on story/lore?
Chronos

6) based on overall badassery?
Sand Wraith

None.

Apr 19 2010, 1:35 am Phobos Post #1506

Are you sure about that?

I do not comprehend Sandwraith gameplay.

this is signature

Apr 19 2010, 1:44 am Neki Post #1507

Chronos, it's not even a contest. Chronos is made for 1v1, even more so than Predator. He saps agility, an reliable stun, and a good ultimate. Sandwraith is only a good carry because of his ability to wreak havoc in team fights when combined with mock + dispersion, and he is a very slippery character to gank.

None.

Apr 19 2010, 6:22 am Decency Post #1508

Quote from Phobos
I do not comprehend Sandwraith gameplay.

When you do damage to him he does 20% of it to everyone near him. So in order to do 100% damage to Sand Wraith, he does 20% damage to all enemy heroes near him. In a teamfight, that's 100% damage, and that's assuming that he has equal life to your opponents, which isn't true because he always builds to tank if played well. Also doesn't even count the damage that he does himself, which can be decent, especially after a mock.

None.

Apr 19 2010, 3:34 pm rockz Post #1509

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

1) based on both Heroes maxed out?
Chronos

2) based on design?
Chronos

3) based on graphics?
Sand Wraith

4) based on soundset?
Both of their soundsets suck.

5) based on story/lore?
Chronos - he's not a robot, he's like chucky. Sand Wraith is just your typical scary monster in the desert.

6) based on overall badassery?
Sand Wraith

Almost 100% agree with FTS, but chronofield+25% stun=instakill.

Also, In those 2 games I was in with you poison, all I did was initiate, and had an epic genocide initiate with tempest (lol 2-1-15). My lego sucked.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Apr 19 2010, 10:02 pm OlimarandLouie Post #1510

Just out of interest, whenever you guys are online, who else on SEN do you see online regularly?
I see NudeRaider and poison_us on generally.

None.

Apr 19 2010, 11:13 pm Sand Wraith Post #1511

she/her

I think I only ever see NR on frequently.

Chronos: 11
Sand Wraith: 8

I'll be starting a fan fiction soon. Chronos in in the lead for gameplay.

Last question: In the context of a fan fiction, for whom would you wish to read about winning?

Apr 20 2010, 12:15 am Dungeon-Master Post #1512

I figured I would try this, my name is GearsOfLag
Edit: Actually, nevermind. My craphic card isn't compatible and am not getting another one anytime soon.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 20 2010, 3:11 am by Dungeon-Master.

None.

Apr 20 2010, 9:02 am NudeRaider Post #1513

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Before you give up... What graphics card, CPU and OS do you have?

Apr 20 2010, 5:06 pm poison_us Post #1514

Back* from the grave

Also, who is this "Titless?" He sits in SEN, and never talks, at least not to me. Anyone got an ID?

Apr 20 2010, 8:15 pm LoveLess Post #1515

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from poison_us
Also, who is this "Titless?" He sits in SEN, and never talks, at least not to me. Anyone got an ID?
He's IP's friend if I remember right.

None.

Apr 20 2010, 8:21 pm Sand Wraith Post #1516

she/her

Apr 21 2010, 3:33 pm ShredderIV Post #1517

Fayde is sooooo much fun. She messes with opponents heads so much.

I played a 5v5 with her, where at times i would send the illusion up a lane farming, they would gank, and i would show up near one of them in the forest and kill them right after. Eventually, they gave up on the idea that the one pushing was a fake. From then on in, I would just push and farm by myself, and they would stay out of their forest while i was, for fear of being ganked, even though I hadn't used my ulti at all.

Soooooo much fun.

None.

Apr 22 2010, 2:49 am Phobos Post #1518

Are you sure about that?

So, what is good about her? Sure, an illusion that deals 100% damage sounds pretty cool, but I wonder about her actual gameplay. Since most of the agility heroes are carries, I have a hard time trying to understand some of the roles of those who do not carry, such as Sandwraith.

this is signature

Apr 22 2010, 3:08 am ShredderIV Post #1519

Sandwraith is a carry... Pretty much, he is a carry only because if he gets items and a massive amount of HP, he almost can't be killed.

The problem so far is that every agi hero S2 seems to add is a carry. Unfortunately, especially in dota, this is not the case.

Fayde is a ganker. She is specifically designed to gank heroes without them knowing it. She has a mana burn to get rid of their escapes, a disjoint and evasion to stop them from counter attacking, and a stun on order to keep them in place so her allies can beat the fuck out of them. She is not a carry by any definition of it. She has no scaling abilities at all. She was never designed to carry.

Valkyrie, slither, and bloodhunter are other examples of heroes that really arent carries. BH can kinda be with his first skill and his third, but otherwise has no scaling. Slither has NO scaling, and valk only kinda scales because of her high agi gain. All can act as semi-carries, but are better played as gankers. SW is also one of the best solo gankers so far, even though he is rarely played as one.

To answer your question, she is so awesome because she can kill enemies without them ever knowing she is standing right next to them. And a DD rune with her at lvl 6 can easily kill a hero FAST.

Edit: Trick to using her is to do this combo when ganking: Micro illu usually just to keep last hitting or to go in another lane. run to back of opponent. Hit them for the max times you can with your invis attacks, then stun + guillotine for finish. Just finished a game with her 17-0-7. Get an early bottle, then steamboots, and an early talisman for the extra int boots. Set the boots for int, as she has major mana problems. Follow it up with a frostburn. The extra speed helps you chase people who run away when u attack from your ulti, and the slow stacks with your ulti's slow, which helps to chase them down even more and get even more burst damage. After that, i'd say build a t-claw and charged hammer, just because it helps her get those 5 attacks off even faster.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 22 2010, 3:13 pm by ShredderIV.

None.

Apr 22 2010, 4:48 pm Decency Post #1520

Fayde is pretty meh. Most people are building her to carry with Runed Axe and such and she's obviously sub par at that. Her ganking skills are also meh, nothing compared to Nerubian Assassin who she's similar to and probably the HoN replacement for. =/

I wish S2 would stop making heroes, tbh.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 74 75 76 77 78117 >
  Back to forum