Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Final Call For SCMDraft, Revised
Aug 18 2009, 6:37 am
By: Vrael
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 1425 >

Nov 19 2009, 2:51 pm Devourer Post #221

Hello

I didn't see this in the list under "units", so I'll suggest it here:
MAP-REVEALERS ARE BLOCKING AIR-UNITS, that's annoying, how about to be allowed placing over map-revealers although air-stack is disabled?

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Nov 19 2009, 3:41 pm Lord Malvanis Post #222

Repeating my post because it was ignored.

SI, It isn't still using the old window. There isn't even an option to open it up. And I'm talking about the window that Campaign Editor uses right when you start things up, that drops down with Terrain, Units, Heroes, Buildings, Ect.

Also, I'm having trouble with your zoom feature. Whenever I try to zoom out or in, SCMDraft freezes, and then crashes. I made a youtube video of what happens so you can see.

SCM Problem

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Nov 22 2009, 3:51 am by Lord Malvanis.

None.

Nov 19 2009, 6:28 pm Wormer Post #223

Quote from Devourer
MAP-REVEALERS ARE BLOCKING AIR-UNITS, that's annoying, how about to be allowed placing over map-revealers although air-stack is disabled?
I have a strange suspiction map revealers might interfer with air units in-game displacing preplaced ones.

Some.

Nov 20 2009, 7:10 pm samsizzle Post #224

Quote from Wormer
Quote from Devourer
I have a strange suspiction map revealers might interfer with air units in-game displacing preplaced ones.
Map revealers can't even be detected with locations, how could they be displacing units?

None.

Nov 20 2009, 7:15 pm Wormer Post #225

Quote from samsizzle
Map revealers can't even be detected with locations, how could they be displacing units?
They aren't detected. Incomoplete buildings aren't detected with modifiers exactly or at least. Units in transports and bunkers aren't detected with modifier at most. Queen is not detected with bring while infesting a CC. Scaner sweep is not detected by bring, but still can't be casted when there is units limit. Finally hallucinations aren't detected, but noone is in doubt they are units. These all are units, why aren't revealers? Revealers also won't be created when there is units limit and creating revealers with triggers on a location displaces them if there are other air units and crashes SC if there is not enough space.

Though the displacement on initialization (map start) or displacement of the other air units by revealers is only a theory of mine (easily chekable, but I am sorry to have no time and motivation to check at the moment).

Post has been edited 7 time(s), last time on Nov 20 2009, 7:32 pm by Wormer.

Some.

Nov 20 2009, 11:47 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #226

I see you !

I'll check out the map revealer thing, that should not happen.

Lord malvanis: you are talking about the unit palette which scmdraft does not have, I dont see how it has anything to do with a recode of the strings tab in map settings which as I mentioned is not public yet.

Nov 21 2009, 3:34 am payne Post #227

:payne:

SI, you've read my PM but didn't answer D:
Anyways, may I recall you guys that being able to stack map revealers was a suggestion for SCMD2's features (which I think got adopted). If this is done, I do not think there would be any interference with the air units :O

EDIT: Nvm... we can stack air units in the editor, but when game starts, they get displaced... Me was wrong ;o

None.

Nov 22 2009, 1:54 am payne Post #228

If you've been able to add a "Isom mirror" tool, wouldn't you be able to include in the Tileset Index a little box with the mirrored tile of the actually selected tile (only a single tile) ?

None.

Nov 22 2009, 3:49 am Lord Malvanis Post #229

SI, It isn't still using the old window. There isn't even an option to open it up. And I'm talking about the window that Campaign Editor uses right when you start things up, that drops down with Terrain, Units, Heroes, Buildings, Ect.

Also, I'm having trouble with your zoom feature. Whenever I try to zoom out or in, SCMDraft freezes, and then crashes.

Lord malvanis: you are talking about the unit palette which scmdraft does not have, I dont see how it has anything to do with a recode of the strings tab in map settings which as I mentioned is not public yet.

Okay, I never said anything about recoding the strings tab in map settings. Idk wtf your talking about there. All I'm asking for is to have the regular pallette back. Plus I gave you a report about the zoom feature crashing SCMDraft.

None.

Nov 22 2009, 4:44 am Xenderkin Post #230

Did anyone mention that the Sound Editor doesn't show the lengh of how long the wavs should be, which is BS. Has that been fixed yet?

None.

Nov 22 2009, 7:07 am payne Post #231

Quote from name:Ryukenzy
Did anyone mention that the Sound Editor doesn't show the lengh of how long the wavs should be, which is BS. Has that been fixed yet?
Also, I know it got requested already, but just as a reminder: a STOP button for the playing WAVs please? :D

None.

Nov 22 2009, 11:15 am NudeRaider Post #232

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

And add play and stop hotkeys for faster searching through the wavs.

Nov 22 2009, 12:57 pm Kenoli Post #233

Map revealers displacing air units is crazy talk.

None.

Nov 22 2009, 10:36 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #234

I see you !

Updated the download with map scroll via middle mouse button.

Malvanis: I mentioned earlier that I was working on doing that, and your reply was that the palette window was still missing. Also to fix the crash I will need to give you a custom version of scmdraft with more logging since it does not crash on my vista install.

Payne: There aren't even mirrors available for all tiles, that is not really possible. As for the stop button, the other day when researching some stuff for work I stumbled upon some code that may allow me to do that, will have to test it.

Ryu: do you mean the MPQ sounds or the custom added sounds?

Nov 22 2009, 10:51 pm stickynote Post #235

Idk if you've done this/people have suggested this already, but could you make a better text trigger editor?

None.

Nov 22 2009, 11:03 pm rockz Post #236

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I love you.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Nov 22 2009, 11:34 pm Kaias Post #237

Updated OP

None.

Nov 22 2009, 11:46 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #238

I see you !

Quote from stickynote
Idk if you've done this/people have suggested this already, but could you make a better text trigger editor?
Currently not really planned, maybe if I have alot of freetime. The current one was written by DW and I am glad I can maintain it but I have little experience with such apps.

Nov 22 2009, 11:50 pm Kaias Post #239

Quote from stickynote
Currently not really planned, maybe if I have alot of freetime. The current one was written by DW and I am glad I can maintain it but I have little experience with such apps.
While you're here- we need need need the ability to place bookmarks in the classic trigedit window. I'm coming up on 15k triggers right now.

None.

Nov 22 2009, 11:54 pm CecilSunkure Post #240

Quote from Kaias
Quote from stickynote
While you're here- we need need need the ability to place bookmarks in the classic trigedit window. I'm coming up on 15k triggers right now.
I only have 1k triggers, and it's a hassle to run through them all.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 1425 >
  Back to forum