Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: StarCraft Music Crash
StarCraft Music Crash
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Aug 13 2009, 1:52 am
By: Mokushi  

Aug 13 2009, 1:52 am Mokushi Post #1

I discovered this recently and I didn't get a very nice solution so I'm going to ask the SEN public.

When I have the default StarCraft music on it begins to play a loop on a certain part of the song, then when I click Diplomacy, Messaging, or the Menu, StarCraft freezes up and I have to minimize, close, and run again.

I asked a few people and the only advice I recieved was to turn down the music until it was muted. Despite its success I'd like to play with the music on. Has anyone else experienced and solved it without muting the music?

None.

Aug 13 2009, 2:19 am Kimaru Post #2

Yes I have had this problem as well. My music used to loop at a random point, then just keep going round and round. Then shortly thereafter, SC froze. Your CD is probably scratched. I fixed my problem by using a different CD.

None.

Aug 13 2009, 4:15 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #3

Just here for the activity... well not really

Better CD or use the no-cd thing

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Aug 13 2009, 4:47 am Phobos Post #4

Are you sure about that?

Or make an .iso image out of your CD and have an eternal CD. PowerISO is your friend.

this is signature

Aug 13 2009, 5:50 pm Mokushi Post #5

How do I do the "no-cd" thing?

None.

Aug 14 2009, 7:15 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #6

Just here for the activity... well not really

---------------------
- patch 1.15.2
---------------------
Feature Changes

- StarCraft and StarCraft: BroodWar no longer require the CD while playing the game. To play without the CD, please follow the following instructions:

Windows Users:
- Make sure you have "Hide extensions for known types" unchecked. To do this please use the following steps:
- Click Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Windows Explorer
- Click on Tools -> Folder options (Windows Vista users may have to press the Alt key to see the tools option at the top of the window)
- Click on the View Tab In the list, look for the "Hide extensions for known file types" option, and make sure that it is unchecked.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Now you will need to copy some files from the Game CDs

- If you own only StarCraft, copy "INSTALL.EXE" from the StarCraft CD to your StarCraft folder and rename it to "StarCraft.mpq".

- If you own StarCraft: Brood War, copy "INSTALL.EXE" from the StarCraft: Brood War CD to your StarCraft folder and rename it to "BroodWar.mpq". If you wish to play the StarCraft original missions then please copy and rename the install file from the original StarCraft CD as well, as listed directly above.

Mac users:
- If you own only StarCraft, copy "StarCraft Archive" from the StarCraft CD to your StarCraft/StarCraft Files/ folder.
- If you own StarCraft: Brood War, copy "Brood War Archive" from the StarCraft: Brood War CD to your StarCraft/StarCraft Files/ folder. If you wish to play the StarCraft original missions then please copy the Starcraft Archive file from the original StarCraft CD as well, as listed directly above.

If your CD's corrupt, just get Starcraft off the Blizzard store (it's free if you have a key)

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Aug 15 2009, 12:08 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #7

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin

If your CD's corrupt, just get Starcraft off the Blizzard store (it's free if you have a key)
If you don't have a key, but you do have a valid installation (meaning you at one point had a valid key), then I can help you retrieve it.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Aug 25 2009, 3:39 pm theleo_ua Post #8

If you like SC music - why you prefer ingame music engine instead of winamp?

None.

Aug 25 2009, 4:16 pm Heinermann Post #9

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Why would you want two programs opened and playing the same tune at the same time? Starcraft's sound engine is perfect.

Aug 25 2009, 8:22 pm theleo_ua Post #10

As for me - I listen drum and bass during playing haha:)

As for topic starter - I asked him because he has problems with SC engine.

Quote from Heinermann
Why would you want two programs opened and playing the same tune at the same time?

Why same tune? SC engine will be OFF in this case by CTRL+M.

Quote from Heinermann
Starcraft's sound engine is perfect.

SC (and most of game music engines) is bad because of:

1) Same tunes per same game (and will be changed only after you quit current game or finished mission)

2) If I currently bored with current tune, but dont want to quit game - I press alt+tab, change tune, and press BW icon at taskbar. You cannot do this in SC engine.

3) When current game or mission finished - music is autochanged. OMFG - I really dont want this:) I want to listen current track till the end! And I dont want to listen same track several times without listening of other tracks.

4) Playlist. There is no playlist in SC engine. If i like "terran 1" tune and dont like "terran 2" tune - how to do "autoskip" of "terran 2" tune all the time?

So if for example I am fan of SC music - I can put for example 3 terran tunes, 3 zerg tunes and 3 protoss tunes to winamp, and after terran music listen zerg music - not terran music again.

But for me it is really annoying to listen only 9 tracks during SC playing, because SC playing can take several hours.

By the way - if I for example only zerg user - so no terran and protoss music till all my gameplay?:)

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 25 2009, 8:27 pm by theleo_ua.

None.

Aug 26 2009, 6:57 pm Heinermann Post #11

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

This isn't a topic about what tunes you want to listen to. This is about getting Starcraft's NATIVE music to work correctly.

The problem was the CD. The problem has been solved. The topic should no longer be active.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 26 2009, 7:34 pm by Merrell. Reason: watch the flaming

Aug 27 2009, 8:11 am theleo_ua Post #12

You asked "Why would you want two programs opened and playing the same tune at the same time? Starcraft's sound engine is perfect. ".
I answered.

By the way - I proposed nice workaround to topic starter, where you will not receive errors like crashing of sc by the music.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 27 2009, 8:33 am by theleo_ua.

None.

Options
  Back to forum